• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Post?

• About the same

Votes: 764 51.4%
  • Way more active

Votes: 229 15.4%
  • Much less active

Votes: 492 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Because it was banned to directly name the site for a while, it just stuck
Naming the site was never banned. Linking is discouraged. Also cross forum drama is discouraged, often by closure of meta threads.

People just wanted to separate themselves, from what I observed. And they had a bit of fun not-naming neogaf, on a voldemort sort of level.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about as active as I was before. Before that I was way more active than in either place on the Facepunch forums. I loved reading the daily updates in HL2 mods and Garry's Mod stuff.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a fair bit less, although during the GAF years a lot of my posts were from when I was working in an office and trying to avoid doing anything productive. Maybe I post a comparable number of posts but these days it tends to be a higher number of goofy shitposts and one-liners. Also, while I still play plenty of games, I don't really keep up with the AAA/hype scene anymore.

If something like what caused the Great Migration from GAF happened here, I'd probably just say bump ya'll and finally give it up(no offense). Although in most meaningful ways I think this place is better than the old place. At least the admins here have the good sense to not put their public lives on grand display for the rest of the forum.

Oct 25, 2017
Posting less on the internet in general these days than I ever did back when GAF was hoppin.

Think I had like 17k posts in 6 years there

Fewer than 3k in 23 months here

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people always call it the old/other place? Is that forum's name like Voldemort now or some shit?

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
My peak activity was from like 2011-2014. Since then I'm like 98% Discord. Granted, my peak activity was still barely a blip compared to the forum regulars. I'm more of a reader than a poster.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less active. There was more pro-blackness and knowledge being dropped at ***'s peak.

Trump has also dominated US society since this board's inception, so the OT experience is going to be different.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Don't remember really 🤔

I've been banned less so far though so more time to post.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I was a frequent reader at the other place, I had only 4 or 5 comments. Here, I have over 1,600. Slight difference.

Feb 1, 2018
Lurked GAF for a good 7-8 years, but never really posted because my email addresses weren't good enough haha. Finally got an account and started posting in the lead up to the 2016 election/amirox/evilore/general destabilization and I lost my account along with many others in a mass permabanning spree by a particular admin. Never really bothered to pursue it; instead waited for the migration dust to settle and started fresh on era a few months later.

Mostly stick to tech topics since it's a relatively better place to discuss them here than the cesspool that is reddit

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
I thought this post was about how physically active I am as an older person lol

I'm about as active as I was on the other board. I rarely post, but lurk multiple times a day.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Way less. Most of the community-style threads I used to spend time in are basically dead on here, and this place seems to mostly be recycled news aggregation or what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-y'all behavioral topics that make me feel gross.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'm more active here, definitely. Although there was a period of 2016 where I was really active over there because of shift work

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More active, honestly. Stuck more to sales-related threads in the old place

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I post about the same, since I stuck mostly to movie threads there I do the same here. In terms of meet ups and communicating with fellow members outside the forums...well, I do that much less. that has more to do with not having that much time anymore

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Way more active. I mainly lurked and commented on gaming stuff.

Now I lurk and comment on...off-topic stuff.

Wait a minute

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I got permabanned as a junior on the other site for thread whining. I knew it was stupid, but I was tired of seeing the thread on the front page after like 2 weeks. and tried to go back and edit it, but was banned before I could hit the submit button.

It took 3 months to get accepted, but less than 15 seconds to get banned >.>

So yeah, I comment way more here.
Guess I learned my lesson on thread whining as well lol

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Way more active here. I'd get banned on GAF for having a different opinion than a mod which made me hesitant to post. That site definitely had a reputation.

Here, I've yet to be banned. Seems like you have to be a asshole to get banned here.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely less. I think I had around 10k posts in my four years there, and so far here I got 2.6k in two.

It's not like I'm not on the site a whole lot less, I just don't post in community threads anymore.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yea. There are a lot of posters here that still go to GAF.

I have no idea why. The place is literally right wing as fuck now. I saw on Twitter that there is a thread defending convicted rapist Brock Turner right now in the Politics sections and had to see it for myself. Actual real people trying to make the case he isn't a rapist and blaming the victim for her own rape. No mods. No Bans. No Warnings. Evilore has allowed that place to become a total cesspit of racism, sexism, and bigotry just so he can desperately hold onto what members he has left. Its disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.