• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'd imagine a lot of places are screwed up with the Bluefin warehouse being locked down considering how many licenses they are the distributor for

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I said screw it & decided to try my luck with Hobbylink Japan. After getting Fedex Priority, turned out to be only like a few bucks more than the cost on prime due to the models being only $20 each. Hopefully will get them sometime next week.

Also learned with the Saturn, the disc stickers can make it look like Sakura Wars 2, Virtua Fighter, or Nights. That's sweet. A shame the PS1 doesn't get anything, probably some licensing issues. Shame I don't have the ability to print out my own sticker & make it something like a FF7 disc or Crash or Spyro.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, think I'm gonna order something else to build since my RG Eva order seems to have been delayed. And probably from GundamPlanet or USAGundamStore instead of Amazon. I've got almost all of next week off before FFVII Remake hits and I've got an itch to build.

MG FAZZ Ver. Ka or the MG S/Ex-S 1.5 are what I'm hovering between. Going for S/Ex-S 1.5. And I've got a spot atop my refrigerator ready for it, beside my Deep Striker.

Last edited:

Unraveled

Dec 15, 2019
I'd imagine a lot of places are screwed up with the Bluefin warehouse being locked down considering how many licenses they are the distributor for
Hadn't heard that about Bluefin's warehouse, guess that's a good reason why product isn't out there heh.

While I hate that the RG Eva missed it's release date essentially, I do have things to do in the meantime. A Psycho Zaku that still needs some decals, an MG Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise that I plan on painting once I figure out what colors, and then the 1/60 Ma

Unraveled

Dec 15, 2019
Hadn't heard that about Bluefin's warehouse, guess that's a good reason why product isn't out there heh.

While I hate that the RG Eva missed it's release date essentially, I do have things to do in the meantime. A Psycho Zaku that still needs some decals, an MG Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise that I plan on painting once I figure out what colors, and then the 1/60 Mazinger Z if Gundam Planet comes through on that.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well hot damn, only after a day of placing the order on HLJ, it's already been shipped out. Can't wait to make them. Almost want to buy a PS Classic just to compare it to the model kit version.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
i can never get top spray to work properly, no matter what i do. warm the can, shake the can, spray further away, spray closer, short spurts, long sports. i give up.

OP
OP

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried doing some multi-layer chipping.
0iCAcSj.jpg
qjgivVR.jpg

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the result. I guess it looks kind of interesting but it also feels a bit off, especially when looking at it from further away where all the chips just blend together.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Meanwhile, in OOB land...

HGBD GNX-803OG Ogre GN-X

Ogre is a bit of a dick in Build Divers but his customized GN-X variant is quite cool. A color scheme that is almost Barça-like is always a plus.
The spikes in the elbow needing stickers is a bit lame but HG gonna HG.

EU8uYawWkAAFr6N

EU8ubABWoAUED8K

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that was super quick. Fedex was suppose to deliver these yesterday but they came while I was sleeping. Probably will get these done by the week's end with how bored I've been.

Edit: *just about done with the PS1 model after an hour*

*all that's left is to put the stickers for the PS1 buttons on*

*trying to readjust the X button sticker with tweezers, it flies off & I can't find it*

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*finds it 5 minutes later on arm* Thank god.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Share some images of those!
Double post, but wanted to share the pictures I took while building both of them. Each took about an hour to build & they're adorably small. I like how the disk tray will actually let you spin the disc & the lids will open and close, though not in the way you'd expect them to, so it takes a little effort to open them up. But for around $20-30 each, these are pretty near & fulfill my desire of having mini versions of consoles ever since the S/NES Mini became a thing. I really hope we get more like a Dreamcast or PS2 or some Nintendo ones. Perhaps a Turbografx-16 with a mini Hue card & the CD add-on? What about the complete Sega tower with the CD & 32X attachments? Hell, I'd be all for more obscure choices considering Saturn was one of the first. Let me make a SNK arcade cabinet like the Astrocity model or perhaps a Virtual Boy.

....right, anyways. Here's all the pics I took.

