Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Uo2dLAD.png

98tT02E.png

Crusader Kings III
- Uzzy - Out 1st September

Crusader Kings III, from Paradox Development Studio, is the sequel to the classic freeform grand strategy/role playing game, which sees you take charge of any one of thousands of nobles and kings in the middle ages, and deciding how they live and thrive on their path to glory or damnation. Pursue dreams of martial glory, or pious contemplation of the gods. Seduce, bribe and blackmail your way around your lieges court, or focus on your family and find true love. Groom an heir and ensure that your family's name lives on in history, or see your dynasty trampled into the dirt, a forgotten footnote. The choice is yours. Check out the OT here!

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - The Furious Wild
- karnage10 - Out 3rd September

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - The Furious Wild brings the beautiful jungle of China to life with the Nanman tribes. Lead the mighty warriors Meng Huo, King Mulu, Lady Zhurong and King Shamoke to unify the Nanman tribes under 1 banner. This expansion packs adds around 25 new units of which there are gorgeous elephants, savage tigers and scintillating fire maces. Each warrior has their own unique units and mechanics.
Alongside the above paid content this expansion adds for free new territories for southwest China, adds gate battles, adds Shi Xie as a new playable char, adds the chance to fight the Nanman tribes and adds new legendary characters old factions such as Wei Yan.

Despite such a mount of content the core question remains:

Will you trample your enemies under your elephants feet? Or will you hunt their tusks?

This is TOTAL WAR!

Untitled Goose Game
- Oinone - Out 23rd September

HONK!
EGS exclusivity has ended, the goose is on the loose. I repeat: the goose is on the loose! And the white feathered little devil is back with reinforcements.
Alongside with its release on Steam & Co., Untitled Goose Game, the meme game of 2019, features a new couch co-op modus. Now you can terrorize the peaceful town together with a friend.
And even cosplay as Solid Snake: drag each other around in a cardboard box! Distract civilians, sneak up on them and steal their stuff. What they're gonna do? Arrest a goose?! L-O-L
Honk if you like geese!

The Walking Dead Onslaught
- Paganmoon - Out 29th September

The veteran VR studio Survios (Raw Data, Sprint Vector, Electronauts, Creed: Rise to Glory, Battlewake and the massively underrated WestWorld: Awakening) are finally releasing their 7th game, The Walking Dead: Onslaught, a hack 'n slash, shooter, RPG-lite, VR Exclusive game.
Contrasting 'The Walking Dead: Saint and Sinners' released during spring, TWD: Onslaught is based on the AMC TV Series. Set after the war with the Saviors, you'll be stepping into the shoes of several different characters from the TV-show (Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carol), as you go out into the zombie hordes to upgrade your character stats, improve your weapons, and gather materials to build up your home base of Alexandria.
The Co-op mode that was announced with the game has since unfortunately been nixed, so this will be a solely single player game as of release, which is set for 29th of September.

Marvel's Avengers
- Uzzy - Out 4th September

From Crystal Dynamics comes a 3rd Person Action Adventure Brawler/GAAS game, featuring Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Hawkeye. With the world in peril, it falls to Kamala Khan, AKA Ms. Marvel, to find and restore the Avengers and save the world from the villainous forces of AIM.

It's gonna be one of the biggest games of the year regardless, and check out this awesome OT from iFirez.

Baldur's Gate 3
- Uzzy - Out in Early Access 30th September

From Larian Studios, developers of the multi-award winning Divinity: Original Sin series, comes the return of a legendary RPG, Baldur's Gate, in this turn based role playing game based on the 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons ruleset. Gather your party and venture forth!

BPM: BULLETS PER MINUTE
- Uzzy - Out this month

Developed by Awe Interactive, BPM is a rhythm based roguelike first person shooter, where you must shoot, reload, jump and dodge in time with the beat. Miss a note and risk death, but a new start, and chance to feel the rhythm of the rock opera, is just around the corner.

