Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Because people don't give a fuck on questions which don't touch them directly, plain and simple. Another (maybe stupid) example: the retail releases in Italy now all pretty much cost 75€ each, while they are 69.98€ in the rest of Europe, and in US the same releases are 60$. On Steam we also pay games like the rest of Europe (the "rich" part). Now, I won't say Italy is comparable to places like Ukraine for the average monthly salary, it woould be just a lie, but as you know Italy is in a very bad economic situation with a huge unemployment rate, but still we pay games like (or in case of retail releases even more) than Germany, in example. But guess what? No one cares. While it's true if you/your country are in a bad economic situation gaming is not strictly the first world problem, it's also true if you have a full time job, you manage to live by yourself, paying your bills and in general having money to spend on things you like, you should be able to spend those money without being fucked by people who straight up refuse to aknowledge the economic situationt/disparity with other countries of your country. It would be like paying 3/4 times more for a Coca Cola, of course you don't need it, but if you want it, you should be able to buy one without getting ripped by the company.

But not giving a fuck is different then even defending that corps do it in those countries. Like I can see the "fuck you got mine" argument, but not "lol, better play with a stick and a ball".

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I found out Puyo Puyo Tetris stops recording your game after you go over 99 minutes and 59 seconds in Tetris Marathon Endless mode. (And the clock in the match stops going up after 59 minutes 59 seconds and 99 miliseconds, but I already knew that)
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
when Fanatical sends you a 30% off code for Darksiders 3... but it's only for the deluxe edition.

tenor.gif

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Dictator

Will we have to wait until after the official launch of BF V for the PC/tech analysis? I am so super curious about certain settings effects on performance Vs. the sacrifice to visual quality. So far, it seems lighting is the one to drop first from Ultra to high, because the performance boost is nice but as far as I can tell the visual trade-off is negligible.

Also thanks a whole ton for the V-sync video, it was really helpful to understanding more about it. Not just what it is, but how it works as well. :)

For anyone who knows German this is a quite detailed analysis including the differences between presets: https://www.computerbase.de/2018-11/battlefield-v-benchmark-test/

Particularly interesting is them pointing out that the graphics are so detailed that 1080p isn't cutting it anymore, looks muddy when using that, you need at least 1440p for the visuals to really shine and the jump to 4K is bigger than in any game yet.

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to finish Deltarune yesterday. Ralsei is the best, and I don't know why I didn't expect that ending.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
is playstation plus worth it if you don't play multiplayer games?

i'm thinking of getting it for the bloodborne online idk

also new games on my region seem to be selling for $72, i wonder if it's because i bought the console on japan?

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

also new games on my region seem to be selling for $72, i wonder if it's because i bought the console on japan?
Playstation Plus is a great value to me, I'm subbing from PS3 days and I don't play online at all, and I played so much stuff with it. If you are the kind of person who doesn't purchase a lot of AAA games so it's a very good way to try some titles each month. Of course there are months in which there's nothing interesting me, but in general there's always a game I want to try.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
How does that work? Lack of market competition?
From what I have seen, it's more of a downside of "unified" EU market. For easily transportable goods and services, you probably want to target countries like Germany first since the consumers are richer and more likely to jump in overall. Then you don't want to undercut it in somewhere like Poland too much because you risk Germans just buying it there (possibly by proxy, if the gas station situation is any indication). This is often enough to cut off everything but the most engaged part of Polish market. You're not losing much by raising those prices a teeny bit higher, though not above importing from Germany.

Frankly, while, once again, CDPR social staff doesn't exactly show off their social skills ("We apologize for those hit by price raises, but the adjustment was required for business reasons" - there, even that is slightly better, and that's coming from a madman), the phenomenon of "hype" is the only reason I see for giving regional pricing of games a thought. The common sense thing to do, if it was absent, would be to have a catalogue of games with steadily falling global prices and marketing the old ones in poorer markets instead.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

I just re-subbed mine because it ran out last week. I only play a handful of games online, and the occasional PS+ game is worth downloading. Otherwise I would just let it lapse.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Performance in Gears of War ultimate is so shite. Limited GPU usage and just jumps around while doing nothing. Had to lock at 30

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I was gonna get Ni No Kuni 2 for Steam (I still plan to in the future) but I went ahead and bought the premium edition from Best buy for PS4 - for $10.

$20 on sale + the best buy mystery certificate and a $5 gift receipt - got it for $10.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking personally, absolutely do not buy PS+ for this alone.

No idea if things have changed since I played it but I couldn't connect to anyone no matter how much I tried. However I was remiss to keep attempting as summoning attempts requires consumables unlike Dark Souls.

So long and short of it, I played all of Bloodborne solo as I could never connect with anyone >_<

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I've been paying for US PS+ since I bought a PS4 back in early 2015, but I decided the other day that I'm not going to renew next year. I don't play games online at all, and the only rental I've ever downloaded is Mad Max -- and that was for a mate.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I've been paying for US PS+ since I bought a PS4 back in early 2015, but I decided the other day that I'm not going to renew next year. I don't play games online at all, and the only rental I've ever downloaded is Mad Max -- and that was for a mate.
Same story here. I pretty much started getting it to play FGs online but where I live is just not conducive to that, plus PC is now actually being more and more viable for that genre. At least my brother got to play a lot of the games featured on PS+.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Nope.

Paying a subscription to reduce prices on digital versions and to get "Free" games that only work as long as you are subbed isnt worth it.

