Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought PC games earlier today, my PC died, and now I can't decide which one to rebuy on PS4 for a good story. Nier Automata GOTY, FFXII or Mafia: DE. Or just Ace7 or Tekken 7.
Is replacing your psu too expensive atm? Best story out of those is Nier, Mafia and ff12 is a tossup as to what you prefer.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Is replacing your psu too expensive atm? Best story out of those is Nier, Mafia and ff12 is a tossup as to what you prefer.
Yes. I've found a replacement for $170 but I've spent too much this month already so I gotta wait it out another week. Thankfully I'm borrowing a PS4 at the moment and could rebuy one of the games on there.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Dragon Age: Inquisition update. I've gotten one main quest to the point where I have to march my army across Orlais, so it seems an appropriate time to complete the other main quest and resolve that whole Orlesian Civil War situation.

Which of course means attending a grand ball. Neat.

HpWWc6C.png

Gotta say, this is delightfully different for a quest, going around a ball, sniffing out secrets, getting the approval of the court while searching for an assassin...

6107cc60ced9209945619caad200f1f4.jpg

Brought along the highly diplomatic squad of Cassandra, Vivienne and Varric. Also Cullen, Leliana and Josephine tagged along, which led to this funny conversation with Josephine's sister. Packed my bags and everything.

1Sr4Q0b.png

Weird that the game forced an Orlesian Mask into my inventory at the start, but won't let me equip it. Don't know if it's a bug or deliberate design choice.
That was my favourite mission/part of the game

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Anyone have any impressions on that Panzer Dragoon Remake that just released on Steam? I've never played any of the PD games before.

I'm waiting for a deeper discount and another patch or two. 1.4 patch is apparently pretty good and opening level colours are now more similar to original but some people have reported screen tearing even with VSync forced via Nvidia settings. Then again I can count the number of games I've paid more than £10 for in the past five years on as many fingers with a few to spare.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Anyone have any impressions on that Panzer Dragoon Remake that just released on Steam? I've never played any of the PD games before.

I played it on Stadia and the game itself is pretty good, much easier than the original, you don't need to play the game on several difficulty settings just to play the final level like in the Saturn version...but beware, the game is VERY easy on the standard difficulty and you'll probably beat it in a single sitting in less than two hours. I played it during the Stadia trial and enjoyed my time with it, but I'd wait for a 50% off.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
It's almost October so that means I'm gonna replay Before The Storm and Life Is Strange season 1 during the days the events take place. Well at least Life is Strange 1 that is. I'm gonna do Before The Storm first this time so it will be a chronological run. But I guess that means I should play Farewell first right. Which will be weird. But I'm looking forward to playing it in order. Starting October 3rd.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I played it on Stadia and the game itself is pretty good, much easier than the original, you don't need to play the game on several difficulty settings just to play the final level like in the Saturn version...but beware, the game is VERY easy on the standard difficulty and you'll probably beat it in a single sitting in less than two hours. I played it during the Stadia trial and enjoyed my time with it, but I'd wait for a 50% off.

Wow, it's that short?

I'll wait for a big sale.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's almost October so that means I'm gonna replay Before The Storm and Life Is Strange season 1 during the days the events take place. Well at least Life is Strange 1 that is. I'm gonna do Before The Storm first this time so it will be a chronological run. But I guess that means I should play Farewell first right. Which will be weird. But I'm looking forward to playing it in order. Starting October 3rd.

It's a good time to do it yep!

www.resetera.com

RttP: Life is Strange - This Action Will Have Consequences (Open Spoilers)

Thread banner by u/Forrester96, avatar by Ilya Kuvshinov Maybe I'm just a big softie at heart, but no game has struck me like Life is Strange. Others have come close for sure, but one of those is Before the Storm, so there's something this series is doing right. It even got me saying hella in...

I'm gonna replay Before the Storm like this next year, when the days and dates match up exactly. Should be fun, there's a lot of stuff in that game going on.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
speaking of Before the Storm, i'm wondering when Deck Nine's next game will be announced. it's been over 2 and a half years since the last episode of BtS was released. maybe the game awards?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

I finished Kine on EGS. It was an enjoyable puzzler, great presentation.

I was in the mood for a platformer, so I started the EGS freebie Celeste and it is amazing. I love the art style too.

I'm probably going to buy MG Rising in the current Steam sale, I have it on 360 unplayed but I doubt I'll turn on the 360 for it.

I also need to decide between Nier on PC and PS4. Same price, seems the PC version has potential for some issues, and no ultrawide support. I'm leaning towards PC regardless.

ss_1ad297c2044cdcf450ee83e56350cafb590da755.1920x1080.jpg

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
speaking of Before the Storm, i'm wondering when Deck Nine's next game will be announced. it's been over 2 and a half years since the last episode of BtS was released. maybe the game awards?

