Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Just started death stranding and I have no fucking idea what's going on but I'm pretty hooked. Lmao.
Death Stranding:
929ca0073f1cfe798ad0674138a84e79b001dec9_hq.gif

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
When it is a low month on PS+, why can't Sony just toss in a first party title they didn't add to the service instead?

Like Gravity Rush or Knack II? 🤔

I always wondered that. They did kind of do it the one time when they yoinked PES for Detroit, though that wasn't technically first party, just an IP they own. Why they don't just foist in Dreams or something I'll never know.

Also, MKX is just weird. It's a great game, but it's practically an antique as far as these services go. MK11 routinely sells for less than $20, did Hell Let Loose really take up that much of the budget this month?

DonAntti

Mar 11, 2019
Finland
Jimbo is about to pull a baller move that will (Bio)shock the world! A Civilization of studios will join the PlayStation Studios Mafia! After this acquisition, Jimbo will take the rest of the year off to party like a Rockstar
1f440.png

I'm going to guess it's about Bluepoint acquisition

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
With all the acquisition talk I'm just gonna throw a wild idea based on absolutely nothing out there: buy the WB Studios without DC licenses and have them all work on Marvel games set in the Earth-1048 universe. But yeah if Sony is indeed gonna acquire even more studios I'm not expecting it to be anything on that scale but just individual studios like Sony has always done.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Really hope sony comes through with the Emberlabs offer…. LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

FAaTGIYXIAIYFOU

Jimbo is about to pull a baller move that will (Bio)shock the world! A Civilization of studios will join the PlayStation Studios Mafia! After this acquisition, Jimbo will take the rest of the year off to party like a Rockstar
1f440.png

I'm going to guess it's about Bluepoint acquisition

It's Square'ly going to be a smaller studio that we expect is my guess.

It will certainly put a CAP on the COMmunity discussion.

Wait what is happening? Am I missing out some big news or rumor? 🤔

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
With all the acquisition talk I'm just gonna throw a wild idea based on absolutely nothing out there: buy the WB Studios without DC licenses and have them all work on Marvel games set in the Earth-1048 universe. But yeah if Sony is indeed gonna acquire even more studios I'm not expecting it to be anything on that scale but just individual studios like Sony has always done.
Yeah teases aside I doubt Sony would ever buy a publisher. I doubt they'd ever go that far.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I'm gonna be disappointed if there really is an acquisition and we didn't get the "Jim Ryan's Cinematic Universe" OT

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
WB games are probably not worth getting without the licenses but that's still a lot of talented devs to make new IPs so it wouldn't have been a bad idea. That said I think AT&T was asking for a price not worth it for any buyer. These studios aren't worth billions without the Batman/Harry Potter licenses

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm not bothered by Lucid making Twisted Metal. The gameplay in Destruction was a lot of fun and the game had a ton of personality, it was just the lack of modes and gameplay variety that hampered it. If they have more time and money I'm sure they can make something worthy of the franchise. I mean, it'll probably at least be better than 3 and 4.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
WB games are probably not worth getting without the licenses but that's still a lot of talented devs to make new IPs so it wouldn't have been a bad idea. That said I think AT&T was asking for a price not worth it for any buyer. These studios aren't worth billions without the Batman/Harry Potter licenses

Nah, there's still a lot of quality in those studios. And new IPs are always a possibility.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Good thing I haven't missed the party yet of whatever going to be announced. 😄

And God of War wins the poll.

carl-chef-kiss.gif

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the diverse lineup of characters and stuff too. I think the lack of pre-release marketing compared to other launch-window games, the initial $70 price tag and the confusing PS+ offering but still $20 release made it a hard game to land especially when the install base was still very small during the time it was available for free.

Ideally Sony should have pushed the release to this summer/fall, given Lucid more time to produce content and for the install base to grow, and it could have been a different story.

the diversity was good but ultimately they didn't really have any personality

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
www.youtube.com

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Creating the PC Version

Find out how Eidos-Montréal, Nixxes and AMD collaborated to create the PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.DX12 Support for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is no...

short glimpse, but you get the point. You can also ask about why you'd need to work with an internal Art Director too (higher graphical options, better textures, better lighting etc.). It's often important when a game is already in development, but post-release (aka. launched on PS5) requires such effort as you're re-releasing the game.

Yeah that makes sense :)

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Amen to that.

Your post actually made me put A Plague Tale PS5 on my list of games to play.
I have it in my library but I never got around to playing it.

I played it when it first came out, but it sounds like the new version is doing all sorts of cool stuff with the controller, so now I have to give it a look.

Cool, I hope you enjoy it!

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Well assuming we're not just getting hard trolled, I guess if we hear something then it's either going to be Lucid, Bluepoint or something completely out of left field that no one's going to predict, like Shift Up (Project Eve) or something. Assuming it's announcement will be dropped alongside that "Fireside Chat".

Jimbo about to go Roosevelt on everyone and hit us with the New Deal.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I feel like it's going to be something out of the left field. Hello Games or something like that.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020

Sony buying the namesake game studio of one of their major competitors (Warners Brothers) would be insane.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see WB games willing to sell the MK IP along with Netherealm Studios or at least the video game rights to MK in perpetuity.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What if it's a big mobile acquisition?

Sony at some point splashing some cash on that is actually very realistic if they are ever gonna take mobile gaming seriously

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Didn't Hulst say quite recently that all their acquistions are very carefully planned out aka teams we've worked with before. So you'd reckon it's like Bluepoint/Lucid/Ember Labs.

Yeah, this is the most logical and reasonable take. It'll probably be a familiar name we're all expecting, maybe one that Sony already accidentally announced itself, for example.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Didn't Hulst say quite recently that all their acquistions are very carefully planned out aka teams we've worked with before. So you'd reckon it's like Bluepoint/Lucid/Ember Labs.
All acquisitions are carefully planned out, otherwise we wouldn't get any acquisitions. Sony will eventually make less predictable acquisitions once they absorb their closest partners first. I expect very aggressive consolidation this generation from all fronts, including Sony.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If it was some big acquisition we'd have some buzz from multiple places so I am guessing instead it is something under the current Sony expectations, with it either being a studio we expect or a studio around the same size as the ones Sony has been acquiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.