Crysis Remastered
- Uzzy - Out 18th September

With its 2007 release, Crysis set the industry standard for first person shooters with stunning visuals, highly evolved gameplay, and an enormous sandbox world. Crysis Remastered adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, and the CRYENGINE's native hardware- and API-agnostic ray tracing solution to update the game for a new generation of hardware.

Iron Harvest
- Uzzy - Out 1st September

From developers King Art comes a real time strategy game set in a slightly alternate 1920s Europe, where the powers of Eastern Europe wage war with dieselpunk mechs, across a single player campaign and various multiplayer modes. Based on a world created by the Polish artist Jakub Różalski, whose work can also be found in the really quite excellent board game Scythe.

Mafia: Definitive Edition
- Uzzy - Out 25th September

Remastered by developers Hanger 13, the first part of the Mafia trilogy (as they're calling it now) is a 3rd person action/adventure open world game. You play as cab driver Tommy Angelo, inadvertently thrust into the world of organised crime, he soon finds the rewards too great to easily ignore. Taking place in the 1930s, the prohibition era, you must rise through the ranks of the Salieri family, the paydays increasing while the jobs get dirtier.

Necromunda: Underhive Wars
- Uzzy - Out 7th September

The classic Games Workshop tabletop game comes to digital life in this turn based strategy game. Taking charge of one of three gangs deep in the bowels of the Imperium's most infamous hive world, Necromunda, you must fight your rival gangs to survive and hopefully unearth some lost technology, or at least something shiny the noble elites upstairs will pay for.

Paradise Killer

From the two man band at Kaizen Game Works, Paradise Killer is a first person, open world, murder mystery game in the vein of Danganronpa, only far more surreal in it's visuals and atmosphere. As the investigation freak Lady Love Dies, you are recalled from three million days in exile to return to Paradise and uncover the mystery behind the murder of the entire council tasked with it's rebirth. It's the crime of the millenia, and anyone's a suspect. Gather evidence, interrogate a cast of wonderfully bizarre citizens of paradise, and prove your case in court to find one of them guilty.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York
- Uzzy - Out 10th September

Shadows of New York is a visual novel set in the World of Darkness, made by the team behind Coteries of New York, Draw Distance. Where Coteries was intended as an introduction to the setting, with fresh faced characters brand new to the setting, this time you take the role of a Lasombra (boo, hiss) tasked with investigating the demise of New York's Anarch Leader. It's obviously a trap, one probably set by greater forces playing on a stage far greater than yours, but you'll get caught in the crossfire regardless... but underestimating the Lasombra is something the Camarilla always do. Time to set them right, or die (again) trying.

Serious Sam 4
- Uzzy - Out 24th September

The universally beloved Serious Sam franchise returns with more morningbus approved action, one liners and graphics. What's not to love.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

Feel like a Superman once again in this remastered version of the classic Tony Hawk skateboarding games.

Spelunky 2
- Uzzy - Out September maybe?

Spelunky 2 builds upon the unique, randomized challenges that made the original a roguelike classic, offering a huge adventure designed to satisfy players old and new. Meet the next generation of explorers as they find themselves on the Moon, searching for treasure and missing family.

Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road

An entirely text-based, interactive horror novel from Kyle Marquis, Night Road sees you in the role of an elite vampire courier, tasked by elders to take secrets between Camarilla held cities, outrunning the hunters of the Second Inquisition, the predations of other kindred, and of course the sun. But when an old friend reappears with a plan to disrupt the blood trade across the American Southwest, everything you've built starts crashing down.

Tennis World Tour 2

Play as the world's top players, master each surface, perfect your game and strive to dominate the world circuit. Choose from multiple game modes, with singles and doubles games, local and online.

gK65o0a.png

Alan Wake
- Uzzy

Remedy's classic tale of a writer dealing with the mystery surrounding Bright Falls, a mystery he may not be in Control of, is really worth paying a visit right now, for the first time or not. And along the way, prove you have Control by grabbing a damn good cup of coffee or two. Or 25.

