• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Nothing can stop the consolidation train.
tumblr_maavhneTEA1qdyrbwo4_250.gifv
Ha.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they'd be "just" a PC port studio ?

www.youtube.com

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Creating the PC Version

Find out how Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes and AMD collaborated to create the PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.DX12 Support for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is no...

short glimpse, but you get the point. You can also ask about why you'd need to work with an internal Art Director too (higher graphical options, better textures, better lighting etc.). It's often important when a game is already in development, but post-release (aka. launched on PS5) requires such effort as you're re-releasing the game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah I wonder why they don't count VASG but Nixxes, etc...

Got it lol
Precious Tritium made a pretty good point, could be this:
I think there is a difference between a studio like Nixxes that while a support studio also leads development of ports of games. They have their own projects that they ship, even if they aren't the original developer.
Whereas Studio Malaysia is a support studio and is never going to "ship" a game.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't think they both would tease something that we know (in that case Bluepoint). So Lucid (but I don't think Shinobi would tease something about his old company) or Ember Lab ? They were quick with Housemarque.

Can't say I have high hopes for it myself

I've always said destruction all stars team should be the one to do it. Mechanically, graphically, and presentation wise destruction all stars is a great game, its the overall gameplay loop and shallowness of it that killed it for me.

I have no doubt in my mind they will do twisted metal justice

This will be a nice redemption arc for Lucid
Exactly my take. There a good game here, but they didn't found the right mix.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
And they arent counting some other support-only studios. Before the Nixxes acquisition, Xdev's place in PS Studios was probably pretty nebulous.
They were named XDev Europe before but I don't really see how the purpose has changed massively since Nixxes. Don't they still collaborate with and produce third-party studios working on first-party games, but now on a global scale?

I see XDev as a support studio in a project management sense and Nixxes more in the technical management side.
Yeah, that's a good distinction.

Ember Lab with Sony funding and QA could make something absolutely phenomenal.
I'd be stoked if they end up working with XDev on their next project.

Oct 27, 2017
My bet is also on Bluepoint and maybe Lucid.

If the rumours about Twisted Metal are true then Lucid must go to the top of the speculation table regarding acquisitions. Regardless of its sales performance Sony must have been happy with Destruction Allstars if they're handing over an important legacy IP for Lucid to work on next.

Personally if there's news coming soon I hope it's about Helldivers 2!

Det

Jul 30, 2020
If the rumours about Twisted Metal are true then Lucid must go to the top of the speculation table regarding acquisitions. Regardless of its sales performance Sony must have been happy with Destruction Allstars if they're handing over an important legacy IP for Lucid to work on next.

Personally if there's news coming soon I hope it's about Helldivers 2!

I highly doubt they are thrilled with the performance of Destruction Allstars. They may see that the foundations Lucid created were well suited to a new TM game, however.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just started death stranding and I have no fucking idea what's going on but I'm pretty hooked. Lmao.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Sony does approach acquisitions with the team's potential in mind above their commercial viability. Talent speaks louder than sales units to Sony. Returnal isn't a multi-million seller, but it's a great fucking game and Housemarque is a really talented team. Firesprite is a huge team that's rapidly growing. Nixxes does stellar work with PC porting. Sony is looking at the long-term with their acquisitions and we'll see how much they'll consolidate in the coming years.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
In this day age its inevitable that more acquisitions will happen in the industry. It may very well be the final confirmation of Blue Point or someone we aren't thinking of like Firesprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.