• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to bet that this amounts to a bunch of nothing.
cover2.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
"Nothing came of it"

*Huge list of a bunch of things that came after Phil's tweets*

"Yeah but nothing actually came from it"

I mean, there's literally a huge ass wall of a post listing huge improvements. Actually, it's the fucking OP, lol.

Because people always speculate about exclusive deals, not late ports.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Get Sega to do a Forza arcade game with the tracks from Daytona USA 1 and 2 and Scud Race, with cars from the Forza games and arcade hardware based on the Xbox Series X.

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
He must've taken his Series X with him too, probably showing off everything running on the damn thing.
Airport security: Sir, are you carrying with you an explosive device?.
Phil: no, it's my xbox
Security: I have seen many Xboxes, and this ain't one.
Phil: no, it's not on sale now, Only I have one and I'm the head of Xbox.
Security: good try sir, I'm the captain of the internet, and I need you to to come with me.

And in the year 2020, not a single Japanese game is announced for Xbox

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Because i already have these games, yeah. And its no lost oddysey 2 or exclusive title either. Unless your insinuating something else
It's not like Xbox is just getting ports of older titles, over the years it's gotten simultaneous releases of Final Fantasy XV (arguably the best console version), Final Fantasy Type-0, Kingdom Hearts 3, Y's Origins, Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet, Valkyria Revolution, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Monster Hunter World, Code Vein, Samurai Shodown, Jump Force, One Piece World Seeker, Shining Resonance Refrain, and so on and so forth. They even got surprise marketing for Devil May Cry V which was kind of crazy.

It's actually great to be able to get games like Tales of Arise & Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris on Xbox as well since the franchises have been mostly on PS4 so I would say there's been some good progress made with Sega and Bandai Namco. It's really just up to Square-Enix, Arc System Works, Nihom Falcom, SNK, & Koe-Tecmo to put more support behind Xbox by releasing their Dragon Quest/Tokyo Factory RPG's, Guilty Gear/Blazblue fighters, Y's RPG's, King of Fighters, & Nioh/Ninja Gaiden/Atelier games respectively on the Xbox.

As a side note, KoF XIV should have never been exclusive to PS4 considering how big of a game it was in Mexico and how much support Xbox gets in that region but I get that there was a deal made there.

Hey Phil. Make a new Phantom Dust game with some of the original creators. Boom you've got a potentially GAAS style game with really unique gameplay and a good amount of style. How have they not figured this out yet...
I don't get it myself, it's not like Yukio Futatsugi & a developer like Bluepoint Games (known for great ports and remakes) aren't available to them

Last edited:

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Why are you so mad about it? Clearly you have nothing of substance to add to the conversation or an intelligent rebuttal to anything I posted so why not hit the log out button or head off to another thread?
The post you are quoting was intended to be sarcasm about nothingbhappening. I am not mad about it. I don't need to add anything beyond what other members have already said quite succinctly, like:
So something happened :)
Isn't that one of the biggest complaints about Xbox? So that is something...
First you said nothing happened while mentioning the something that happened. Now getting the games will lead to disappointment because they aren't the particular games you keep mentioning.
Nothing has happened except things that happened. so true.
I know right? Like finally working to get all the yakuza, ff to gamepass. You might not like him, but it was hard to convince japan to work on a xb1. I fully expect next gen to be different.
OP forgetting that Tales of Arise was also announced at Xbox E3 2019 makes me sad.
In terms of exclusive games for Xbox publishing arm? No. But Klobrille lays out what had happened in terms of getting nearly every FF on Gamepass, confirmed FF14 is coming, and got a previously exclusive franchise in Yakuza debuting on GP. Having FF7R launch day and date on GPonce the timed exclusivity ends doesn't seem too farfetched

Eventually they'll want more than GP deals for old games though. Publishing/2nd party deals are probably happening on these trips
Yes. The shit ton of games coming to Xbox / Game Pass listed in the OP + South Korea was likely for the time exclusives CrossFire X + KartRider: Drift and maybe to check out the stuff at PUBG Corp.

As for what's beyond that - we'll see.
He's there to build relationships, discuss business plans, introduce/advertise games pass model, since these trips, we see more Japanese games announced on xbox conferences, games enter game pass relatively earlier, and even games skipped xbox being ported for game pass. there was a wide gap for Japanese content between xbox and the competitors since the start of this generation, and it's getting wider and wider before his Asian trips. there may never be a day the gap will be truely closed but it is shrinking.
His trips have yielded significant content for Xbox players, whatever you think, thats not empty words nor is he being nebulous. He's in Japan, we will speculate.

