Jan 4, 2018
Some of these weapons need to return.

giphy.gif

DapperDelectableBee-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Perfect Dark has so much potential — really glad to see The Initiative take on this.

If we get something Hitman-esque with sandbox levels and cool gadgets I will be so excited.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see what The Initiative can do with the i.p. Didn't get a lot from that reveal trailer.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
So surreal to finally see the game, but not shocking. It's been rumored for years.

Will be interesting to see what they do with it. Back when Goldeneye and Perfect Dark came out on the N64, the console shooter scene was nowhere near as oversaturated as it is right now, so it was easier to stand out and make a difference. Hopefully they bring back the IP faithfully, but let it stand for itself and be unique in this post-COD/Halo/Uncharted/Gears world.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
So surreal to finally see the game, but not shocking. It's been rumored for years.

Will be interesting to see what they do with it. Back when Goldeneye and Perfect Dark came out on the N64, the console shooter scene was nowhere near as oversaturated as it is right now, so it was easier to stand out and make a difference. Hopefully they bring back the IP faithfully, but let it stand for itself and be unique in this post-COD/Halo/Uncharted/Gears world.

IOI working on a James Bond game and The Initiative working on a Perfect Dark game. Yes, surreal !

Mr.Adele

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
The only megaton of the event, weird that their started with both biggest announcements (this and Smash) and only went downhill from that

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
This should have been the last announcement. While I wasn't crazy about the trailer, it definitely more like a big deal than "Bioware is dragging out Mass Effect again like everyone knew they were". Really hyped to see where this goes.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice to finally have this confirmed.

Only mild disappointment: Jo certainly doesn't sound British.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm extremely excited to see how this shakes out. I love this teaser.

I love Perfect Dark. I probably shouldn't, because I detest Perfect Dark Zero and it's been absent on so little of a foundation for so long, but still... glad to see someone's taking another crack at it. Glad it's a third person stealth action game...

Can't wait to see more. I have been unable to stop thinking about it since the teaser dropped live.

Jul 4, 2018
No, but I'm sure they'll have that or similar in the final version.

The red background of the logo did bring back memories of the Japanese version + boxart though ;)

We know it has to be the bear and bird, but let's just be grateful for PD and the others for now :)
Yep

Banjo is inevitable at this point (and ever so possibly headed to Switch)

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped. I would have preferred third person, but it sounds like they're going all in on mobility which is what I really care about.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I adore PD on N64 - one of my childhood favorites.

But it's really, really hard for me to get excited about this. It's not made by Rare - not that the old Rare even exists today, and it follows a ~15-20 year hiatus after a frustratingly boring sequel... and we know another sequel has already been scrapped before.

Lastly, I'd bet real money there's zero chance this game releases in the next 36 months, so I'm like... why do I care right now?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Excited to see the Initiative's take on the IP.

Sidenote: people's obsession with third person is fucking weird.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I did but mostly played first party games. And I wasn't being snarky about my question, btw. Just wondering about the hype.

Then it's even more strange that you haven't even heard of it lol. Have you played Goldeneye? PD was basically a spiritual sequel to that game made by the same company. It's considered one of the best first person shooters.

PD is tied to some of the best years of my life growing up, I was hyped when I saw the DD logo.

PD was first party though.

Technically second party, but yeah, it was published by Nintendo and was exclusive.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
I don't know if it would be technically possible nowadays (and it was already missing in PDZ) but I would love a return of the Counter-Ops mode. Playing the enemy was so fun in the original game.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I adore PD on N64 - one of my childhood favorites.

But it's really, really hard for me to get excited about this. It's not made by Rare - not that the old Rare even exists today, and it follows a ~15-20 year hiatus after a frustratingly boring sequel... and we know another sequel has already been scrapped before.

Lastly, I'd bet real money there's zero chance this game releases in the next 36 months, so I'm like... why do I care right now?

As silly as it sounds, I'm one of the few who will agree. I'm a hardcore Rare fan. I'm as much a fan of the studio itself as I am a fan of the IPs, so the fact that this game isn't being made by Rare (just like KI and Battletoads) bothers me greatly. But it's the best scenario we'll get these days unfortunately.