• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like very few games have that +5,unlike last time.
yeah... I mean I can even get them in a screenshot without too much issue
J7L0dT9.png

really only worth grabbing the stuff for the 5+ games if you have a VR headset (or are planning to get one for a certain game that was recently announced)

Star trek bridge crew isn't amazing but it's fun enough in VR with friends
Sprint Vector wasn't bad from what I played on PSVR but the controllers had issues so I couldn't play it. I'm looking forward to trying it again with proper controllers
Arizona Sunshine is supposed to be solid
killing floor is supposed to me alright
rock band VR requires a rock band guitar and since I haven't built my new computer yet I haven't gotten a chance to try that (as I can't currently use the link with my quest and I'm too lazy to use revive lol)

I do wonder if more games will be added though, because the example picture in the explanation of the black friday sale is monster hunter world and it isn't even on sale right now.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Question, I want to play wired with my DS4 on my future gaming desktop I am planning to get.

I'll be playing it from my sofa and my TV is about 12-14 ft away.

Y'all recommend any specific cable or does it not matter?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'd recommend a cable with good support on the connection that slots into the DS4 because that damn controller was designed in a way that if you let it rest on a table or whatever while connected, it forces the connection upwards. The official Sony cable I got died in like one month of use since I didn't pay attention to that.
(Well, the cable still works, it's just absurdly faulty to the point of uselessness)

Or just disconnect it when idling the controller.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'd recommend a cable with good support on the connection that slots into the DS4 because that damn controller was designed in a way that if you let it rest on a table or whatever while connected, it forces the connection upwards. The official Sony cable I got died in like one month of use since I didn't pay attention to that.
(Well, the cable still works, it's just absurdly faulty to the point of uselessness)

Or just disconnect it when idling the controller.

Yeah it will only be connected when in actual use when I play games, I plan to disconnect the cable upon stopping.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone cares about my experience on it but I tested the steam remote play together tonight and it worked fairly well.

we started with spelunky which the other person said only had a little input lag, nothing more than we have had with other games online.
then decided to do rocket league (even though we both own the game on PC lol) and while he had some controller issues most of the time it was running quite well with only input lag every so often.
finally we tried to do a single player game, and it doesn't let us do it :P

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So a preview video for Life is Strange 2 Episode 5 came out yesterday and revealed something pretty interesting.

David Madsen might be in Life is Strange 2. Oh boy.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oxygen Not Included is on sale right now.

Should I get it or just save the money for RimWorld ?
I don't have rimworld yet but i can recomend oxygen not included. (note that i have played mostly during early access so some of my opinion might be wrong now.)

I enjoyed oxygen not included for several reasons, that said i want to start by saying the game is really easy to understand. most concepts work the way you expect them to. I really enjoy this because it is very easy to start up the game, the first few days of the colony will be "easy" as you will be building the expected stuff (rooms to sleep in, producing power and oxygen,etc.). while the start is super easy the game gradually becomes deeper (and harder). You start by carving out everything around you then you start building a base and lastly you begin to research ways to make your base safer/ more efficient. The challenge comes from managing your people and the resources. For example you will need to produce oxygen which there are several ways to; you can use algae, organic matter + power or hydrolyze water.
The best part its that the base feels very "organic" in the way you expand. The animations from the replicants make them very expressive and fun to watch.
Alongside the great gameplay the game has been getting updates very often so take that into consideration as well.

Positives aside here are what bothered me:
  • lack of a useful tutorial (which leads to frustration when something doesn't work; google is excellent here)
  • the UI is extremely "confusing" to me (special the rooms and how the objects are organized)
  • the game is rather difficult (after 20 hours or so is till haven't managed to get a self-suficient colony; and to my knowledge there aren't difficulty modes)
IMO if you like the management games you will have a blast with oxygen not included (unless the 3 negatives above are deal breakers)
I upvote everything in this message, ONI is fantastic.
Just something: there are two layers of difficulty now, one "no sweat" where the needs of the Dupes are somewhat less pressing, and a "survivor" one where the Dupes will be much more delicate to manage.
Moreover, there is also a choice of different asteroid starts: for example, an asteroid with a lot of mineral ressources but low water, an asteroid with much lower temperatures than usual, etc. Each one is slightly more difficult than the previous one. You can also enter your own random generator key if you look up for stuff online for an asteroid with all the best geysers if that's what you want, though I feel it's really unnecessary. Le "No sweat" mode is all that's needed in my opinion.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Recently built my new PC, have a weird problem with it though

When I turn the system off, the light above the power button remains on as well as one of the RGB lights in my case?

The only way to shut them off is to flick the switch on my PSU off? Any ideas what could be causing it?

What motherboard do you have?
ASUS mobos do that (not sure other brands do the same). Some of the RGB lights will stay on even for some peripherals. With ASUS you can use their software to turn the mobo lights off when system is off.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Question, I want to play wired with my DS4 on my future gaming desktop I am planning to get.

I'll be playing it from my sofa and my TV is about 12-14 ft away.