PS1:

Saturn:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Double post, but wanted to share the pictures I took while building both of them. Each took about an hour to build & they're adorably small. I like how the disk tray will actually let you spin the disc & the lids will open and close, though not in the way you'd expect them to, so it takes a little effort to open them up. But for around $20-30 each, these are pretty near & fulfill my desire of having mini versions of consoles ever since the S/NES Mini became a thing. I really hope we get more like a Dreamcast or PS2 or some Nintendo ones. Perhaps a Turbografx-16 with a mini Hue card & the CD add-on? What about the complete Sega tower with the CD & 32X attachments? Hell, I'd be all for more obscure choices considering Saturn was one of the first. Let me make a SNK arcade cabinet like the Astrocity model or perhaps a Virtual Boy.

....right, anyways. Here's all the pics I took.

PS1:

Saturn:

Thank you, that looks really nice! I want to wipe down your Saturn though.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Those are pretty nice. Have they done any other console model kits like that? Or is it just PS1 and Saturn?
At the moment, Bandai Spirits has just these two that came out last week as part of "Best Hit Chronicle", plus as 25th anniversary items. The closest is Wave having arcade cabinets based on Astrocity & a Taiko no Tatsujin cabinet, but that's it. My collection will mainly be gaming related, so I'll keep an eye out & post any news.

Edit: Oh geez, now I'm thinking how cool it'd be if I could make mini versions of old Sega arcade games like Hang-on or Outrun. Or like a mini Dance Dance Revolution cabinet. My mind is thinking up too many mini versions of stuff I'd love to make.

Thank you, that looks really nice! I want to wipe down your Saturn though.
Sorry about that, my Saturn was bought at a flea market & I haven't gotten around to buying games for it (despite buying the AR that lets me play imports), so it's just been sitting around. I should get around to cleaning it....let alone actually playing it.

Last edited:

arit

Oct 29, 2017
Edit: Oh geez, now I'm thinking how cool it'd be if I could make mini versions of old Sega arcade games like Hang-on or Outrun. Or like a mini Dance Dance Revolution cabinet. My mind is thinking up too many mini versions of stuff I'd love to make.

5 years ago there was at least a Hang-On kit by wave:
www.1999.co.jp

Hang-On Arcade Machine [Ride On Type] (Plastic model) - HobbySearch Gundam Kit/etc. Store

Our shop retails 1/12 Hang-On Arcade Machine [Ride On Type] (Plastic model) Hang-On Wave GM-016 Gundam Kit/etc on the Web. - Adhesive-free snap-fit \u200b\u200btype - Accessories: 1/12 screen photo card for scale monitor, marking seal - Work appeared: [Hang] - Appeared in 1985 as the first...

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
5 years ago there was at least a Hang-On kit by wave:
www.1999.co.jp

Hang-On Arcade Machine [Ride On Type] (Plastic model) - HobbySearch Gundam Kit/etc. Store

Our shop retails 1/12 Hang-On Arcade Machine [Ride On Type] (Plastic model) Hang-On Wave GM-016 Gundam Kit/etc on the Web. - Adhesive-free snap-fit \u200b\u200btype - Accessories: 1/12 screen photo card for scale monitor, marking seal - Work appeared: [Hang] - Appeared in 1985 as the first...
Oh damn, I'll have to add this to my list, assuming I can find it for a decent price.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
About that Hang-On kit, I've never bought a Wave kit but whenever I've been tempted, they looked overpriced for what they offered.
I'm not even sure if they do reprints.
They...kind of did a reprint of the Astrocity arcade cabinet one, but instead of Capcom games, it's Sega or Cave. The only difference being some stickers & the little slip of paper with the screenshots. Cost me about $40 via Amazon & took me about an hour despite it being my first model kit. Some of the parts were a bit tight, but I was pleased.

Speaking of, someone modded one of those arcade cabinet kits:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Well I ordered my first Gunpla ever last week.
This fine chap.
71zjtHBuXAL._AC_SL1273_.jpg

I do wonder how hard he's going to be to get together.
But as a veteran of putting togther 40k models for many years I'm not too worried.

Unraveled

Dec 15, 2019
Well, still no sign of the RG Unit-01 from Amazon yet and Gundam Planet still hasn't gotten the 1/60 Mazinger. So in the meantime I'm doing a full paint (minus the white armor) of an MG Astray Blue Frame Second Revise. I haven't gotten very far since I've run out of primer, though it might arrive tomorrow. So, here's a couple WIP pictures:
oBOvo1r.jpg

NPHhFQF.jpg

Edit: the metallic teal color of the back kinda got lost when taking the picture, ugh. You can sort of see it in the shoulder bits and on the front.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'll have to double post since no one posted after me.

