Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played it after EA. I think it's pretty good on PC, but it does sound like the console versions lack in a few ways.

It is a good continuation of the sort of racing games we used to have decades ago but of course it won't have Forza Horizon 4 level graphics.

Besides Rollcage, it also reminds me of POD and Powerslide.

Good to hear. I'll check it out then since I loved rollcage back in the day.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Mhm, I hope they don't patch DQ XI anymore. Especially since it breaks the mod every time. Suppose I should get around to playing it sooner rather than later....

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It was not a joke. It might be due to the high number of games installed on my HDD, I don't know. The first time Steam starts after I boot Windows, this window stays on the screen for a minute or two:

oafhKIK.png
Are you on Windows Vista?

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh I didn't realize the game had a friends leaderboards. Doesn't look like many people on my friends list have been playing, though. Wouldn't mind some more competition if anyone wants to add me.

Here's my profile link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
All you snobs with the expensive editions while I'm here waiting for another day and 8 hours for the regular edition unlock.

Sad.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I finished chapter 3 in AC Odyssey, and soon after that cultist's stuff revealed I thought that I'm finally starting to get burned out with gameplay loop. Game suggested going to some island and leaving some regions behind, so I've decided to try to check them first before going forward through the story - and that was a bad idea. I went to the smallest of these regions, Lokris, and honestly, it's a shame that AC Odyssey also copied the worst parts of Witcher 3 - all those goddamn ? marks on the map are just endless bandit camps and beast lairs with few loot chests. Very repetitive, very frustrating stuff with no real surprises or interesting places. I find it really weird that some camps are marked on the map with ? while there's even more of the same camps on the map that are not marked at all. What is more confusing, there IS a lot of historical locations and interesting places and game gives you XP for finding them, but they are NOT shown on the map in any way, and most of the time I didn't even notice them because I was just running through the city and "historical location found" message appears with no info except its name. Why don't you highlight these places, double down on historical tourism aspect, add more info about them? That would be ? marks that I would gladly look for, not those fucking copy-pasted bandit camps over and over again, and yet they're basically there but not there at the same time.

Forts in this game are really annoying, I was trying to stealthy clean up another one in Lokris, but eventually fucked up and suddenly my bounty went from 0 to close to last levels, and suddenly 6 (SIX) mercenaries spawned near me and started to hunt me down while I was running in circles, trying to finish remained tasks in this fort. This shit is just broken, after that every time I was trying to clear another fucking camp once I blew my cover there were 2-3 mercenaries spawned out of nowhere forcing me to run away, so I just gave up and paid an outrageous amount of money to clean my bounty level right during camp cleaning, and right after that mercenaries magically knows about it and left during the battle. This is just stupid and serves no purpose except to waste your time if you're not careful enough.

But after all this shit, I've completed that sidequest about a dude who wanted to get his sword and shield back, and the outcome was unexpected and really great. Seriously, I genuinely laughed and that was a really nice story, I even forgot about my previous few hours of mindless camps cleaning. Though I'm absolutely not going to clear remained regions now, I'm going to just follow the story and came back only after I become 3-5 levels overpowered than enemies in these regions to quickly deal with them without a hassle while exploring the world for sidequests and some nice places to take screenshots.

Deques

Oct 26, 2017
I see that Hitman 2018 has the same minimum requirements as Hitman 2016. Is the performance on the second game pretty much the same as the first game?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox fans trying to convince PC gamers that they can trust MS' win store strategy is one of the funniest things I have seen on this forum. Weren't they crying that their Xbox exclusive games coming to PC will make their $300 boxes not so special anymore a while back? I mean its a 50/50 outcome of whether they commit to their words but telling people who have been dealing with MS' bullshit when it comes to the PC from a bunch of people who probably can't find the power button on a modern PC never mind actually gaming on one to "trust" them is downright hilarious.

