PC Gaming Era | March 2019 - The Ides of Smarch

Oct 25, 2017
Uh there is evidence they look for that information even if the person DOES NOT link their Steam account to EGS, why should they be snooping around my computer looking at Steam without my permission?

And Steams own API can do that for them, they dont need to do their own snooping to get information that is given permission to be publically avalaible.

Epic should NOT be snooping around my local files.

Oct 25, 2017
Google has so much cash on hand. If they are serious about gaming you better believe moneyhats are on their way.

With Ubisoft showing up at their conference I wouldn't be surprised if they moneyhatted Watch Dogs 3 as a timed exclusive or something. Maybe Google + PC only for a year. I remember W2 wasn't a big seller for Ubi compared to the first so they go could go down that path.

And yea streaming licenses + rights are gonna be a whole new console war shit going forward once this streaming platform race takes off. Timed exclusivity is gonna be a popular word for these next several years. Its gonna be a lot of hypocrisy and Q_Q going on.

Mar 14, 2019
Google has so much cash on hand. If they are serious about gaming you better believe moneyhats are on their way.

With Ubisoft showing up at their conference I wouldn't be surprised if they moneyhatted Watch Dogs 3 as a timed exclusive or something. Maybe Google + PC only for a year. I remember W2 wasn't a big seller for Ubi compared to the first so they go could go down that path.

And yea streaming licenses + rights are gonna be a whole new console war shit going forward once this streaming platform race takes off. Timed exclusivity is gonna be a popular word for these next several years. Its gonna be a lot of hypocrisy and Q_Q going on.
Maybe I will finally make a dent in my backlog while I'm waiting for all the exclusivities to expire?

Naw, who am I kidding, my wishlists are nearly as big as my libraries on most stores.

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a nightmare vision google partners with epic and google box has epic store as the sole place to get games. can't see it happening but shudders.
It won't happen to that extent but I totally see Fortnite releasing on the new Google console. Epic gonna put that shit on everything.

Maybe Google will parrot the same 12% dev cut nonsense just like Epic. They could light a fire underneath Xbox and PSN's asses pushing devs to their new hardware. Would be good for competition.

Oct 25, 2017
First GDPR fines were small because they were warnings with promises from the companies that they would start complying. If the big ones still do not fulfill it soon, they will get the big fines (aka the ones related to turnover)