• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
meanwhile Death Stranding PC is getting review bombed. According to an italian site it's due to Cyberpunk content

Death Stranding user reviews

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.
Nobody should give a damn about fan reviews / user scores.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
I hope so, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

I don't understand the logic here. Bend already houses 140+ employees in a new building that SIE built for them, and they're based in Oregon of all places.

Like, compared to the running cost of SIE's studios just in California, the value of them producing an AAA game at a cheaper cost is significant for SIE.

Where is the logic of shuttering that? The only concern for Bend studio should be convincing talent to live in Oregon.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the logic here. Bend already houses 140+ employees in a new building that SIE built for them, and they're based in Oregon of all places.

Like, compared to the running cost of SIE's studios just in California, the value of them producing an AAA game at a cheaper cost is significant for SIE.

Where is the logic of shuttering that? The only concern for Bend studio should be convincing talent to live in Oregon.
Even tho Oregon is beautiful.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Sucker Punch really deserves some Studio of the Year nods, imo. A relatively small team (by AAA standards) that put out an extremely polished game day 1, and then continued with an absurd amount of post-launch support, including a whole damn multiplayer mode, completely free of charge. All during a pandemic.

Not sure what the crunch situation there is like, but if they were able to do all that with little to no crunch, it's incredibly impressive.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
What is the chance after all this shit that MS tries to buy CDPR? If it happens Sony will have wrpgs only from BioWare and Larian.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Among Us Racers & Fighters.
indreams.me

Among The Racers!

Race or...Detonate to your heart's content in a brand new racing game from DownerIsland. <br>Watch how I made it here: YouTube.com/DownerIsland<br>Support my projects here: www.Patreon.com/DownerIsland<br>Stay updated here: www.Twitter.com/DownerIsland
indreams.me

Among The Fighters!

I literally enjoyed playing Among Us so much I turned it into a 3D fighting game lol. Watch how I made it here: YouTube.com/DownerIsland Support my projects here: www.Patreon.com/DownerIsland Stay updated here: www.Twitter.com/DownerIsland

Dreams community music.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
What is the chance after all this shit that MS tries to buy CDPR? If it happens Sony will have wrpgs only from BioWare and Larian.

Even with its stock price dropping so much, CDPR is still very expensive ($8.4 billion) and would likely cost about 20% more than that to acquire. They CAN buy them, of course, but I doubt even MS wants to pay that for a studio that's taken a pr hit and only produces one or two games a gen.

They got Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom and all the rest of Zenimax's studios for less than that.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017

Even with its stock price dropping so much, CDPR is still very expensive ($8.4 billion) and would likely cost about 20% more than that to acquire. They CAN buy them, of course, but I doubt even MS wants to pay that for a studio that's taken a pr hit and only produces one or two games a gen.
Agree with you Ariakon44.

None to very low (in my opinion). CDPR doesn't seem like the type of acquisitions Xbox has been making. The developer CDPR is part of the larger CD Project organization, which includes GOG. It's a big organization, which has a very low games output, featuring IP it doesn't own. It'd be a bad buy.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Agree with you Ariakon44.

None to very low (in my opinion). CDPR doesn't seem like the type of acquisitions Xbox has been making. The developer CDPR is part of the larger CD Project organization, which includes GOG. It's a big organization, which has a very low games output, featuring IP it doesn't own. It'd be a bad buy.
You've also got the Polish state pumping money into CDPR, nobody is buying them. Not that I think they want to be bought out anyway.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

This one is really good. 👀
EpiBUyTU0AAm2Fh

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
You've got to be sorry for the devs who are on the front lines working to fix this absolute mess of a situation, the higher ups at CDPR have failed them.
I can't say I'm surprised, drum up all the hype in the world for 7-8 years and this is the result.

Now you know why Rockstar only announces games when they're ready to be announced.

Honestly, my sympathy for the devs at CDPR is kind of limited. Who I really feel for is the poor fuckers working support for pretty much every digital store where you can buy the game right now.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It's really good to see that CDP getting that much blow back from both platform holders.

I wish Microsoft went a step further just like Sony, but at least they are not giving them a pass.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation.Blog 2020 Game of the Year: The winners

With over 2.5 million votes across 17 categories, it's PS Blog's biggest GOTY celebration yet.

Best Use of DualSense
  1. Astro's Playroom
  2. Miles Morales
  3. Black Ops Cold War
  4. Demon's Souls

I haven't played Cold War or Demon's Souls remastered (yet) but I can say without any doubt that Sackboy ABA has far, far superior DualSense support than Miles Morales. Second only to Astro from what I've played.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation.Blog 2020 Game of the Year: The winners

With over 2.5 million votes across 17 categories, it's PS Blog's biggest GOTY celebration yet.

Best Use of DualSense
  1. Astro's Playroom
  2. Miles Morales
  3. Black Ops Cold War
  4. Demon's Souls

I haven't played Cold War or Demon's Souls remastered (yet) but I can say without any doubt that Sackboy ABA has far, far superior DualSense support than Miles Morales. Second only to Astro from what I've played.

Miles Morales doesn't belong anywhere within that list, to be honest. Cold War, Sackboy, and even Borderlands 3 all make much better use of the Dualsense, in my opinion.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Honestly, my sympathy for the devs at CDPR is kind of limited. Who I really feel for is the poor fuckers working support for pretty much every digital store where you can buy the game right now.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the devs at CDPR. Management and Executives are the ones who gave the game the green light and decided to sell it.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Bend is beautiful, but its kinda expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.