If you arent playing it for online MP which should be the only reason, then you shouldnt get it.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Will you get Artifact for free if you have the Steam friends and family complimentary? I have that complimentary after the botched Steam controller release for OSX, but Artifact is still possible to preorder for 17.95 Euro. So I guess the answer to my question is "no"?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
thats a no on PS+ for me aswell, especailly just for BB.

Ironically, I'm actually considering the Nintendo one. That one is on the cheap side right? Like 20 for 1 year?

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah, I don't do PS+ either. Due to me refusing to pay for something that should be free, more than anything else. I don't play much online either, so whatev, it only made me buy DS3 and MHW on PC instead of PS4.

thats a no on PS+ for me aswell, especailly just for BB.

Ironically, I'm actually considering the Nintendo one. That one is on the cheap side right? Like 20 for 1 year?
Yeah, that's it, and you can even share it with people using the family option.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I bought PS+ for 3 months when I got PS4 few years ago and that's it. I will maybe get another 3 months when RDR Online drops.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
DICE are magicians, I dont know how they make games that look so good and perform so well on a 970. We should clone everyone that works at DICE and give a set to all developers.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, definitely. GOTY voting that ends in December instead of February would be more preferable for me.

No, the year doesn't end on December 1st.

I didn't even finish ten games this year.

No. The slow time in December and beginning of January is always the best time to catch up on things I missed over the year.

Vote: NO to earlier GOTY polling.

===========

World of Final Fantasy update included a launcher that adds a Windowed mode for those who wanted it. Other options include shadow resolution up to 4K, rendering resolution which at first glance seems to support even custom entries from Nvidia control panel, and a nebulous "Post-Processing" toggle (on/off).

Still 8 more hours to wait for Maxima DLC.
500318779822178316.png

We should have a GAAS of the year award!! (so that ck2 can win every year)

No, the year doesn't end at the beginning of Dezember.

It would certainly be a nod to our members with high levels of precognition, who already know before years' end if they'll care about the stuff in December.

Toby Fox games always count, no matter the context.

Definitely not, still a lot of games to be released until the end of the year, such as Hitman 2, Mutant Year Zero, Underworld Ascendant, Darksiders III, X4: Foundations, Just Cause 4, Insurgency: Sandstorm and certainly other stuff people are excited about.

Would be better to do a vote in late December.

Sounds good!

Sounds interesting. Never done this before. How would this work? Gifting steam games? minimum cost of the gifts?

Last week of december for goty
Yes to secret santa if we put a cap on price

Okay, the vast majority of comments want the PC Gaming Era to be not in December.

3xZ2ujT.png

• PC Gaming Era will start on January 1st and last until 20th January TBC.
  • Results will follow the week after TBC.
  • Same strucutre as before as it work very well using google forms for results
  • Still using APS, other voting methods results in same results so it doesn't make too much sense to vote
  • Any games on the 2017 list cannot be submitted on the 2018 list,
  • More information will come out in due time.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Will you get Artifact for free if you have the Steam friends and family complimentary? I have that complimentary after the botched Steam controller release for OSX, but Artifact is still possible to preorder for 17.95 Euro. So I guess the answer to my question is "no"?

Yeah, and any pre-order bonuses that may or may not show up. The F&F sub is basically the Valve employee sub minus special promotional DLC (e.g. the Summer Sale 2012 items for TF2) and the ability to purchase stuff on the store at no cost.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Bloodborne multiplayer is most likely pretty dead by now, the game already had a lesser focus on the pvp component to begin with and it's now been 3 years.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
wow i wasn't expecting such a strong agreement for the no side

so i guess the free games aren't worth it

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Well I wouldn't get it for one game.

Also the discord from Reddit for BB you can find people for online.

Not free since you have to pay for a sub to actually play them.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Okay, the vast majority of comments want the PC Gaming Era to be not in December.

3xZ2ujT.png

• PC Gaming Era will start on January 1st and last until 20th January TBC.
  • Results will follow the week after TBC.
  • Same strucutre as before as it work very well using google forms for results
  • Still using APS, other voting methods results in same results so it doesn't make too much sense to vote
  • Any games on the 2017 list cannot be submitted on the 2018 list,
  • More information will come out in due time.
Thanks for doing this again. The Steam PC Era GOTY list is usually one of the less terrible ones.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So I think I just beat Hitman 2's entire campaign O_o
Pretty short but at least the replayability for doing silly shenanigans is enticing.

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That feeling when you beat BernardoOne at Hitman ^_^

At fist I was gonna share the feeling but now
tumblr_pg59uebQdQ1sxfvy5o1_500.gif

I do agree that they could've used a more proper term or sentence like that the cocaine he is researching has stronger effects etc.

Oh I didn't realize the game had a friends leaderboards. Doesn't look like many people on my friends list have been playing, though. Wouldn't mind some more competition if anyone wants to add me.

Here's my profile link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to get a Samsung SSD Int 512Gb 970 PRO PCIe M.2 SSD

Will a Z170 chipset motherboard have the correct fitting needed? I'd assume so but not 100% sure

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Tempted to get a Samsung SSD Int 512Gb 970 PRO PCIe M.2 SSD

Will a Z170 chipset motherboard have the correct fitting needed? I'd assume so but not 100% sure

It should do. You'll want to make sure your specific motherboard supports the 2280 form factor, and due to the limited number of lanes on mainstream Intel CPUs, the M2M/A port shares bandwidth with SATA ports, so you'll lose at least one of the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.