Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like AMD is banking on the idea that Nvidia stuff will be perperctually sold out so they dont need to annouce before release date of 3080 and 3070.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Disco Elysyim this afternoon, i enjoyed it very much, way too much lore for my taste, but the game and mechanics is awesome, i didn't finished some quest, but i did most of them.

I just hoped it didn't ended kind of abrupt, or with an out of nowhere culprit, but nonetheless the journey was fantastic

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case then it'll come next year then. Personally not in a rush especially if it comes pretty much a year after when it originally released on PS4. Plus FFVIIR should also be releasing after March so there's another port.

I think the far more likely scenario is base game in November with "early" release dlcs down the line, this is Koei Tecmo we're talking about, I expect them to have learned their "lesson" with the first game.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
76 hours to complete wasteland 3

bittersweet

bitter because fuck i'm sad its over

what an amazing game

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expected, but still frustrating. Three years of exclusivity deals keeping Tetris Effect off of Steam. Maybe Google will want to make a deal next Summer for another year.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Expected, but still frustrating. Three years of exclusivity deals keeping Tetris Effect off of Steam. Maybe Google will want to make a deal next Summer for another year.

They have taken every timed exclusivity they could have, I find it abusive at this point. I'm not interested in buying it anymore.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
So after all this time to figure out why the hell I couldn't get HDR on my PC, wondering if it's my HDMI cable, the GPU, something with the motherboard, the answer was that youtube on firefox which I was using to compare between my pc and the roku youtube app, doesn't support HDR lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

A) I like XBOX Twitter, what can I say

B) for you guys that played Tell Me Why, I too have to ask...What?

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

A) I like XBOX Twitter, what can I say

B) for you guys that played Tell Me Why, I too have to ask...What?

I think I have an idea of what's going on but will take the final episode tomorrow to know for sure.

game is about child hood trauma and I think the main characters are replacing an abusive father figure with this monster in their memory of the trauma. But the game has a lot of weird fairy tale lore stuff that is hard to know if it's just children's imagination or something more (because they do have a supernatural ability to talk to eachother through their minds).

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I finished Disco Elysyim this afternoon, i enjoyed it very much, way too much lore for my taste, but the game and mechanics is awesome, i didn't finished some quest, but i did most of them.

I just hoped it didn't ended kind of abrupt, or with an out of nowhere culprit, but nonetheless the journey was fantastic

Fantastic game, can't wait to see the next game of the studio.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Well, Inland Empire did tell you all the way at the start that it was communism that killed him, but love pulled the trigger. There are a bunch of hints like that peppered around the game, but you never really recognize them until the end. I do get what you mean though.

I thought it was quite well executed and fit the overall bizarreness of the circumstances well. My reading on it wasn't so much that it was an until-then unknown identity who did it, but rather something we had gotten to know very well by that point in the game: a personification of all the pent up bile, anger and injustice (current and historical) that contextualizes every object, person and the world around you. Mixed with jealousy of something he thought he could never have, a bullet was shot at an unwitting target that represented another aspect of the problems of Revanchol. In a more literal reading, it still kind of works for me because of how important it initially seems when really it was incidental and done on a whim, a weird emotional outburst that was a catalyst for the confluence of all these people and events.That seemingly stochastic nature of the event even thought it was grounded in layers of history and emotional charge feels very human and real in many ways.

Even so, I felt like solving the case was kind of secondary to the true emotional conclusion of the game, which was the Insulidian Phasmid that you have a second reality lowdown with and helps you to come to terms with yourself, piece a final few things back together after the morale-shattering dream sequence with your ex-wife. It even interrupts you as you are locking down your accusations against the deserter. Such a wonderful moment. Despite the hyper depressing realist undercurrent of the game, you do get bits and pieces of how the world of Disco Elysium is super weird and not at all like our own. And, similarly, as bleak as the game seems at first blush, it is really hopeful, humanizing and warm at its core.

Anywho, those were just my thoughts on it; I get that it doesn't work for everyone. Really hope we get more of this kind of game from ZA/UM. Such an impressive undertaking.

Last edited:

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Inland Empire did tell you all the way at the start that it was communism that killed him, but love pulled the trigger. There are a bunch of hints like that peppered around the game, but you never really recognize them until the end. I do get what you mean though.

I thought it was quite well executed and fit the overall bizarreness of the circumstances well. My reading on it wasn't so much that it was an until-then unknown identity who did it, but rather something we had gotten to know very well by that point in the game: a personification of all the pent up bile, anger and injustice (current and historical) that contextualizes every object, person and the world around you. Mixed with jealousy of something he thought he could never have, a bullet was shot at an unwitting target that represented another aspect of the problems of Revanchol. In a more literal reading, it still kind of works for me because of how important it initially seems when really it was incidental and done on a whim, a weird emotional outburst that was a catalyst for the confluence of all these people and events.That seemingly stochastic nature of the event even thought it was grounded in layers of history and emotional charge feels very human and real in many ways.