Hope so. They're working on a Square Enix published narrative adventure game, so....

After the Storm, do it. DO IT.

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, I gave in and bought Serious Sam 4 as I was really looking forward to it and I'm simply shocked after playing it in that I'm confused in what the reviewers were playing and/or expecting. Granted I've only played the first 3 levels but I haven't encountered any bugs (outside of Quicksave being broken) and I'm getting 100+ FPS (95% of the time) on a 17-10700K, 32 GB 3200Hz RAM, and a RTX 2080 FE with max settings at a 3440x1440 res.

It's the best Serious Sam has ever looked as well and nothing about the gameplay or story, etc gets in the way (so far) of what you've come to expect from the series. I even watched some of the reviews and witnessed the bugs but I'm guessing they weren't playing the updated final release. Otherwise I guess I could be lucky thus far but it certainly doesn't feel that way when playing it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I also need to decide between Nier on PC and PS4. Same price, seems the PC version has potential for some issues, and no ultrawide support. I'm leaning towards PC regardless.
PC has a fix that makes it better than PS, leave the AA off of since it's MSAA, the post processing option has AA in it.

Durante isn't here to say it so I will.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I still can't believe that PG/SE never actually patched Nier Automata. Only thing they did is release the DLC outfits...

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Portal 2 Co-Op with a friend who never finished it so we fixed that mistake XD It is still one of the best coop games out there and GLADOS is still amazing (as is writing). And i managed to play entire coop part with ReShade RTGI without any issues. It did improve visuals for like 90% of the time.

Off

atd9SVE.png

On

8Qddiw4.png

Off

TnrjU5h.png

On

kUj3G50.png

Off

5FqQSnU.png

On

pLhUMck.png

Off

BQmjxhv.png

On

U09V8Qf.png

Off

HPZAHbX.png

On

joRWePD.png

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Finally completed Enslaved after playing it on and off for months. It's a pretty good game, but I'm not sure I get the effusive praise it receives from some people. Coming from the fluid platforming of the Prince of Persia games (especially Forgotten Sands), the platforming in Enslaved almost feels on rails. The combat isn't bad, and I liked the boss fights. Main characters weren't bad but most of the attempts at humour fell flat for me, the editing/pacing of dialogue could have been tighter. If you see it for cheap (I got it for £1 from a Humble Bundle) it's not a bad way to pass the time.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Portal 2 Co-Op with a friend who never finished it so we fixed that mistake XD It is still one of the best coop games out there and GLADOS is still amazing (as is writing). And i managed to play entire coop part with ReShade RTGI without any issues. It did improve visuals for like 90% of the time.
Awesome!

over the course of 9 years, I've played it co-op with 3 different friends. Loved every play through, last co-op was actually earlier this year. such a great game and writing, both in co-op and single player. Peak Valve (Before Alyx).

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Bought this, since it was a topseller for one month when it was just available in Chinese, but it got an English patch a few days ago.

It is quite a strange game. Its some mix between RPG and a bit of Mount and Blade. You can recruit "full RPG members" and level them and then you can recruit farmers etc. who are like your Army. I actually had fun in the hour I played, but I am not really sure how I would describe this game. Quests are a bit like Baldurs Gate with just written text.
And it seems you can also attack any village and overtake it, build new buildings and have war with other tribes or befriend them.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the camera in Darksiders Genesis. The game is genuinely fun, though.

Off

atd9SVE.png

On

8Qddiw4.png

Off

TnrjU5h.png

On

kUj3G50.png

Off

5FqQSnU.png

On

pLhUMck.png

Off

BQmjxhv.png

On

U09V8Qf.png

Off

HPZAHbX.png

On

joRWePD.png
Some of these are night and day, and I usually don't even notice stuff like this.

1 gift from Elven_Star

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Elven_Star Elven_Star!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Elven_Star said:
Got this from Game Pass Ultimate. I don't play Gears 5 🙄
Includes: Collector's Winter Armor Marcus, the neon wave weapon skin set, 15 days of boost, and 2000 gears coins.
Redeem by 10/22/2020

These are our awesome prizes:

• PC/Xbox PC/Xbox: Gears 5 Perks Pack - Won by lucebuce lucebuce (1 entry)

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
FWIW, I gave in and bought Serious Sam 4 as I was really looking forward to it and I'm simply shocked after playing it in that I'm confused in what the reviewers were playing and/or expecting. Granted I've only played the first 3 levels but I haven't encountered any bugs (outside of Quicksave being broken) and I'm getting 100+ FPS (95% of the time) on a 17-10700K, 32 GB 3200Hz RAM, and a RTX 2080 FE with max settings at a 3440x1440 res.

It's the best Serious Sam has ever looked as well and nothing about the gameplay or story, etc gets in the way (so far) of what you've come to expect from the series. I even watched some of the reviews and witnessed the bugs but I'm guessing they weren't playing the updated final release. Otherwise I guess I could be lucky thus far but it certainly doesn't feel that way when playing it.

