Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
PC parts are way too expensive. Once my current R5 1600/GTX 1070 is obsolete (should be a couple of years at 1080p60), I won't be able to fork out a couple of thousands on a new build. $300 for another couple of 1080p60 years? Sure.
So I'm a weird PC guy because I don't build my PCs and I'm very, very tolerant to low graphics settings. It's almost 2021 and my main gaming device is my 2014 Alienware Alpha :P I honestly could have skipped the Series S and just buy a new PC next year - and forget about buying anything for maybe another 6, 7 years?

I need to say the Alpha is maybe my favorite gaming hardware ever. I still don't know why we don't have more of these minuscule yet beefy pre-built PCs.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Want to point out a game we should be looking out for next month? Share your words and deeds, send me a recommendation for it, and it'll go in next month's OP.

njA3T5u.png

Notable games out (or possibly out) next month include:
gK65o0a.png

Nothing suggested yet!

JIfmoDo.png

Nothing suggested yet!
I'll write something for Morbid. I am very much Day 1 for that one.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Hmm I wasn't planning on grabbing anymore games in this sale but went in on NFS Most Wanted and Dragon Age Origins, too good to pass up

Black Friday Sale on GOG now, too. Have to check my wishlisth properly when I get home.

Fake Edit: Holy shit! Lake Ridden is 84% off. That must be the highest discount so far. Gonna buy for sure! And here I was sad I missed the last time it was discounted at 75%. lol

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I wish this EA Play subs is on sale too coz I don't think it make sense to play Sims 4 these days without it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tetris Effect has made me realize I am real fucking bad at Tetris

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a new pc, feeling weird and guilty because I've never spent so much on gaming xD

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Yea its great - consolidate all your libraries, with none of the GoG launcher nonsense of things breaking. i highly recommend installing a few additional metadata extensions (like Steam GridDB) to make updating your cover art an easy experience.

1ykDsCU.png

I want to thank this post because this is amazing and I had no idea that it existed.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wasn't Gamepass supposed to increase? I'm still paying 3,99€ each month. Or does it stay like this until I cancel and when I resub it's the higher price?

I'd like to do Sam & Max. :3

And what's your stance on DLC? 🤔
I know Crapcom is screwing us over big time with DMC5SE, but at least we get Vergil Mode. And let's be real – he's the main attraction of the SE anyway. Dude sells editions on his own!
Let me just fetch my short list of bulletpoints on why Vergil is best boi.

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'd like to do Sam & Max. :3

And what's your stance on DLC? 🤔
I know Crapcom is screwing us over big time with DMC5SE, but at least we get Vergil Mode. And let's be real – he's the main attraction of the SE anyway. Dude sells editions on his own!
Let me just fetch my short list of bulletpoints on why Vergil is best boi.

tenor.gif

I've always been fine with including DLC. Vergil Mode is a free update right? I've not normally included those but I've no problem including it if it's a substantial update, which it sure sounds like it.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
SwhrU3H.jpeg

I have tried alot of mice over the last two years, and always came up disappointed. Here at least in the UK hardly no shops stock a collection of mice to try out before purchasing.

I got my first Roccat mouse today and so far super impressed. It's actually one of their cheapest mice, but the build quality is super solid. I got the 100 and the 120 is supposed to have a much nicer finish and coating but man this 100 feels so nice in the hand. It's got this cool bluey grey colour opposed to the standard black which looks nice too.

It's a tiny bit tall on the left side from what I am used to (Steelseries Rival 100) and looking at Gearsearch the G403 might be ideal for me as it's a little lower. But I hear alot of issues with Logitech mice so I will hold off for a revised G403 in the future.

sKUMkgT.jpg

For £25 I think it's a steal for me.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
5d Chess got added to the BF sale. Only the usual 20% though. When it wasn't in the sale a couple of days ago I wondered if the dev was riding that Queen's Gambit hype and saw no need for a price cut.

store.steampowered.com

5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel on Steam

It's the first ever chess variant with spatial, temporal, and parallel dimensions. It's 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel! Move pieces back in time to create branching timelines. Send a rook to a parallel dimension. Protect your kings in the present and in the past!

