Status
Not open for further replies.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Congrats on the sex.
200.gif

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I've been looking forward to the next PS5 event for months so was happy to hear we were getting one on Wednesday, but now I have a first date lined up for Wednesday evening with an incredible girl that I can't just blow off for video game news.
This is a travesty. Not even attempting to humblebrag.
Pray for me.
"Shemhazai, I really like you. I know it's soon, but I really think there's something here."
"I'm sorry, what was that? I just got a notification that the Demon's Souls trailer dropped. Just gimme one second. Also, do you have any black blindfolds?"

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Until Dawn so much! Played it multiple times and hade game nights with friends where we chose one character each and tried to survive!
Exactly what I did, too. One of my favourite games and one of THE best new IPs of this gen. I want a sequel asap! :(
(Man of Medan sucked hard.)

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
"Shemhazai, I really like you. I know it's soon, but I really think there's something here."
"I'm sorry, what was that? I just got a notification that the Demon's Souls trailer dropped. Just gimme one second. Also, do you have any black blindfolds?"
Thing is, you're joking but I am quite likely going to be taking every opportunity to see if the Demon's Souls footage drops so I can apologise, press pause on the date, and watch it.
I'm sure she'll understand. Right?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
An Until Dawn 2 would have to be something like American Horror Story. Where it's part of the same brand but a completely different story. There's really nothing for them to do with the story in the original as far as a sequel goes.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Oh okay, it could be that yeah. But for a RPG, it has good legs.

Yeah. One thing I find surprising is that the physical price hasn't really go down significantly in UK, I usually buy games from there since the prices drop really quickly. It launched 5 months ago, last year I bought Kingdom Hearts III for 20€ in June lol

Pandemic is certainly a factor (smaller shipments) but I doubt it's just that, game seems to be performing quite well. Games like Nioh 2 and Doom Eternal dropped very quickly.

Spider-Man still in the top 10 😁👍

Nothing is touching Spider-Man LTD sales from Sony.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An Until Dawn 2 would have to be something like American Horror Story. Where it's part of the same brand but a completely different story. There's really nothing for them to do with the story in the original as far as a sequel goes.
Of course. New characters (maybe a cameo), no area, new urban legends. Let's do this. A nice AAA sequel to Until Dawn.

Aug 4, 2020
Are Supermassive working on a PS4 exclusive? They said they were making 8 games for their Dark Pictures anthology. I guess they can pump them out quick and then work on a big title for Sony only.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Of course. New characters (maybe a cameo), no area, new urban legends. Let's do this. A nice AAA sequel to Until Dawn.

They hired horror writers for the original game. If they want to do that again they should really try to get Mike Flanagan. He wrote/directed Hush and created The House of... series for Netflix.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point everybody (except a few crazies maybe) is expecting $399/$499.

The real shock would be to see the PS5 @ $399, with the digital at $349.
Now that would be insanity (to be clear, not expecting it at all. I think $399/$499 would be very well positioned).
I don't think that's gonna happen due to the fact almost everyone will buy the disc version over the digital at that price.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Exactly what I did, too. One of my favourite games and one of THE best new IPs of this gen. I want a sequel asap! :(
(Man of Medan sucked hard.)
I personally didn't think Man of Medan sucked (espacially if you played online with a friend) but it wasn't Until Dawn level.

Are Supermassive working on a PS4 exclusive? They said they were making 8 games for their Dark Pictures anthology. I guess they can pump them out quick and then work on a big title for Sony only.
They never said it was "PS4" exclusive. Just that it was Playstation exclusives (could be PS5 maybe).

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Online was the worst part and made no sense. Ruined the whole pacing, story and game. Awful.
Sorry you had that experience. Maybe me and my friends (played 2 sessions with 2 friends) synced better or I just enjoyed what the multiplayer did. Was like Until Dawn + A way out.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I just need to know Horizon forbidden west release date cause that's the day I'm planning on getting a PS5.

If any version gets below 399 then I'll probably buy one in spring.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
8 The Dark Pictures parts, signed a deal with Google Stadio and are working with Sony on "PlayStation exclusives" (if it didn't get canceled yet).
They're busy. Maybe too busy....
My favorite thing about Until Dawn is how deftly it mixes genres: starts as a slasher, turns into a haunted house/asylum, and then into a creature feature!
Well said :) Until Dawn was almost perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.