Y'all recommend any specific cable or does it not matter?
ds4 CAN be used wirelessly on PC.
Just make sure of the following 3 so that DS4 odesn't cause issues
1- Install PS4 Remote Play
2- Update all Microsoft Store apps installed on your pc
3- Worse case scenario makes ure that your Windows 10 is fully up to date

This resolved any issues I had used DS4 on my laptop wirelessly.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I use an extension, myself

Ooh , no issues at all?

ds4 CAN be used wirelessly on PC.
Just make sure of the following 3 so that DS4 odesn't cause issues
1- Install PS4 Remote Play
2- Update all Microsoft Store apps installed on your pc
3- Worse case scenario makes ure that your Windows 10 is fully up to date

This resolved any issues I had used DS4 on my laptop wirelessly.

The desktop I am getting won't have Bluetooth and you can't use the controller wirelessly on emulators, only wired (tested it last night 😢)

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Just get a cheap usb bluetooth adapter? Retroarch natively supports the DS4, so no button config.

That isnt the main problem for me.

I can play PC games easily with bluetooth as it is which will be the case if I bought a bluetooth adapter for my future desktop but wireless/bluetooth controllers wont work on emulators - only wired.

Tested it this last night.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Epic didn't approach Harmonix to make Rock Band a reality on PC. They would get no\less flack for resurrecting a title that failed a crowdfunding campaign and got canceled.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Don't suppose anyone in here know if there is a way to use the Switch SNES controllers wired on the PC?
It shows up both in windows and steam as SNES controller but won't register any input.

fobbyBro

Jan 19, 2018
hope this is the place to ask, but im looking for a scaling solution for playing on my OLED TV. I usually game on a gsync monitor so i don't really have to worry about frame rates but from time to time I enjoy playing non competitive games in the living room with the OLED and surround sound. Games that have resolution scalers in the menu are awesome because they allow me to keep the native output at 4k so everything still looks sharp and amazing but Id like to play Jedi Fallen Order on the TV and in order to maintain 60 FPS i'd like scale down. the game does not provide a solution other than setting the output to a lower res. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good way to get 4k output while the game is rendering at lower res. Thanks.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
hope this is the place to ask, but im looking for a scaling solution for playing on my OLED TV. I usually game on a gsync monitor so i don't really have to worry about frame rates but from time to time I enjoy playing non competitive games in the living room with the OLED and surround sound. Games that have resolution scalers in the menu are awesome because they allow me to keep the native output at 4k so everything still looks sharp and amazing but Id like to play Jedi Fallen Order on the TV and in order to maintain 60 FPS i'd like scale down. the game does not provide a solution other than setting the output to a lower res. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good way to get 4k output while the game is rendering at lower res. Thanks.
I didn't use it but there is a dynamic scaling option in the settings for fallen order that will drop resolution automatically to keep your framerate at 60 in theory, Give it a try and see how it works.

but the game uses unreal so you should be able to add a r.ScreenPercentage = x in the config file.

config file:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\SwGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

add:
r.ScreenPercentage = X;

where X is resolution percentage, ie: 80 for 80%

fobbyBro

Jan 19, 2018
I didn't use it but there is a dynamic scaling option in the settings for fallen order that will drop resolution automatically to keep your framerate at 60 in theory, Give it a try and see how it works.

but the game uses unreal so you should be able to add a r.ScreenPercentage = x in the config file.

config file:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\SwGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

add:
r.ScreenPercentage = X;

where X is resolution percentage, ie: 80 for 80%

oh that's perfect. Thanks.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Epic didn't approach Harmonix to make Rock Band a reality on PC. They would get no\less flack for resurrecting a title that failed a crowdfunding campaign and got canceled.
Tim Sweeney furiously trying to email Gaben to get HL: A as an EGS exclusive. What you say makes sense as do a lot of other things but I get the sense that Epic just wants to cause as much disruption as possible.

Now that Valve is starting to stir, I wonder what psi-ops campaign he is gonna employ on twitter when the target it not just passively laying on the floor anymore and taking his jabs.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Sweeney furiously trying to email Gaben to get HL: A as an EGS exclusive. What you say makes sense as do a lot of other things but I get the sense that Epic just wants to cause as much disruption as possible.

Now that Valve is starting to stir, I wonder what psi-ops campaign he is gonna employ on twitter when the target it not just passively laying on the floor anymore and taking his jabs.
Valve is never gonna take the bait tho. Even when Geoff tried to stir it, Valve employees were like "Kay fam"

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I have started for the first time The Witcher 3, I'm 4 hours in and loving it so far.

Any advice ? Useful tips/tools ?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I have started for the first time The Witcher 3, I'm 4 hours in and loving it so far.

Any advice ? Useful tips/tools ?

Explore ALL of White Orchard- there's like 5 places of power there, each one gives you a skill point. The riverbed in the village is full of decoction recipes, so make sure to go for a swim.

Once you get to Velen, stick with the western coast- there a lot of low-level enemies there (until you get to the cannibal village), so it's a good early place to level up. It's probably best to turn off the question marks and just stumble into stuff. The first major story quest (one involving a cave) has some pretty tough enemies so make sure you do some levelling beforehand (also, get Cat potion for that night-vision)

Status
Not open for further replies.