Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I just beat Hitman 2's entire campaign O_o
Pretty short but at least the replayability for doing silly shenanigans is enticing.

How long did it take you?

I haven't really dived into Hitman 2 yet, but you can beat almost every Hitman level in like 10 minutes if you just run to the target(s), shoot them and run away. But that doesn't really mean anything. If you actually explore the levels/opportunities you can spend hours with every level easily. The game is almost entirely built around replayability.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It should do. You'll want to make sure your specific motherboard supports the 2280 form factor, and due to the limited number of lanes on mainstream Intel CPUs, the M2M/A port shares bandwidth with SATA ports, so you'll lose at least one of the latter.
Ah shit, I use two other SSDs which iirc connect via SATA, am I shit out of luck?

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it. Picked up a rift and I guess I don't have enough ports? I have one hdmi on the graphics card and 2 others, but my tv and the headset would both have to be plugged into the graphics card? Fuck you facebook

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, and any pre-order bonuses that may or may not show up. The F&F sub is basically the Valve employee sub minus special promotional DLC (e.g. the Summer Sale 2012 items for TF2) and the ability to purchase stuff on the store at no cost.
Thanks, I will resist the urge to preorder Artifact and wait for my free copy then!

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Playstation Plus is a great value to me, I'm subbing from PS3 days and I don't play online at all, and I played so much stuff with it. If you are the kind of person who doesn't purchase a lot of AAA games so it's a very good way to try some titles each month. Of course there are months in which there's nothing interesting me, but in general there's always a game I want to try.

It took them ~4 years to start including the occassional PS4 AAA title though, the selection became real bad for a good long while with some months coming across like mockery, it recently improved thankfully, probably because of stronger competition (Game Pass being the main one). Still very hit and miss and not comparable to the early PS3 days when they didn't have the crutch of needing Plus for online.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't think so, but have a look through your motherboard manual. It'll say which SATA ports are disabled when an M2 SSD is installed.
Seems to be ASRock Z170 Pro4S, can't find a manual but in specs it does seem to support it says

• Slots
    - 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2: x16 mode; PCIE4: x4 mode)*
    - 3 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)
    - Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™

*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks

Ah found it

*Support to be announced
If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 will be disabled.

**Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks

How will I know what port Sata 3_0 and 3_1 are? As one of the SSDs has my OS on it.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
edit: ^ that is more useful

Seems to be ASRock Z170 Pro4S, can't find a manual but in specs it does seem to support it says

Ah found it

How will I know what port Sata 3_0 and 3_1 are? As one of the SSDs has my OS on it.

It is generally written next to the ports.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
bloodborne is very cool, but i feel like i went through these first two bosses just spamming health and bullets

edit: like actually, i kind of dig that bloodborne is so designed to play against what you learned from dark souls, trading hits is often the best strategy, the cap on healing items and bullets and the constant stream of consumable loot makes you constantly be using them to power through fights, and combat feels a lot messier and awkward and violent

kind of makes sense that your dude ends up drenched in blood after just mowing down bad guys as they throw themselves at you

it's kind of great

i do feel the two bosses i fought were kinda lame because i kind of just brute forced my way through them, and while i appreciate that half of that is the point, i still wish i could like say i figured them out, instead of just mostly trading blows. they're so easy

i'm sure later bosses will make me regret saying this...

You don't need Plus for the messages
pretty sure i do since they only started showing up once i activated ps plus

same with the bloodstains and phantoms

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Hi there Echo!
I am just finishing up the Hitman PC video at the moment and have something bigger planned for BF V to coincide with its real launch - so you will have to wait a bit I think. Hopefully you guys are OK with that. Even though it would be nice and tempting, I do other things than DF videos :D, cough cough, another job, cough cough. So We will have to wait a bit!