I hope MS does make it work though, more good games on the PC is always a good thing as far as I am concerned.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yo, I love the Windows 10 store so much. I left Killer Instinct downloading overnight, was at like 35 GB done out of 36 when I woke up. Paused it for a minute, restarted it after a short while.

Boom, starting from the beginning again.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's really a great store. Very thoughtful. I'm thankful it didn't delete the Forza Horizon 4 demo when I told it to do so, and instead kept all 40+ gigabytes of it in a directory that I couldn't access manually in case I wanted another go at it down the line.

That said, if they can make it not shit I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Yo, I love the Windows 10 store so much. I left Killer Instinct downloading overnight, was at like 35 GB done out of 36 when I woke up. Paused it for a minute, restarted it after a short while.

Boom, starting from the beginning again.
I wish I could trade in my Win copy for a Steam one. I haven't played it much since I picked it up because it's such a hassle to get my arcade stick setup without dinput support.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox fans trying to convince PC gamers that they can trust MS' win store strategy is one of the funniest things I have seen on this forum. Weren't they crying that their Xbox exclusive games coming to PC will make their $300 boxes not so special anymore a while back? I mean its a 50/50 outcome of whether they commit to their words but telling people who have been dealing with MS' bullshit when it comes to the PC from a bunch of people who probably can't find the power button on a modern PC never mind actually gaming on one to "trust" them is downright hilarious.

I hope MS does make it work though, more good games on the PC is always a good thing as far as I am concerned.
You should trust the new guy!
Even if Microsoft had spend more than 10 years promising stuff toPC gamers only to fuck things up.
You should trust the new guy, he is different than all previous guys in charge of the gaming division!
Even if he had spend the last two years promising changes on the store and the store has had no major changes.
You should trust the new guy, this time he will take charge of the store!
Even if the store has much more than just games and would need a total reconfiguration of approach to be decent as a game store.
You should trust the new guy, this time will be different!

We will see you guys in 6 months in another episode of "This time MS will actually care about PC Gaming", the long running comedy show on Gaming.
Starring:
Phil Spencer as the newest guy to make promises
GFWL Windows Store as the shit service
Games targeted for PC (that are never marketed)
And more!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
My only experience with the Windows store was for Gears of War 4 and it went off without a hitch. Eventually I uninstalled it though because it creeped up to like 104GB and I only wanted it for the story mode but they kept updating multiplayer crap. Hopefully Gears 5 is similarly painless.

... but given how people talk about the store, it's hard not to feel like I just got lucky that one time.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me laugh is how much people consider Phil Spencer the trustworthy new guy who seemingly can't do anything wrong.

He has been at Microsoft for literally decades. He joined in the 80's. He just wasn't head of Xbox.

Oh yeah but he didn't have the power to make decisions then right? Bullshit. He quickly became manager of Microsoft's game studios and according to interviews was the person primarily responsible for the mismanagement of Lionhead and Rare.

On top of all the problems Microsoft have as a company, from strict platform lock-in to straight up patent trolling to destroy rivals, why the fuck would I trust him? Because he isn't Don Mattrick? Sorry Xbox fans but that's not how it works.

And for the record, I don't trust Nadella 1 bit either.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I never had any issues with Windows store either, I downloaded some demos and everything installed and worked fine. The only time I had problems with MS games was Sea of Thieves closed beta that SHOULD have been available for me through their "Xbox Games Preview Programm" app but it refused to recognize it and were giving me some unknown error, but it's technically not a winstore issue.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me laugh is how much people consider Phil Spencer the trustworthy new guy who seemingly can't do anything wrong.

He has been at Microsoft for literally decades. He joined in the 80's. He just wasn't head of Xbox.

Oh yeah but he didn't have the power to make decisions then right? Bullshit. He quickly became manager of Microsoft's game studios and according to interviews was the person primarily responsible for the mismanagement of Lionhead and Rare.

On top of all the problems Microsoft have as a company, from strict platform lock-in to straight up patent trolling to destroy rivals, why the fuck would I trust him? Because he isn't Don Mattrick? Sorry Xbox fans but that's not how it works.

