• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can't compare TFLOPS of AMD and Nvidia GPUs for gaming performance.

Also yesterday the digital foundry video showed Gears 5 getting 2080 performance at the initial port onto the new Xbox.

honestly, i'm just trying to wrap my head around how they are getting the performance and not charging $600 or more (obviously we dont' know the price, but many people around here seem to think it wont be that much).

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I wonder if we'll actually get to see the console's design tomorrow. What kind of black box will it be?

Also I'm not really worried about the PS5's power when compared to the XBSX. It's clear PS has some megaton game announcements for this console in the future, in the end it's all about the games and I still don't see Xbox making a comeback in that department.

You don't see MS making a comeback? You do realize how their studios have grown, right? I would say it's at least very promising, let's wait and see what these new games will be all about.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they show some next-gen games. All those teraflops mean nothing without games and graphics using them. Minecraft with Raytracing ain't it for me.

Nov 29, 2018
I just want to echo some other posters that (for me) the noise level of the PS5 is a concern.
I mean, I'm going to buy it anyways but my PS4 pro fans are always on even if I'm just watching Netflix or playing Stardew Valley for fucks sake.
Make it silent Sony, you fuckers! Lol 😶🤣😡

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I find it weird how people are looking at the specs of the machine and trying to work out price based on what they can get at a store. If anyone thinks MS & Sony are paying anywhere near the same for their CPUs/RAM modules/SSDs as Joe Bloggs on the street is they're insane.

Especially in Sony's case, they can work out insane deals with manufacturers riding on the success of PS4. They can realistically plan for 100M units and get pricing that reflects that.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the console is at least 12TFLOPS if they are doing it 2 days after Series X specs reveal

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Go Cerny !
I take they aren't showing the console yet but still exciting.

#teamweaker&cheaper

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get how some people can think "deep dive" means "broad generalities". You really think Sony is going to roll out their lead architect and all he's going to say is the PS5 is fast without giving specifics?

Deep dive into system architecture. The nitty gritty shit. Not stuff most people care about like the games, what it looks like, the price, etc.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Please, please, PLEASE SONY MAKE THE DAMN THING SILENT.
Thanks to Stadia, GFN and xCloud I never use my Ps4Pro anymore, but my son does.

Last week it was so loud I came from upstairs to the basement to see wtf was going on, no clue how long it has been that loud but hopefully it survives long enough to let me trade in for the new consoles lol

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Last one was a lot of fun so looking forward to this one as well!

Wonder when they'll do the actual presentation.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Cerny the Chaos Bringer.
GJ8PLvt.gif

Tomorrow will be a bloodbath.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really hope they show some games. The XSX demos, while neat showing technical features, aren't alone what I am looking for. I mean even seeing the new FFVIIR footage recently, the asset quality in that easily suprasses what is shown in say Gears 5 to me. That is the other side of the coin. Want to see better asset quality and geometry, phyiscs along with effects like raytracing. Hellblade 2 ballpark is what I want to be seeing.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would that be hilarious? Ps4 and xbox one were very similar and next gen is rumored to be similar. It wouldn't exactly be unexpected.

They weren't really that similar in performance, though they were in terms of GPU and CPU architecture. The PS4 actually had a 40% performance advantage, not to mention better ram set up too.

The rumoured differences this time around are less than 20%.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Some metrics about that PlayStation tweet

With more than 47.6k likes, the tweet entered top 10 most liked tweet from PlayStation main channel
Surpassing the previous #10 which was Insomniac joining WWS (47.2k)

EDIT : Too fast, now with more than 48.5k likes, it is the 8th most liked tweet from PlayStation main channel
Surpassing Raimi suit announcement for Spider-man (47.8k) and 1st Wired article about PS5 (48.1k)

Now 6th most liked tweet from PlayStation main channel with over 54k
Surpassing the tweet announcing TLOU Part II original release date (53.3k) and ID change feature announcement (53.7k)

Next step, the tweet about PS2 turnable logo (part of 20th year anniversary of PS2 series of tweet) with over 60.1k

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
I just want to echo some other posters that (for me) the noise level of the PS5 is a concern.
I mean, I'm going to buy it anyways but my PS4 pro fans are always on even if I'm just watching Netflix or playing Stardew Valley for fucks sake.
Make it silent Sony, you fuckers! Lol 😶🤣😡

My launch PS4 was loud, then I got the PS4 pro (hoping that it wouldn't be as loud) but it turned out to be even louder.
I can't remember what it's like to have a silent console anymore, they need to fix this shit.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It's chunky yes but I think it looks good. To someone without any idea of what it was I reckon they'd assume it was some sort of speaker/audio equipment.
Aesthetically it looks good, very minimalistic and clean. But it won't fit in my setup. I wish they would release something that looked like the dev kit:

lbhJB6K.jpg

I hope the PS5 has a more traditional design so I can just replace my PS4 with it in the same spot.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
If it was supposed to be a GDC event the timing makes more sense. Still dumb to do this. Holding a normal press conference to reveal the games, specs, and release info would be far better. Especially since they're skipping having mid-summer E3-like event.

All of this just seems like Sony's unorganized and that their major console plans have been changing constantly.

Are you aware of what is happening in the world right now? Are some of you posting from Mars?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Can't wait to find out exactly how identical it is to the XBsX.
Pretty much which is really why console wars are so lame now. It is no longer that a game cannot be played on the console due to it's unique architecture, rather the company either owns the IP or has exclusivity deals.

It will be Sony first party vs Gamepass and all of which could just be played on a PC if allowed

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
People are definitely going to be disappointed by this. It's not the full reveal, it's just Cerny talking about some tech stuff for a while.

Yup. The funny part is...that's exactly what Sony tweeted about. It's mostly technical stuff and a few functionalities the PS5 will have. I'm already ready for the typical "bUt wHeRe aRe ThE GaMeS?" POSTS.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting 13tf but not bothered if it's lower. What a great week, pandemic aside. An incredible showing from MS yesterday and I'm anticipating and incredible breakdown from Sony. This next gen is going to be dope!

Status
Not open for further replies.