It's all good, it's all good..
tenor.gif

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
From ubisoft
www.resetera.com

Ubisioft: Retail game margins are 55% (vs 70% digital), Sony/MS/Nintendo take $12 in COGS per game

25% is the retailer's margin ($15 at $60, $5 at $20). 20% is the licensing fee + cost of goods from Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo for making a retail game ($12, and from previous conversations with industry figures, this is static regardless what you're charging). By comparison, it's a flat 30% with...
So Sony increase their revenue from 20% to 30% on third party studio and from 80% to 100% on first party studios.
100$ is nothing in the 7 years lifspan of the console.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I barely use my disc drive as is, but the Family Video near me closing permanently due to the pandemic and the fact that Redbox stopped renting games is really making the DE look so much better in my eyes. I've only rented a couple of games this entire generation anyway.

Most of my movie watching is done through streaming services already. I also don't really trade in or sell my old games, so that isn't much of an issue for me.

Maybe I'll use the savings on DE to get a large external drive for cold storage.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It would be nice to see confirmation of what gameplays we will see, surprises are good but we already have some idea of what will appear, so the most obvious choices like Horizon and Demon's would increase the hype a lot with a tweet like:
This Wednesday, see the first glance of Next-Gen Boletaria on PS5's showcase.
Umbasa.

Alongside a cool gif or something.

Apr 29, 2020
I hope everything is a surprise, like in the june event. No one predicted Ratchet and Spiderman, same with many many games there. Horizon 2 was a pretty clear one. I wish we get many surprises

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope everything is a surprise, like in the june event. No one predicted Ratchet and Spiderman, same with many many games there. Horizon 2 was a pretty clear one. I wish we get many surprises
I did. I was saying for months that a new Ratchet game will be at the first reveal event. But two Insomniac games, with Spider-Man... THAT was a suprise ;)

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Maybe Supermassive Games will show up? They did say they are working on PS exclusives if I remember right.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I've been looking forward to the next PS5 event for months so was happy to hear we were getting one on Wednesday, but now I have a first date lined up for Wednesday evening with an incredible girl that I can't just blow off for video game news.
This is a travesty. Not even attempting to humblebrag.
Pray for me.

Aug 4, 2020
Madden already 6th in 2020 with 2 days of sales counted. Sports games will never improve.

I think Ghost will overtake FF7 Remake by the end of year.

Last of Us 2 still going strong.

Overall killer year for Sony.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Its a bit lonely on my PSN account, does anyone want to be my friend or follow me? I want to show off my 2 Platinum trophies. My ID is Megabreath :)

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I've been looking forward to the next PS5 event for months so was happy to hear we were getting one on Wednesday, but now I have a first date lined up for Wednesday evening with an incredible girl that I can't just blow off for video game news.
This is a travesty. Not even attempting to humblebrag.
Pray for me.
Congrats on the sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.