Stop crying about it.
Did anything happen??!? PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 happened and don't fn forget it
and Phantasy Star Online 2
and Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2

Shit, Phil's trips might be working after all.
So was it an illusion of communication when MS talked about Japanese partnerships and then announced Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts coming to Xbox for the first time in...ever? Or when they announced all the Final Fantasy games coming to game pass? Or when they highlighted Japanese titles such as DBZ, Code Vein, Elden Ring on their stage? Or when they put resources and effort into getting Phantasy Star to the west?

Don't answer that by the way... I know the answer
Sega promised a more multiplatform approach in their future releases. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona becomes multiplatform. Starting with Persona 4 Golden remastered hitting PS4/XB1/Switch/PC.
Coming :)

www.gamespot.com

Final Fantasy 14 Is Coming To Xbox One, At Long Last

Square Enix's MMORPG, FFXIV, will eventually make it to Microsoft's consoles, Xbox boss Phil Spencer confirms.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. They have made in roads and have to keep going. FF14 and Yakuza no longer being defacto exclusives is a change. They have made big changes and are making strides. Complaining about Phil tweeting that he's on a trip is ridiculous. The point I was trying to make is why does it matter that he's tweeting about a business trip when people use Twitter for much more trivial shit.

Last edited:

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
All these people saying "This will amount to nothing" clearly don't subscribe to Game Pass.

If they did, they would absolutely notice how many Japanese-made games we're getting.
Thanks for making the trek so consistently, Phil. "Worn out that Delta seat," indeed.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

I don't know when, but I know it was before E3 2018. When we first saw Sekiro people were thinking it could be Bloodborne 2. There's no way anyone would have thought that if we first saw it at Microsoft's E3.

I'm pretty sure it's reveal of anything noteworthy was at MS's conference.

Absolutely, the first full reveal and name was announced at MS's conference, but that was not the first time we saw the game.

Falique

Oct 30, 2017
They had a japanese game with someone riding a dragon and stufd

But nope,cancel it and still continue release shootbang crackdown 3

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
they don't sell on Xbox, it's fine if they come out but when they are selling small amounts that's why there wasn't very many Japanese games coming out. Maybe it will change but who knows.
My dude last I checked games like dragonquest weren't exactly tearing up the charts on PS4 either in the west. Putting them on multiple consoles will always be better than excluding sales.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
In terms of late ports I would think Dragon Quest Builders 2 makes sense.

And I guess whatever new anime games Namco is currently making since they tend to partner with Microsoft for advertising.

Probably also checking on how PSO2 is doing too.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
The post you are quoting was intended to be sarcasm about nothingbhappening. I am not mad about it. I don't need to add anything beyond what other members have already said quite succinctly, like:

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. They have made in roads and have to keep going. FF14 and Yakuza no longer being defacto exclusives is a change. They have made big changes and are making strides. Complaining about Phil tweeting that he's on a trip is ridiculous. The point I was trying to make is why does it matter that he's tweeting about a business trip when people use Twitter for much more trivial shit.
So we're actually in agreement.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Actually, Game Pass still isn't available in Japan if I remember correctly. Maybe some work being done on that?

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
They had a japanese game with someone riding a dragon and stufd

But nope,cancel it and still continue release shootbang crackdown 3
This is a weird correlation to make.

Scalebound's cancellation wasn't done in order for Crackdown 3 to live, the only thing they had in common was that they were both MSGP studio games that had development problems. Scalebound's was just apparently a lot less salvageable. That being said, I do wish the concept for Scalebound was shelved for some other time when the tech is ready since that was a super ambitious game. Maybe Yukio Futatsugi could get to make that Crimson Dragon Saga he was always interested in making.

In terms of late ports I would think Dragon Quest Builders 2 makes sense.

And I guess whatever new anime games Namco is currently making since they tend to partner with Microsoft for advertising.

Probably also checking on how PSO2 is doing too.
I've always been puzzled as to why none of the Dragon Quest Builders games came to Xbox considering the building genre is a huge one on the platform.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I could see some kind of partnership with Sega to release some new Series X games that MS publishes (Skies of Arcadia 2??)

/very wishful thinking

Nov 28, 2017
So, (for the new page), the JPN titles that were announced at X019, are they all getting a PHYSICAL RETAIL AND DIGITAL SKU's, or are they just GamePass?

rapid32.5

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Lol at ppl saying Phil brings nothing. Nier Automata was his work. He got all FF games on Xbox which is unprecedented. I would get Series X for Lost Odyssey 2 alone. If he can convince Konami to remake Silent Hill it would be huge.