• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I prefer

• Devil May Cry

Votes: 550 51.0%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 529 49.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Bayonetta better.

I think they will score similar.

I think they will play similar.

It's hard to see a way DMC5 doesn't sell more.

I see B3 continuing being super bonkers wtr enemies, set pieces etc.

I really hope B3 over delivers by a country mile so we get more of those games and I really hope DMC5 is a great game so all gamers win. I like them both.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
yGEuclb.jpg

I'm still curious about DMCV, but man I'll be all over Bayonetta 3.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to predict when we have zero footage of Bayo 3

Seeing how downgraded Bayo 2 from the first on and I don't have faith in the team to actually improve the combat system, I can see the series getting stale with 3

On the other hand, Itsuno's last two games were good, but heavily flawed(DD and DMC4) and who knows if DMCV will follow the trend or not.

So yeah I haven't seen enough to predict/vote.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Which one will score higher on average?
>> Devil May Cry 5
If they released on the same day and you could only get one, which would you get?
>> Bayonetta
Who would win if Dante and Bayonetta fought?
>> Bayonetta

I prefer Bayonetta to Devil May Cry, but Devil May Cry probably has wider appeal. It also helps that we know DMC5 is rad as hell, and we don't really know anything about Bayonetta 3.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta will score higher. Bayo has never been as good as the best in DMC series and has always scored considerably higher.

DMCV is day one. Bayo I will get eventually, but I don't even have a Switch yet. Waiting for the inevitable refresh, though I will play it near release on my brother's system.

Last edited:

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The world, characters, and overall vibe of Devil May Cry annoy me on a core level so Bayo by default.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
DMC, no question asked. Bayonetta will probably be great as well though but yeah, DMC is on another level.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Who do you think will make a better action game?
A.
Capcom
B. Platinum

I mean, even story wise didn't Platinum do an awesome job for Square Enix on Nier: Automata?

We haven't seen anything from Bayonetta 3 yet, but going by Platinum's history and Bayonetta being their most beloved (internally) IP, I think they will go all out for this game.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Bayonetta 2 was disappointing after the first game - it often just felt like a series of big set pieces. So DMC5 on that basis.

Also Bayonetta 3 will likely be 720p docked like Bayo 2, which will be really quite painful on my OLED.

But it really doesn't matter because I'll buy and play them both.

In the end, DMC5 will sell better (even on PS4 alone), but Bayo 3 will score higher.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Weird results. DMC is the king, Bayonetta as fantastic as it is isn't as good as the best DMC games. Bayonetta 2 was a step down. DMC5 looks like the best action hack and slash game ever made. This is an easy one, it's DMC5.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Bayonetta easily. I delighted in both Bayonetta 1 and 2 without resistance, whereas DMC4:SE (which I just finished 2 weeks ago) felt comparatively like a slog for most of the experience.

DMCV will still demolish it in sales due to multiplatform, but B3 will win critically.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Bayo 2 had annoying gimmick boss fights where you're underwater or flying in the air and they just give you a worse version of the standard Bayo controls rather than do anything interesting. They need to stop that with Bayo 3 (imo anyway)

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
A. Capcom
B. Platinum

I mean, even story wise didn't Platinum do an awesome job for Square Enix on Nier: Automata?

We haven't seen anything from Bayonetta 3 yet, but going by Platinum's history and Bayonetta being their most beloved (internally) IP, I think they will go all out for this game.

Err, Platinum Games isn't who you want to credit for the story in NieR: Automata.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
I know we haven't really seen Bayonetta yet. This is more "which do you have higher expectations of" than "after detailed analysis of the two, which do you think will be the greater product". More feels, less thinks.

Based on what we have seen and your past experiences with the series, which are you more greatly anticipating?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
A. Capcom
B. Platinum

As a action game? No, they did "only" a good job (not shitting on the game, I love it, but the combat isn't awesome). (Edit: for some reason I missed the story wise part lol, nah that's Yoko Taro merit).

Doesn't really matter looking at the studio as a whole imo, DMC5 director is amazing when creating great combat. We still don't know who's directing Bayonetta 3.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Im just gonna hold my vote till I play em both. Historically I'm a bigger fan of Bayo, but just by a witch's hair. we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Bayo and will likely get 3, but I'm more interested in DMC V. Played it at Gamescom and loved it, probably my third best game there after Sekiro and Ori 2.

But who knows what tricks Bayo 3 has in store. Gameplay reveal at the Game Awards?

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
DMC5 will have higher production values and will likely score higher even if it's got problems. Kinda like DmC became fairly popular regardless of the issues.

Bayonetta 3 will likely be considered a smaller scale/scope game even if it's tighter and at the top of its series game in what it tries to offer.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Way too early to tell which may end up being the better game. We haven't seen anything from Bayo 3. DMC5 looks to play similar to the past DMC games so we can expect some consistency there. Prettier graphics, but more or less the same. I'm interested to see if Bayo 3 will be as iterative.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I know we haven't really seen Bayonetta yet. This is more "which do you have higher expectations of" than "after detailed analysis of the two, which do you think will be the greater product". More feels, less thinks.

Based on what we have seen and your past experiences with the series, which are you more greatly anticipating?

Even that isn't really possible right now, Platinum isn't save from making a DMC2 tier dud with Bayo 3. And just because DMC V looks good so far for many people (not me though), it could completely fall apart in the lategame, who knows.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bayo 3 will likely have gimmick fights return that i cant stand(among other things) but i'll still buy it.
This is a silly comparison as people have mentioned as we know nothing about bayo 3. But considering what V is doing and how the jump from bayo 1 to 2 was , i think V wins this fight.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Well the last gen versions of DMC4 did not have Turbo Mode or LDK mode (PC only), so yeah it's definitely up for debate if the Switch could do that stuff.

Ah gotcha. I've never played any version of DMC4 so didn't realise you were referring to something not in the original release.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This betting is pretty pre-mature as is, but I'm assuming DMC5 is gonna review higher from the get-go due to presentation.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Also, since this is a hot take thread, let me just put it out there that Nico is the better bespectacled character.

DfbwikpUcAAXv-p.jpg

That char is, for me, the worst thing coming out of DMC V, topps even Nero and the art style ... i'd like to write what my wife said about her, but i don't think this would be ok with the rules of ResetEra.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I personally prefer bayonetta to DMC, but DMC V will probably be the bigger game. It looks like Capcom is committing to it, and that series also needs a big revival. As we saw with monster Hunter world, when Capcom tries they can do some really good shit. I'm expecting Bayonetta to be another Bayonetta, which I'm all for. But DMC V is probably really going to push the series forward

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
As a action game? No, they did "only" a good job (not shitting on the game, I love it, but the combat isn't awesome). (Edit: for some reason I missed the story wise part lol, nah that's Yoko Taro merit).

Doesn't really matter looking at the studio as a whole imo, DMC5 director is amazing when creating great combat. We still don't know who's directing Bayonetta 3.

It's Hideki Kamiya doing Bayonetta 3... I believe he also created and directed DMC1 (the best one imo) as well as the first Bayonetta. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/15/hideki-kamiya-teases-new-game-beyond-bayonetta-3
He was the one with the idea for Bayonetta 3 too, and spoke about it while working on Scale Bound, before the Bayonetta 3 project was greenlit. I'm pretty excited to see him take the series back over and where Platinum wants to take the genre, since they seem to be the innovators in this genre.