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully this is the right place to ask, but I've got a buddy who recently got a new build and he's trying to sell his old one, but he's not really sure what to ask for it, and I don't follow the used PC market so I don't have any idea. Just looking to get a ballpark for him:

i7 7700K @ 4.2ghz
GTX 980 Ti Reference
16GB DDR4 2133
120GB WD Green SSD
1TB 7200rpm HD

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
SwhrU3H.jpeg

I have tried alot of mice over the last two years, and always came up disappointed. Here at least in the UK hardly no shops stock a collection of mice to try out before purchasing.

I got my first Roccat mouse today and so far super impressed. It's actually one of their cheapest mice, but the build quality is super solid. I got the 100 and the 120 is supposed to have a much nicer finish and coating but man this 100 feels so nice in the hand. It's got this cool bluey grey colour opposed to the standard black which looks nice too.

It's a tiny bit tall on the left side from what I am used to (Steelseries Rival 100) and looking at Gearsearch the G403 might be ideal for me as it's a little lower. But I hear alot of issues with Logitech mice so I will hold off for a revised G403 in the future.

sKUMkgT.jpg

For £25 I think it's a steal for me.
I will probably never stop stanning for the Microsoft 5-button comfort mouse. As long as you don't mind wired, it's pretty great, despite being basic.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any news or such on if Windows will ever have support for that new share button on the Series X controllers? Seems weird it'd be omitted.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Forgot about Ubi games not being on Steam and Godfall I guess being EGS. Oh well, looks like I am not missing much with godfall and likely Rise ofFenix or whatever that stupid name is.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't sound so good for their longterm plans. How long until they just call it a loss?

Fappenmeister

Dec 2, 2017
I've been waiting on my 3080 since the day after launch, still no progression in queue.

Seeing as all I really want the 3080 for is to play CP2077 with all the bells and whistles, are there any other games coming out next year that look like they'd probably benefit from a 3080? I have a 2080 and a 1440p monitor, and am considering just cancelling it and buying an extra monitor for a dual screen setup and some furniture to get some clutter off the desk. I realise this is a very stupid dilemma to have seeing as the world is in the grips of a pandemic, and that I have a decent setup already, but I think this year has broken something in my brain.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Hey could any of you give me a hand?

This thing is on sale and it ends today I wanna know what you think.

Looking for pre built PC.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FBK2DK5/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_VACHFbQF3WC55?th=1
Might have more luck here?

www.resetera.com

The PC Builders Thread ("I Need a New PC") v3 PC - Tech - OT

You're fine; it's listed on the compatibility list here. Part number CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 https://pangoly.com/en/review/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-ac/compatibility/ram

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Alright, two codes obtained from Target for Game Pass. $19.99 for 3 months, apparently 4 months if you turn off auto-renewal. That's a cheap top-up.

www.target.com

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Digital)

Read reviews and buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Digital) at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Hopefully this is the right place to ask, but I've got a buddy who recently got a new build and he's trying to sell his old one, but he's not really sure what to ask for it, and I don't follow the used PC market so I don't have any idea. Just looking to get a ballpark for him:

i7 7700K @ 4.2ghz
GTX 980 Ti Reference
16GB DDR4 2133
120GB WD Green SSD
1TB 7200rpm HD
People in this thread maybe can help you.

www.resetera.com

Welcome to the PC Builders Thread, where we talk about computer hardware! Whether you're upgrading your existing computer, want to build a new one, have a question, or just like talking about computers in general - we've got you covered! Now with even more ARGB! CPUs: BUY (5/2023) Best: Ryzen...

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
People in this thread maybe can help you.

www.resetera.com

Welcome to the PC Builders Thread, where we talk about computer hardware! Whether you're upgrading your existing computer, want to build a new one, have a question, or just like talking about computers in general - we've got you covered! Now with even more ARGB! CPUs: BUY (5/2023) Best: Ryzen...

Thanks, posted in there as well

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am watching His Dark Materials and wondering why this is not game already. IT has animal companions, steampunk, armored bears, witches, mystery... Game is practically making itself XD

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a way to check if i really uninstalled a windows store game from my pc?

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Lol XD I thought that Golden Compass is something different. But can we get modern version that is not just simple movie tie-in? We reached that level that licensed games are now free from those stupid requirements and they can be on they own.
I thought golden compass was the same source material as that new show?
But implemented in a different way.
But maybe I'm wrong, was just posting about that game more as a joke game itself is pretty bad offc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.