Even so, I felt like solving the case was kind of secondary to the true emotional conclusion of the game, which was the Insulidian Phasmid that you have a second reality lowdown with and helps you to come to terms with yourself, piece a final few things back together after the morale-shattering dream sequence with your ex-wife. It even interrupts you as you are locking down your accusations against the deserter. Such a wonderful moment. Despite the hyper depressing realist undercurrent of the game, you do get bits and pieces of how the world of Disco Elysium is super weird and not at all like our own. And, similarly, as bleak as the game seems at first blush, it is really hopeful, humanizing and warm at its core.

Anywho, those were just my thoughts on it; I get that it doesn't work for everyone. Really hope we get more of this kind of game from ZA/UM. Such an impressive undertaking.

I missed that Inland Empire told me that, or probably forget, i only played it once, I also failed to figured it out what's going on with the man with sunglasses (my crew) maybe that changes things a bit.
I do agree with most of your points, is a lot to digest anyway, as i said too much lore of the world on it but the journey was fantastic.

> the morale-shattering dream sequence with your ex-wife
I think i didn't have that one, only what my crew told me about my past and why i'm the way i'm because a woman betrayed me.

Is there a way to save more hardy boys or to avoid that bloodshed? (only two survived on my play, and i didn't had my weapon in that part).

I also do wants more games from this studio.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I missed that Inland Empire told me that, or probably forget, i only played it once, I also failed to figured it out what's going on with the man with sunglasses (my crew) maybe that changes things a bit.
I do agree with most of your points, is a lot to digest anyway, as i said too much lore of the world on it but the journey was fantastic.

> the morale-shattering dream sequence with your ex-wife
I think i didn't have that one, only what my crew told me about my past and why i'm the way i'm because a woman betrayed me.

Is there a way to save more hardy boys or to avoid that bloodshed? (only two survived on my play, and i didn't had my weapon in that part).

I also do wants more games from this studio.

Ah, you get the dream sequence when you sleep in the bed on the island. I think Kim suggests that (if he's still alive anyway). If you have a save from around then, definitely give it a look. Very interesting. You can get through the tribunal with almost no bloodshed. I think one of the Hardy boys will always die, but there are a number of things that will help you resolve the situation, yeah. Among which would be getting a gun, either yours or another one. I want to say gaining the trust of the Hardy boys helps, but I'm unsure. Knowing about Kortenaer's life and childhood also throws the assailants off.

It could be cool if a theoretical new game would explore one of the older cases mentioned in your dossier. Like the square bullet hole murder seemed really interesting.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
It looks like AMD is banking on the idea that Nvidia stuff will be perperctually sold out so they dont need to annouce before release date of 3080 and 3070.
That and Nvidia's pricing put them on the defensive.

AMD really needs to invest in some kind of synergy with their GPUs and CPUs because I don't see what else they have going for them over Nvidia other than Linux support and mining performance.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
That and Nvidia's pricing put them on the defensive.

AMD really needs to invest in some kind of synergy with their GPUs and CPUs because I don't see what else they have going for them over Nvidia other than Linux support and mining performance.
the synergy they're banking on I think is on mobile with their 4000U APU series. Seems to be top notch performance and with low powerdraw. Now if only more laptop manufactures actually had AMD models...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Bloodborne-inspired RPG-Metroidvania releasing on Steam Oct 14th

Having played the demo, this is gonna be my October game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
EhkXqu4WAAEylyn

1 gift from Cels

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cels Cels!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cels said:
Humble gift link for steam

These are our awesome prizes:

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Stick Fight: The Game - Won by Equirah Equirah (4 entries)

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Finally finished Control today and my opinion about it remained unchanged. I liked the game but that's about it. It totally failed to wow me or impress me in any way. It's a good, polished game but with so many issues for me personally. Can't even force myself to play two DLC expansions, so for now i think that i won't even bother.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Finished Disco Elysium last night, what a game man. Wasteland 3 was next, but it sounds too buggy, so I'm giving another suitable snowy game a shot -- The Division 1.

Normally these are not my types of games. I've tried 2 already since it came free with my GPU and it was... alright. I'm enjoying 1 more so far. It... looks better than 2? From what I can remember anyway. Doubt I'm gonna grind end-game or anything, just something to mong out to after Disco Elysium's quite heavy and long story.

Well, think I've about had my fill with The Division 1. Got to World Tier 5. Actually quite impressed, given it's free. If you give it a shot, make sure you turn on 'Neutral Lighting' in the settings. Lovely looking game. One of the better cover systems, and was presently surprised by the verticality during exploration and combat; in-and-out of highly detailed apartments, leading to rooftop parkour and all the way down into the subways. Love the snow storms... speaking of, Wasteland 3 looks like it still news a couple more patches, so dunno what I'll play next.

Status
Not open for further replies.