Status
Not open for further replies.
1 gift from XR.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from XR. XR.!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Yeah, that's a pretty solid Humble Monthly. Rather than having two popular titles at the top with the rest being rather niche, it's so much more convincing with several well known titles a lot of people can relate too in some way or another.

And Generation Zero is the perfect Choice game for me since it's not really a game I would necessarily want to buy, but at the same time I'm really curious to try out.
No worries!

It's a gruesome and a very punishing one so I'm sure you'll hate me later though. ;)

Last edited:

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow forgot about the monthly thread change...

That montly is a bit disapointing, bu that seems to be the theme of most monthlies.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
The epilogue isn't much of an ending either. I think the DS game is a sequel but I've never played it.

Quick wikipedia glance and it tells me that Prince of Persia The Fallen King is set after the epilogue. Never heard of it, think I will skip that one. Last time I used my ds was for viva piñata and bowsers inside

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I really should just unsubscribe from Humble instead of pausing like 15 months in a row just to cling to that Classic thing. The lineups are often good but I just never feel like I would be playing those games anytime soon. If they ever do a GODLY lineup I'll just resub for that month.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

"Time for another little teaser, but this time I will use this opportunity to give a few more details ;) One part of this update includes a brand new campaign based on the original "The Last Stand" survival map from Left 4 Dead, designed by NF, Roku, and Wolphin from our mapping team - you may even recognize them as authors of popular workshop campaigns, such as Hard Rain: Downpour and Dark Carnival: Remix. The Last Stand campaign will feature the Left 4 Dead 1 survivors taking an alternate path, branching off from one of the original campaigns, as they venture into the unknown area ahead in hopes of finding salvation from the bloodthirsty hordes pursuing them. But this new campaign is not the only thing to look forward to; we had many other talented individuals in our team! What did they all work on specifically? That will be seen very soon! Stay tuned, it's not much longer till the grand reveal ;)"

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

"Time for another little teaser, but this time I will use this opportunity to give a few more details ;) One part of this update includes a brand new campaign based on the original "The Last Stand" survival map from Left 4 Dead, designed by NF, Roku, and Wolphin from our mapping team - you may even recognize them as authors of popular workshop campaigns, such as Hard Rain: Downpour and Dark Carnival: Remix. The Last Stand campaign will feature the Left 4 Dead 1 survivors taking an alternate path, branching off from one of the original campaigns, as they venture into the unknown area ahead in hopes of finding salvation from the bloodthirsty hordes pursuing them. But this new campaign is not the only thing to look forward to; we had many other talented individuals in our team! What did they all work on specifically? That will be seen very soon! Stay tuned, it's not much longer till the grand reveal ;)"

The game is ready made for the times, and still plays really well. Will look out for this, and hope valve themselves do some

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

In.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Oh wow, think this was the first giveaway that I entered. Thanks for the gift, Tarinus!

How do I claim the code? I just see a Humble icon in my PM.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I really should just unsubscribe from Humble instead of pausing like 15 months in a row just to cling to that Classic thing. The lineups are often good but I just never feel like I would be playing those games anytime soon. If they ever do a GODLY lineup I'll just resub for that month.
is there any harm in continuing to pause? if they let you do it, why not?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
If I've never played Grand
Finished Chapter 5 of Control and things are finally starting to get more interesting. I am still not a fan of combat and gameplay, it's just to repetitive and simple but it's definitely getting better. Here are few more screenshots:

0AFQOr.png

0AFqs0.png

0AFJT7.png

0AFVUF.png
I've a question: is this game very anxiety-inducing? I want to play it, but it looks sorta similar to Prey. Prey was giving me anxiety attacks with the "anything could be a mimic" thing.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I've a question: is this game very anxiety-inducing? I want to play it, but it looks sorta similar to Prey. Prey was giving me anxiety attacks with the "anything could be a mimic" thing.
The "horror" comes more from the ambient sounds and atmosphere, but no I don't think it's particularly scary. More of a power fantasy eventually and nothing like mimics to keep you on your toes.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Man - Wasteland 3 is a pleasant surprise. Despite its issues, it scratches that CRPG itch I didn't quite get from Pillars or Divinity.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so, Ive been playing Dead Cells alot lately, finally beat the hand of the king and now... I feel kinda done.

If I am done, I still got enough out of the game imo, and I love it, but yeah, kinda lost the will to do more runs. It doesnt help that the game has 347 thousand items, but I only really like to play one way:

bow + the 2 turrets (the bleed one and the...other one)

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Is anyone playing Remnant on EGS? Also, is there cross-play with Steam?

COSMEFULANITO

Jun 9, 2020

But you will lose the old price

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
ok PC gaming era apparently I have a giant memory leak?
after like 30 min pc use 100% of my 32 gig of my ram.
And it does not go down when I close down everything and nothing is running on the desktop.
Quick google search thought me that this is a memory leak but I have no idea what it exactly is and how to solve it.
Weird, this is happening to me too since yesterday (using Firefox too).

Have you solved it?