I don't get it either. I'm about a dozen levels in and think it just gets better as it goes on (Maybe one level was a bit too ambitious for what they could handle). The story is unobtrusive, the guns feel good, secrets are fun to find, the encounter design is varied... I have encountered some bugs though, like visual glitches, enemies rubberbanding around sometimes, bulls not being able to hit you in certain conditions, etc. But it's all generally fine.

However, reviews talking about the performance are hitting the nail on the head. In some of these later levels I get between 40 and 70 FPS on highest and between 50 and 80 on lowest. It appears the game is super CPU bottlenecked and really stresses one core, so my 1700 has trouble keeping up. I'll probably end up playing again once I get a Zen 3 processor.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I was this close to buying Bug Fables today. Then I realised I'm playing Spider-Man and BotW concurrently and wouldn't even get to Bug Fables by the end of the year most likely.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Wow, it's that short?
That should be no surprise. The original is from another era. It had no save mechanic and was meant to be beaten in one sitting, but it was very hard and you had a Game Over screen that meant you had to restart from the beginning when you ran out of Credits. A lot of games from that time period and before were like that.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just upgrade my PC from a Ryzen 1600 to a 3600. I'm glad AMD designed their system around a genuine upgrade path. Swapping out the CPU was easy, but I did lose the backplate and was wondering why my heatsink wasn't screwing in, lol.

The heatsink was really suctioned onto the CPU with that preapplied thermal paste, so I had to slide it off, find the back plate, prop it up awkwardly from behind and screw it down. Everything seems fine.

Oh, the other thing was needing to flash my BIOS three times with bridge versions to get to the latest.

I ran a bench in RDR2 and for the 1600 got low/avg/hi of 60/78/100.

The 3600? 68/78/103. Kinda underwhelming but that's a 14% bump on the minimums, and I went from seeing mostly 80s, to seeing mostly 90s in-game, so it seems better.

Plus I have a 1080ti, so hopefully my CPU bottleneck is gone now. Looking forward to trying some other games out.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished AA trilogy.

I didn't care for some of the cases in the second game but the third game had to be the best. The last case in that one was wild.

So damn good.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Damn I really need to try this out.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am really hard person to please when picking new games to play is in question XD I spent over an hour today on HLTB list of my Steam games picking what to play next and i am still not close to picking one. Either is too long or my GTX1060 won't provide optimal experience XD Add to that my mood that is not that good these days and you have receipt for disaster XD

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am really hard person to please when picking new games to play is in question XD I spent over an hour today on HLTB list of my Steam games picking what to play next and i am still not close to picking one. Either is too long or my GTX1060 won't provide optimal experience XD Add to that my mood that is not that good these days and you have receipt for disaster XD

Pick a list of "maybes" and use a randomizer. That's what I do when I have "backlog is too enormous" indecision.

I have a self imposed rule to stick with the game for at least an hour or if it can't manage to hold my attention for that long it gets removed from the list until it needs repopulating.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Pick a list of "maybes" and use a randomizer. That's what I do when I have "backlog is too enormous" indecision.

I have a self imposed rule to stick with the game for at least an hour or if it can't manage to hold my attention for that long it gets removed from the list until it needs repopulating.

Well my rule is if i start something, i need to finish it :D That is why i am bit picky. For example i got bored playing Unravel as i said here but i finished it because of that rule.

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019
Well my rule is if i start something, i need to finish it :D That is why i am bit picky. For example i got bored playing Unravel as i said here but i finished it because of that rule.

I tried that rule once but not wanting to play the game in question, then not being able to start anything else because of in place rule just meant never playing anything.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Assign numbers to the games you really want to play, then ask Google Assistant/Siri to pick a random number for you. I've done it before. It works.
We live in a very weird world.

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018
Assign numbers to the games you really want to play, then ask Google Assistant/Siri to pick a random number for you. I've done it before. It works.
We live in a very weird world.
I do this all the time. I keep a running list of games that I want to play (but I regularly trim it down to keep it from growing out of control), and when I can't decide, I'll either RNG on the whole list, or pick out a few that I want to play sooner rather than later and just do it to that subset.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Well i maybe made huge mistake XD I put Ghost Recon Wildlands to download because i am in the mood for something i can play at any pace and without too much thinking until i get new GPU. But then i was bored waiting 75GB to download so i downloaded Thumper to play something while i am waiting. Oh boy.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It's a roguelite, that's the first thing you need to ask yourself if you wanna play. If yes, then deffo, it plays infinitely better and has way options than Transistor.
Is Rogue Legacy also a roguelite? cause I absolutely loved that game (Rogue Legacy 2 can't come out soon enough!) so I don't think I'm against the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.