Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
When does Humble bill for the month? I assume it's 10am Pacific tomorrow, or is it earlier like perhaps midnight my time zone?

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Big Picture on Steam isn't recognizing my gamepad. I need to go into big picture, find a setting in the specific game, tell Steam not to use the controller and then the game will detect.
if I have to do this for every game, it will kind of suck.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Another day, another win.

1172470_20201126204432_1.png

1172470_20201126204448_1.png

Lifeline's a healer, but...
What guns do you use?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder!

Paused. Good games, but I already own Yakuza, Youropa and Darksiders .

Hopefully December will be more exciting.
Well this would be the second december of humble choice, so it's a 1 year anniversary. Sadly don't have the classic plan, but as always, looking forward to seeing what it brings.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm actually pretty happy with Humble this month. I started playing Darksiders 3 and I really enjoy it. Although it's funny how the starting area in Darksiders 3 looks very similar to the starting area in Remnant. And the Yakuza series is on the list for Christmas break. We'll be staying home for Christmas so I am looking forward to playing some long ass games.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for the reminder!

Paused. Good games, but I already own Yakuza, Youropa and Darksiders .

Hopefully December will be more exciting.
I'm mostly interested in Darksiders 3, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Youropa and Darkwood, and the first of those two are on Game Pass. I still have plenty of GP time left and I'm thinking of adding 6 months or so courtesy of the Target "3 months for $19.99" deal.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
German-specific question:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15435/Wolfenstein_Alt_History_Collection/

I already own the german editions of Wolfenstein 1&2 and Old Blood. If I buy this bundle do I get the International versions of these games + Youngblood as German and International version? When I add it to card it says the bundle contains 4 items and I won't get additional copies of those three games. When I click on a game in this bundle it show me it contains both the german and international versions.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is Anno 1800? Is €20 a good price for the standard edition?

Is the DOOM Eternal dlc somewhere on Sale ?

Anno is one of the best builder / economy sims in years.

The DLC kinda bloats it tbh, I'm not sure I'd worry about getting more than the standard edition until you know you like it.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Anno is one of the best builder / economy sims in years.

The DLC kinda bloats it tbh, I'm not sure I'd worry about getting more than the standard edition until you know you like it.
€ 20 is really tempting. I like builder or economy sims they are relaxing. Would the standard version be enough ?

I have the standard edition of DOOM Eternal on the Bethestha launcher. I have read the DLC is pretty tough.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, I've mostly just bought digital games off Steam and Humble.
But looking at some of the deals going on, what are all the good, safe digital game stores out there?
Like CDKeys has Fallout 4 GOTY for $8, but I vaguely recall people arguing about it before.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
But looking at some of the deals going on, what are all the good, safe digital game stores out there?
Like CDKeys has Fallout 4 GOTY for $8, but I vaguely recall people arguing about it before.
Rule of thumb is: every site listed on isthereanydeal.com and gg.deals is a legi authorized key seller that gets their keys straight from the publishers/devs.

Anything other than that are various degrees of grayness.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CDkeys you are likely fine with, they are the gold standard of grey market sites.

Any others though and you're asking for trouble or to be laughed at if you get scammed.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
CDKeys is a bit of a gray zone, as they do not deal directly with the publishers but buy physical keys in bulk. However, they are legit and do not trade with stolen stuff like Kinguin does.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
What guns do you use?

I usually aim for the Hemlok or R-301, good solid rifles that do solid damage. A Mastiff or Evo-8 Shotgun after that is always nice. I'm not the best with sniper rifles but I've had success with the Triple Take and the Charge Rifle, though the later is a bit of a crutch really.

data

Oct 25, 2017
CDKeys is a bit of a gray zone, as they do not deal directly with the publishers but buy physical keys in bulk. However, they are legit and do not trade with stolen stuff like Kinguin does.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Rebellion revokes "unlicensed or stolen Sniper Elite 3 Steam keys"

Update: Rebellion lists approved retailers

they have sold stolen keys before because they do not work directly with publishers (again unless that's changed in the last year or so, but when looking at their site it doesn't seem it. I don't see a partner page like most normal reputable key seller sites. I'm kind of surprised so many people are ignorant to all this. I thought we settled this 5 or 6 years ago on the old site, it was banned there for a reason)

im not saying what they do generally is illegal (although I think most people would agree taking advantage of regional pricing is kind of shitty) but they have absolutely sold stolen keys before whether they knew it or not (which is kind of the main problem when you don't work directly with the publisher isn't it)

yes cdkeys gave refunds (https://www.pcgamesn.com/sniper-elite-3/rebellion-shoot-down-batch-stolen-sniper-elite-3-keys?amp) but they were still caught selling stolen keys which was my point