And for the record, I don't trust Nadella 1 bit either.

I mean, even if we take him to heart about him now focusing on PC.... why didnt he say anything of value in E3 or in this event? This event was pretty barebones and could have easily had some PC announcements (or heck, a trailer of AoE4 with the mouse compatibility in Xbox).

They could easily have added some nice pc bits without changing the overall event and actually appear to be bridging the console-pc gap as they have been pushing for a couple year now. And yet they didnt.

Edit: yeah I am still salty that no extra information about AoE4 has been said since basically its announcement and that AoE HD was sent to die.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
You should trust the new guy!
Even if Microsoft had spend more than 10 years promising stuff toPC gamers only to fuck things up.
You should trust the new guy, he is different than all previous guys in charge of the gaming division!
Even if he had spend the last two years promising changes on the store and the store has had no major changes.
You should trust the new guy, this time he will take charge of the store!
Even if the store has much more than just games and would need a total reconfiguration of approach to be decent as a game store.
You should trust the new guy, this time will be different!

We will see you guys in 6 months in another episode of "This time MS will actually care about PC Gaming", the long running comedy show on Gaming.
Starring:
Phil Spencer as the newest guy to make promises
GFWL Windows Store as the shit service
Games targeted for PC (that are never marketed)
And more!
Speaking of new guy...ever notice how the problems at Xbox are always because of one guy? First it was Mattrick, now its this Myerson fella.

Morning all! Looks like it's my birthday

Happy birthday. Get togethers at the mega household must be weird now that your "dad" went off and made a new brother that totally is not you but kinda really looks like you.....weird.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of new guy...ever notice how the problems at Xbox are always because of one guy? First it was Mattrick, now its this Myerson fella.

This is very deliberate, and a strategy used in a lot of companies and even governments.

Pin all the blame on one person as a precaution. That way when it goes bad it's very easy to use them as a scapegoat, get rid of them, and pretend you've turned a new leaf.

Bonus points if you throw out a couple of new projects which totally show how different you are, but are at the end of the day nothing more than empty PR moves.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Nevermind that the guy has been in a power position inside MS Gaming division for a while nor that he probably wont have the power to change MS Store as that is a key component of other divisions (as the store is much more than gaming).

But yeah, it is common to consider "tabula rasa" once a new leader is appointed even if the guy has also been part of the mess, and that is in more industries than gaming.

It is just disingenuous to be angry at PC gamers that do not believe he will amount to anything after 2 years of empty promises by him directly. At most, it just points towards PC Gaming being their last in the list of importance which ... I guess for console gamers is cool but hey, being third class citizens is cool and wont amount to any problem in the future, am I right?

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Had a great time this weekend with some weird and small games I happen to have.

-Bad Dream Coma. Should be done with the "bad" run soon. My GF complimented the artwork so that's a plus.
-Tower of guns. Its kind of a like "the binding of issac" but with guns. Mindless yet fun
-Steamworld Dig. I didn't expect to get into this game, as I had hit a wall with it and bounced off it a while back. This time it clicked.

I did a smattering of Deus Ex: MD and The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone as well. I'd need more of an uninterrupted block of time for those games.

Oh crap, just realized that I need to reinstall Skull Girls for the holiday so me and the gf can beat each other up. Fuuuckk, my 1tb drive and 240gb ssd are not cutting it anymore. But I'm too cheap to get a hdd before my current one dies. (I do have a good back up solution so this isn't an issue)

Last edited:

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I don't understand all the hate towards the MS Store. It's cool and the RNG mechanics are a pretty nice addition. There was this one time I was trying to download the Gears of War game and it kept giving me an error which turned a boring, mundane operation into a very exciting moment. When I finally succeeded, I played for a while and then it launched an update, which required to download the whole game again for some reason (lore, I guess), which failed and the game was unplayable again. Like a permadeath mechanic. Pretty smart, pretty smart. Kudos to MS.

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.