HLJ is having a sale on Kotobukiya kits. Some items are out of stock already but they're letting you order them for a potential future restock.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Bummer none of the HMM Zoids kits are on sale

Unfortunately HMM Zoid kits have been slowing down, and most of them are actually sold out in many retailers. Seems they might reissue some of them, though.

Koto has been moving away from licensed stuff for a while now. It's been their lifeblood since they stopped being a garage kit tier company but I guess they feel comfortable enough not to rely on it now.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I know Zoids is coming off/still in a phase of marketing towards a very young audience with the latest show. I don't think they will aim exclusively for the higher end kits for a while longer when cheaper pre-made toys are selling easier. Always wanted one of those Liger Panzer's tho!

Took the last few weeks off kits though since finishing my Gound Type and Ez-8. Wanna jump into finishing my Banshee next instead of going for the Gouf. Wasn't too surprised to see the gunpla kits really flying off the shelves here though in Japan. It really is a good weekend/several day killer when you should be at home.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Unfortunately HMM Zoid kits have been slowing down, and most of them are actually sold out in many retailers. Seems they might reissue some of them, though.

Koto has been moving away from licensed stuff for a while now. It's been their lifeblood since they stopped being a garage kit tier company but I guess they feel comfortable enough not to rely on it now.
Funny you say that because the HMM line has just restarted in the last 6 months after a year or so hiatus with lots of reissues and colour swaps coming out each month atm and a few entirely new Koto Zoids coming out later this year.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm able to paint in my basement, where I have a table with my homemade paint booth directly in front of an egress window. I use dryer vent tubing to run the booth fan exhaust out the window. I close the window on the tubing to keep it in place, and I have thick bubble wrap to fill the rest of the window with in winter. It does a pretty good job keeping fumes down. If I bought a better fan it might be even better, but I went cheap to start with.

OP
OP

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
First quarantine build (mostly) done.
I'm planning on painting the blue parts in two-tone titanium.

Until then.. I present the P-Bandai RG Tallgeese III
qz0bqcl1uvt41.jpg

EDIT:
Another look
7sx11zligxt41.jpg

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*sees only 2 more DoDonPachi model kits up on ebay*

Welp, I screwed myself over by waiting too long & not getting one for $80ish, I figured might as well get it before I can no longer find one for a decent price & paid about $120. Higher than I want to, but ah well. It'll be one of my last "fun" purchases with all the unemployment money.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took about a week but I finished up my MG Ex-S Gundam.

There wasn't anything overly complicated. Then again I've already built S and Deep Striker so a good bit of this kit felt familiar. And I'm honestly glad I got the 1.5 over the older version. I was more of a fan of the blue/white/red but after building this I've come around to the predominantly blue color scheme.

VNXZD61.jpg

1sjrvrq.jpg

And the obligatory family photo.

PtxoLhM.jpg

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Small update. I love how Alclads paint, I hate that I have to wait a day for the base coats to cure properly -- and when you have limited alligator clips... it slows my process down. A lot.

Either way here's my current progress.
All the blue bits are done with gloss black coat > 3 parts chrome 1 part black chrome > Blue clear on top coat.
The gold Crest is done with Gaia Star bright gold.

The backpack thrusters and the shield are next -- and the brown tubing on the gun will be done with a mix of exhaust manifold and copper.
93935623_10157270500122742_1822341717316075520_o.jpg

I LOVE the contrast of the titanium blue to the stark white.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys think this would be an big enough to be an ok light box? It's about 1' by 9" by 2'
oxbgFsG.jpg

That and still thinking about painting that shin Mazinger Z I have(well at least the main body if not the jet pack). Like I said I have some acrylics from a miniatures learn to paint kit around and a can of regular gray spray primer(if needed)... would probably need a top coat question would be gloss or matte

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys think this would be an big enough to be an ok light box? It's about 1' by 9" by 2'
oxbgFsG.jpg

That and still thinking about painting that shin Mazinger Z I have(well at least the main body if not the jet pack). Like I said I have some acrylics from a miniatures learn to paint kit around and a can of regular gray spray primer(if needed)... would probably need a top coat question would be gloss or matte

Oh it would be more than suitable I reckon.
What are you going to use to light it up?