And thanks for the nice words regarding the vsync video - it took time and I wanted to be as correct as possible. It is not perfect at all, but hey, perhaps someone had a question answered there. Now only if people watched tech focus video as much as they watched videos about getting + 3 fps in fortnite :D

That's fine, I was just curious and getting caught up in the early hype. So take your time! It's probably for the best anyway since there will be some patches between now and then which could effect your performance tests.

Re: Tech Focus, man I watch every single one! I love to learn about the technical stuff so I hope you aren't discouraged by the lower view counts and can continue to make them whenever an idea for a new one pops in you head. DF built itself on console wars (and I don't mean that in a offensive way) so it's not too surprising people show up in droves for the other stuff.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
So, is it odd that I find GOG Galaxy to be a better client than Steam? I am using the Steam Air skin, but GOG is faster, and it's easier to find stuff you're searching for. Like I'll type in the exact name of a game I'm searching for but Steam's results just respond with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My internet is slow as hell, maybe that's contributing to it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really dived into Hitman 2 yet, but you can beat almost every Hitman level in like 10 minutes if you just run to the target(s), shoot them and run away. But that doesn't really mean anything. If you actually explore the levels/opportunities you can spend hours with every level easily. The game is almost entirely built around replayability.
I know, but I still wanted to see how long it took one player to feel they are "done" (at least on their first playthrough) with all the missions. Just curiosity, as I usually take much longer with games that offer any meaningful player freedom and exploration.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Has anyone played The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup by the Conker creator?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/800690/The_Unlikely_Legend_of_Rusty_Pup/

A little bit, and I'm pretty mixed on it so far. It's pretty charming. The narrators speak in silly voices and rhyme a lot, and the world's density of animation is neat. Lots of eyes that open up and watch the proceedings and the like. The core gameplay is like Lemmings, but with only one Lemming. Rusty rolls around, and you manipulate the environment to control where he goes. I've been frustrated with a lot of it though. There are pipes you have to fall through, and they'll often drop you out really far away, or just into immediately lethal situations. You can't scan the levels ahead of time (or at least not properly, since things render in black and white until you wake Rusty up, so you can't tell which pipes match up), so you have to scramble really fast not just to place objects and turn lights on/off, but also to figure out where everything leads. It feels overwhelming in a way that isn't really satisfying to overcome, especially since redoing a level after death has a lot of waiting around.

Granted, I'm only about an hour in, so I'm not sure how the gameplay will change as things go on. It hasn't been the best first impression though. I feel like I want to enjoy it more than I actually am.

fuzzylogic

Oct 26, 2017
In the original Hitman, people you're behind know you have drawn a weapon if you aren't in sneak-mode when you unsheathe it. "That rustling... that can only be the sound of a bespoke piano-wire garrote!" [Sneak-mode on] "That modestly muffled rustling... eh, no idea, probably just a bird."

I had to God Mode through Say Hello to My Little Friend after failing at it about 60 times across two evenings. I have no idea how I could have beat that ridiculous level normally. It requires too many perfect timings and spells of luck. I also got sick of guard's bodies falling through their watch towers and getting me caught... Seems like there's not even enough ammo, much less health, in the level to brute force it either.

Now I've arrived at the alleged best mission in the game, the bath-house hotel, which I'm looking forward to.

Oct 28, 2017
With all these UI improvements Steam has made lately, I really hope they allow me to sort through my library based on tags

If I'm in the mood for a rogue-like, survival horror, or a 2-D platformer... I should be able to have a way to quickly access those games

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I've been ranting about it in the discord all day but wanted to give an official warning here.

I received a copyright claim email from my ISP yesterday for downloading the Dragon Quest 11 orchestral mod.

Be careful folks or use, ya know, protection.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I've been ranting about it in the discord all day but wanted to give an official warning here.

I received a copyright claim email from my ISP yesterday for downloading the Dragon Quest 11 orchestral mod.

Be careful folks or use, ya know, protection.
Wait what? Does that mean SE is issuing the warning to ISPs?