I was made aware of this and have not purchased from cdkeys since. They might be "more legit" now, but one incident is enough for me to pay a little more to guarentee a good key.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Euro Truck Iberia is coming next month? nice
Hope it has some of the shit as hard northern Spain mountain passes.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I usually aim for the Hemlok or R-301, good solid rifles that do solid damage. A Mastiff or Evo-8 Shotgun after that is always nice. I'm not the best with sniper rifles but I've had success with the Triple Take and the Charge Rifle, though the later is a bit of a crutch really.
I can't bring myself to love Charge Rifle due to the initial shot, which gives away my position. R99 + Longbow are still my favorite. I choose the former because I'm often flanked and sandwiched when sniping people lol

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
German-specific question:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15435/Wolfenstein_Alt_History_Collection/EE

I already own the german editions of Wolfenstein 1&2 and Old Blood. If I buy this bundle do I get the International versions of these games + Youngblood as German and International version? When I add it to card it says the bundle contains 4 items and I won't get additional copies of those three games. When I click on a game in this bundle it show me it contains both the german and international versions.

Yeah you'll get the international version. I got the bundle and I there are two versions in my library (german + international).

Oct 28, 2019
What a crazy good month in store, I'll be picking up:

- Cyberpunk 2077
- Empire of Sin
- Per Aspera (Factorio x Mars Horizon)
- Suzerain (Yes, Your Grace in 1950s Baltics I guess)

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
What a crazy good month in store, I'll be picking up:

- Cyberpunk 2077
- Empire of Sin
- Per Aspera (Factorio x Mars Horizon)
- Suzerain (Yes, Your Grace in 1950s Baltics I guess)

It's crazy, I was thinking it'd be a quieter month because of Cyberpunk clearing everything out, but nope it's packed again like every month is. So many quality titles, nowhere near enough time.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Had forgotten about Radio the Universe. Still looks good graphically, might pick up if it is a shorter RPG.

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone use Playnite?

Installed it today, so I can get the full on console experience with controller, and its a great app/library/launcher.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
If we're talking about December games, I believe Everspace 2 has an early access release. I loved Everspace 1 and while I didn't back the Kickstarter I seen some positive vibes about how it's all going.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone use Playnite?

Installed it today, so I can get the full on console experience with controller, and its a great app/library/launcher.

Yea its great - consolidate all your libraries, with none of the GoG launcher nonsense of things breaking. i highly recommend installing a few additional metadata extensions (like Steam GridDB) to make updating your cover art an easy experience.

1ykDsCU.png

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I bought an Xbox Series S and it feels so nice buying a console again. It's small, fast, the controller is great, and it outperforms my ancient PC. Really enjoying the little box!

...yet I can't shake off the feeling that I'll have no use for it once I upgrade my PC :x How do you guys justify owning consoles? I guess it'll be worth keeping around for the original Xbox/Xbox 360 games not available on PC.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I bought an Xbox Series S and it feels so nice buying a console again. It's small, fast, the controller is great, and it outperforms my ancient PC. Really enjoying the little box!

...yet I can't shake off the feeling that I'll have no use for it once I upgrade my PC :x How do you guys justify owning consoles? I guess it'll be worth keeping around for the original Xbox/Xbox 360 games not available on PC.
Sony exclusives on ps3/4/5 and everything else on pc. But I also grew up as a pc person, only later in my 20s I started to own consoles

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Yeah, there's only really a handful of Playstation exclusives that tempt me, though it's nice to have a blu-ray player in the house too. That said, if I wasn't able to get a great deal on a PS4 Pro I doubt I'd have bothered.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

I have all PS (no PS5 yet tho) consoles and a Switch...reasons? Nintendo, Sony 1P, Atlus games and thats it. The switch is probably my fav console since the og PS.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I only really care about form factor with consoles and specifically whether it's a handheld. The small handful of exclusives are generally uninteresting to me. The one series that could tip the scales for me is Zelda. Luckily the Wii U didn't have a single "new" Zelda game, and the Switch ticked the form factor box.

The Series S really is an interesting value proposition though. If it had a disc drive so I could grab some backwards compatible games on the cheap, that would be very compelling.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Sony exclusives on ps3/4/5 and everything else on pc. But I also grew up as a pc person, only later in my 20s I started to own consoles
Yeah, there's only really a handful of Playstation exclusives that tempt me, though it's nice to have a blu-ray player in the house too. That said, if I wasn't able to get a great deal on a PS4 Pro I doubt I'd have bothered.
So that's the thing, I owned a PS1, PS2 and PS3, but I actually was never a fan of Sony exclusives. I can't think of a single PS4 game I wanted to play, honestly.

Nintendo/Sony/Atlus/Vanillaware games and the occasional other "weird" exclusives. Switch also because of portability.
Last gen I went PC+3DS (and then PC+Switch) and that really worked for me.

I guess my logic was a bit flawed - I bought an Xbox in part because of "play anywhere", but it doesn't seem to be that common, actually. So most games I buy on my Xbox won't be playable on my future PC. Oh well, it's still a pretty great little console, it outperforms my current PC, I get to play classic Xbox/360 games, and even if I get rid of it I'll keep my second controller, so it's not all bad :P

Status
Not open for further replies.