Last edited:

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any opinions they can share regarding Children of Morta?
There's a nice discount over at WGS but i'm not sure if I should bite it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That Humble looks OK for Strange Brigade + Yooka + Catherine, except Yooka was free on EGS, I've played Catherine on 360, and I'd prefer to have the Strange Brigade Deluxe Edition with the season pass rather than have to buy that pass separately. Not that I expect all that in a Humble, just saying.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Does anyone have any opinions they can share regarding Children of Morta?
There's a nice discount over at WGS but i'm not sure if I should bite it.
i just finished it with a friend the other day using steam remote play together

have you ever played heroes of hammerwatch? its weirdly almost exactly like that but with a story

and its a really well told story too, it looks gorgeous while its doing it and the writing is pretty good

we really enjoyed it, but be warned its a fairly repetitive dungeon crawler and you can kind of get a feel of the different characters pretty quickly (even though they take a while to level for new skills to use) so i can see someone being really bored if they didnt know what they were getting into. the hacking and slashing is still 98% of it even with the pretty pixel art and narration

the only part that was kind of disappointing is you can have a really good run going and if you reach the end of the dungeon thats just kind of it. it ends. and they dont take that long. theres no like endless mode or a just take me to the next dungeon with my same shit option to just keep destroying enemies for a really long time for fun. so the roguelikey parts are still pretty tame compared to the rest of that part of the genre

so if you think its satisfying to run around with a sword swinging for 18 hours fighting spiders and bats (we mostly did) you should go for it!

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
What sort of Alan Wake fan would I be if I didn't have the coffee achievement?
SmWFHaT.png

Edit: Forgot to tag Uzzy on this one.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
They dumped the steam api for Epic Online Services (which created a hell of a bugstorm lol). So it should work.
i couldnt find an answer on the egs discussion boards

but the steam ones say it works just fine once you link it all up

edit shucks beaten
Hmm. I basically added the Remnants.exe to Steam as a non-Steam game, because otherwise I couldn't get my DS4 controller to work. So I'm bypassing the EGS launcher, but the online works.... somehow. I guess, if I wanted to play with Steam people/friends I'd have to connect my Steam account to my EGS account, right? Or at least to find friends, I don't know if the randoms I'm meeting are on EGS or Steam or what.

Now I suppose I need to figure out if I do wanna connect both, because... I kinda don't trust Epic much lol

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Hmm. I basically added the Remnants.exe to Steam as a non-Steam game, because otherwise I couldn't get my DS4 controller to work. So I'm bypassing the EGS launcher, but the online works.... somehow. I guess, if I wanted to play with Steam people/friends I'd have to connect my Steam account to my EGS account, right? Or at least to find friends, I don't know if the randoms I'm meeting are on EGS or Steam or what.

Now I suppose I need to figure out if I do wanna connect both, because... I kinda don't trust Epic much lol

It doesn't matter if you have it on steam, you're going to be using EOS regardless. Why wouldn't the online not work if you added it to steam as a non-steam game? Adding it as a non-steam game will let you use the steam api for input. I had to help my cousin (I am not one to force my opinions on other) with this, some games don't work that way - I had to add the client to his steam as a non steam game. So if he runs the EGS client, then he runs the game from EGS, he gets 100% controller support in any of them.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nice OP. Sorry if already mentioned, but is it my imagination or is this guys arm broken? From the OP:

4eQpDFw.png

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
It doesn't matter if you have it on steam, you're going to be using EOS regardless. Why wouldn't the online not work if you added it to steam as a non-steam game? Adding it as a non-steam game will let you use the steam api for input. I had to help my cousin (I am not one to force my opinions on other) with this, some games don't work that way - I had to add the client to his steam as a non steam game. So if he runs the EGS client, then he runs the game from EGS, he gets 100% controller support in any of them.
Hmm apologies if I'm misunderstanding but I thought Remnants was DRM-free, so that just running the executable bypassed the launcher stuff. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
i just finished it with a friend the other day using steam remote play together

have you ever played heroes of hammerwatch? its weirdly almost exactly like that but with a story

and its a really well told story too, it looks gorgeous while its doing it and the writing is pretty good

we really enjoyed it, but be warned its a fairly repetitive dungeon crawler and you can kind of get a feel of the different characters pretty quickly (even though they take a while to level for new skills to use) so i can see someone being really bored if they didnt know what they were getting into. the hacking and slashing is still 98% of it even with the pretty pixel art and narration

the only part that was kind of disappointing is you can have a really good run going and if you reach the end of the dungeon thats just kind of it. it ends. and they dont take that long. theres no like endless mode or a just take me to the next dungeon with my same shit option to just keep destroying enemies for a really long time for fun. so the roguelikey parts are still pretty tame compared to the rest of that part of the genre

so if you think its satisfying to run around with a sword swinging for 18 hours fighting spiders and bats (we mostly did) you should go for it!

I have! It also reminds me a bit of Dungeon of the Endless but I guess minus the endless part. It's limited to two player co-op correct?
I've heard there's various "levels", if you start at the first do you make your way up through all that are unlocked or does it just end the run after completing it?

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I have! It also reminds me a bit of Dungeon of the Endless but I guess minus the endless part. It's limited to two player co-op correct?
I've heard there's various "levels", if you start at the first do you make your way up through all that are unlocked or does it just end the run after completing it?
it is only 2 player correct. i would also encourage you to play it co op. its a lot more fun that way

if you wait a few months it will have online co op (or it should they keep moving it back on the roadmap) if that makes it easier

it ends at the end of the one dungeon, so depending on where you are in the game a 20 min to a 40 min run (if you wanna explore everything and try to find all the side stuff or items). there are like 8 total i think?

Status
Not open for further replies.