Players with the Damn Good Cup of Coffee achievement:

Crusader Kings III
- Uzzy

'Cause, baby, now we've got bad blood, hey!
Now we've got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we've got bad blood, hey!

Go stick something pointy into one of your siblings and get the Bad Blood achievement!
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales. There's a dedicated thread for that!
  • NO ANIME/J-ROCK/POP. :( But yes to Taylor Swift.
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to everytime someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

Xv7uIjB.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great thread as always!

September is looking packed already!

Hopefully there' s a mod patch to put spider-man into the game lol.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Finishing all the achievements on Death Stranding and bought Control a couple of days ago. Along with Starcraft2 multiplayer that's mostly gonna be it for me this month.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread, Uzzy, as always, and a game-packed month ahead - some terrific stuff coming... but CKIII alone would've been enough, really, let's be honest.

I did a thing, too - seven years ago now, wowsers:

fIZSvHf.png

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Figure after stalking this thread I should actually participate. Want to give CK3 a whirl, but my backlog + Wasteland 3, Tell Me Why, & Tony Hawk is telling me no.

Got the achievement back in 2013, never finished Alan Wake though.
VJqvgiF.png

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Great thread as usual. Control still taking up my time, so I probably won't be able to get to CK for quite a while. I do value having some free time. When I stop valuing that free time, CK will be there.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Struggling to get into Wasteland 3 bc of the general jank and I have a hard time with games with tactical turn based combat where half the challenge is properly positioning your characters in real time to trigger combat at the right time.

Really want to pick up Control on the cheap though. Maybe BG3?

Though I'll probably just end up playing Siege a ton this month.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Re: Discord. Any new joiners please drop me a PM here on ERA with your Discord username and number. Just need to verify that you're you. :)

I may have to do that tomorrow morning though because it's way past my bedtime hah.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
I've never played Alan Wake on PC (I liked it on Xbox though), despite me having it through the crazy bundle they did back in the day.

I might correct that this month, I also pre-ordered Crusader Kings 3 I hope the tutorials are noob friendly enough.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pick up the Baldur's Gate 3 beta but I'll spend most of this month playing Wasteland 3 and Control.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
i got maybe halfway through alan wake years ago and never finished it-- was getting too repetitive for me

but i ought to give it another shot before I get around to control

Nov 5, 2017
Perfect time to make this thread, as the new Ampere Nvidia cards are about to be announced, and AMD is about to release RDNA 2 "Big Navi" cards.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I've spent more hours in the Iron Harvest demo than most full priced games I bought this year. I guess I'm in for a great time.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
i got maybe halfway through alan wake years ago and never finished it-- was getting too repetitive for me

but i ought to give it another shot before I get around to control
It's incredibly repetitive but I still enjoyed it more overall than Control. The new Control DLC has me feeling some type of way.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
The jokes on Croteam: if they didn't take half a decade to release Serious Sam 4 people might have actually cared if I streamed it.

Now no one gives a shit about me. I mean Croteam. No one cares about me anymore. I mean you. God damn it.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
So excited for CK3 tomorrow. The impressions and reviews are awesome. If this isn't great at launch Paradox will never make a game that is.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm mostly planning on working on my backlog this month, though I'll end up buying Serious Sam 4, Spelunky 2, and Baldur's Gate 3 at some point. I'll be starting a co-op playthrough of Divinity Original Sin with my wife as well. I'm also hoping to figure out a new VR setup, since my wife needed to set up a home office where we were doing our VR gaming.

Didn't seem like it was this long ago I played this game. That would have been a few months after I built this PC.
e7sa7bz.png

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the thread as always. Looking forward to Mafia and Paradise Killer this month.
---

Just realised dontnod's Tell Me Why is locked from my region (Singapore).

Both the steam store and xbox store don't have the game listed. That's a bummer. I suppose there's no legitimate way to work around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.