• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I stopped idling for cards five years ago, around the time Styx released, but Valve's recent crackdown on cross-region purchasing got me thinking that I should finally use up my drops.

Augmented Steam says I have 16,523 cards to earn. 😶

Freezard

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Need for Speed Rivals with my free Origin Access. Pretty fun racer that reminded me of the old-school Most Wanted/Underground games. Not the biggest world though and the car variety is trash, also cops are annoying. Before it I tried Most Wanted (2012) but I hated the concept of missions being split up between every car and you had to drive around and find the them too so I dropped the game quickly.

Next up Titanfall 2.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I broke my promise that i will wait until December to play AC Syndicate XD Now i am aiming to finish it before December.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
One friend is looking for the following monitor:
Resolution: 4k
Refresh rate: 60Hz+
Size: 27 inches+
Response time: 1ms

Anyone has any idea what monitors to look after? I guess plus if it has Gsync / Opensync.

unknown.png
I repeat for new page, guy has a 2070 Super:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I repeat for new page, guy has a 2070 Super:

Honestly i would rather recommend him to go with 1440p/144Hz monitor with GSync or FreeSync. And based on reviews this is one of the better ones

All in all you can look here for 4K ones

www.rtings.com

The 4 Best 4k Gaming Monitors - Spring 2024: Reviews

The best 4k gaming monitor we've tested is the Dell Alienware AW3225QF. It's a class-leading display and the first 4k @ 240Hz QD-OLED available in North America.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i would rather recommend him to go with 1440p/144Hz monitor with GSync or FreeSync. And based on reviews this is one of the better ones

All in all you can look here for 4K ones

www.rtings.com

The 4 Best 4k Gaming Monitors - Spring 2024: Reviews

The best 4k gaming monitor we've tested is the Dell Alienware AW3225QF. It's a class-leading display and the first 4k @ 240Hz QD-OLED available in North America.
Thanks!

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have that LG one and its really good if all you care about is 4k while keeping low input lag.

For high refresh rate and gaming then 1440 might be the way to go instead.

Stupid things gamers do: I have Mutant Year Zero on Steam and could even play it on Origin Access if I so desired, but I keep trying to get it to launch on Game Pass PC because I started it on console and already have some achievements unlocked. Been at it for several days so I'm just playing other games 😶
Oh lawd, all the things I have done to get a mediocre game to run hunt me in my sleep. All this wasted lifetime!
But at a certain point it's not about the game anymore. It's about the principle! YOU CANNNOT ADMIT DEFEAT!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
i don't even wanna do the math on how long that would take

Idle programs will do a bunch (or all?) of them concurrently, so it won't be that long really. The bigger headache will be putting all 16k of them on the market. Afaik there's no automatic process to do that. Then again, it's gonna be like at least 200-300 euros so worth it probably?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
The card drop exploit still works.
Idle programs will do a bunch (or all?) of them concurrently, so it won't be that long really. The bigger headache will be putting all 16k of them on the market. Afaik there's no automatic process to do that. Then again, it's gonna be like at least 500 euros worth of cards so worth it probably?
I must be super behind. I thought the exploit was it just dropped randomly when opening or closing so you didn't have to wait the half hour or whatever. But you still needed to have the first 2 hour done.

And even if one card dropped a minute you're still looking at like a week and a half of solid idling.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I must be super behind. I thought the exploit was it just dropped randomly when opening or closing so you didn't have to wait the half hour or whatever. But you still needed to have the first 2 hour done.

And even if one card dropped a minute you're still looking at like a week and a half of solid idling.

You can kinda game it with idle programs too by closing them out and starting again, but it will still take a while yeah.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idle programs will do a bunch (or all?) of them concurrently, so it won't be that long really. The bigger headache will be putting all 16k of them on the market. Afaik there's no automatic process to do that. Then again, it's gonna be like at least 200-300 euros so worth it probably?
If the cards are so old, they might be worthless or sit in his inventory forever at minimum price. Maybe turning the cheapest ones into jewels and crafting a bag of jewel would be better value? Still a few buttons to click sixteen thousands time in a row.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
You can kinda game it with idle programs too by closing them out and starting again, but it will still take a while yeah.

Idlemaster Extended is using that exploit in the code. It changes the games every second, so you could get 40 cards in like 2 minutes. The thing is, from what I can see is that it doesnt work with the last remainining card at least in my experience.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
A lot of games recently seen to have worse frame times using RTSS. Modern Warfare and NFS Heat being 2 examples.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Wonder what the next ff game will be that will come out on Steam

Crystal Chronicles remastered?

Hoping for Tactics War of the Lions or 1/2

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
They've done FF10 and 12, Minstrel Song should not be far behind as long as the Saga gacha keeps making money and Scarlet Grace doesn't bomb horribly for the third time.
What else are they going to port, World of Mana?
Please don't port WoM.

I'd prefer Collection of Mana to be honest.

But considering the fact that Valkyrie Profile is on iOS/android - wish they would port VP (lenneth - PSP) on it.

There's also the Star Ocean games, its criminal that SO4 is the only one on PC.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Any notable games that are actually games affected by this?

I have no information beyond the comments in the post. People are saying the game "Electric Highways" has been removed. I'd never heard of it but people say it's a real game and perfectly fine. It's store page is indeed gone.

Edit: If Valve are going to go down this path, I sure hope they have a very easy to deal with appeal process.

Edit2: Watching the gameplay, I can see how if you are doing a very rapid assessment of whether a game is "good", this one could get thrown out. This speaks to the possible issues with curating based on looks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.