Have screenshots or something? Sounds thread worthy.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
So, is it odd that I find GOG Galaxy to be a better client than Steam? I am using the Steam Air skin, but GOG is faster, and it's easier to find stuff you're searching for. Like I'll type in the exact name of a game I'm searching for but Steam's results just respond with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i don't think so, the steam client is pretty ugly, poorly designed and doesn't perform very well

i like the origin client the best myself

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone here play Grip after it left early access?

I had a look at a thread in the main gaming section and it's full of disgruntled impressions from people playing on console. Is it just the console versions that are not too hot?

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
is playstation plus worth it if you don't play multiplayer games?

i'm thinking of getting it for the bloodborne online idk

also new games on my region seem to be selling for $72, i wonder if it's because i bought the console on japan?

In my case, it more than pays for itself by providing greater discounts on most sales (and I pretty much mostly buy PSN games during sales).

Also, PS+ is a prerequisite for having access to PSN cloud saves, so there's that.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here play Grip after it left early access?

I had a look at a thread in the main gaming section and it's full of disgruntled impressions from people playing on console. Is it just the console versions that are not too hot?

I played it after EA. I think it's pretty good on PC, but it does sound like the console versions lack in a few ways.

It is a good continuation of the sort of racing games we used to have decades ago but of course it won't have Forza Horizon 4 level graphics.

Besides Rollcage, it also reminds me of POD and Powerslide.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

I agree. The boot time is especially fast, compared to the "Checking for update" window which stays on the screen way too long everytime the first time Steam starts.

Last edited:

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
I agree. The boot time is especially fast, compared to the "Checking for update" window which stays on the screen way too long everytime Steam starts.

Do I just avoid this since I usually launch in offline mode? (Though I haven't noticed it re-launching in online mode either) As Steam for me only downloads updates while already open, then prompts to install next time I'm in online mode but I've yet to see it halt the launch just to check updates—something GOG Galaxy does literally at every launch for me (and takes far longer to launch on an SSD).

(Unless you were making a joke)

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm alright with most clients. I don't use GOG Galaxy. Bethesda's and Epic's launchers are what I'd consider the worst. I haven't used Bethesda's in a bit but my recollection of it was being sluggish and having a terrible layout. Epic's gets the job done but it drives me crazy that if using it in windowed mode it shifts position every time you bring it up, and its patching method is always a slog; no bandwidth limit functionality, and the Fortnite patching process always seems to hit my CPU hard.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
(Unless you were making a joke)

It was not a joke. It might be due to the high number of games installed on my HDD, I don't know. The first time Steam starts after I boot Windows, this window stays on the screen for a minute or two:

oafhKIK.png

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
It was not a joke. It might be due to the high number of games installed on my HDD, I don't know. The first time Steam starts after I boot Windows, this window stays on the screen for a minute or two:

oafhKIK.png

I see. I only get the notification there's an update available but have the choice whether to install it then or postpone it. Must be a thing to do with my use of offline mode.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It took them ~4 years to start including the occassional PS4 AAA title though, the selection became real bad for a good long while with some months coming across like mockery, it recently improved thankfully, probably because of stronger competition (Game Pass being the main one). Still very hit and miss and not comparable to the early PS3 days when they didn't have the crutch of needing Plus for online.
Yes, it's very hit & miss, during PS3 era it was so much better with triple A titles given each month, now if we get a triple A it's either a Sony exclusive or a superancient game. But I still find value in it, there are a lot of indies I try with Plus, and as I wrote it's a good way to play those triple A Sony games I wouldn't get otherwise, like Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous Second Son etc. I'm curious to see what Plus will become early next year in March, when they'll stop giving PS3 and Vita games offering only 2 PS4 titles each month....if those games are not stellar, I could actually drop my sub too.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland

oafhKIK.png

My old laptop did this everytime when I booted it up. This is definitely some kind of bug with the Steam client not properly closing when shutting down Windows.

Ended up installing Linux on my machine since Win10 wasn't really running all that well on that old hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.