Status
Not open for further replies.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
As I already mentioned, Bloober Team has no poker face and refuses to lie. They made it obvious that they were working on a Silent Hill months before their partnership with Konami was even announced.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Bloober Team hints it could be working on Silent Hill… but it’s not the only one | VGC

Medium dev says its next game is based on an existing horror IP from 'a famous publisher'

Even in the more recent interview, they dropped this:

There word is probably more credible than "Jeff Grubb says he heard some things."

Read my post above I tagged you in. I'm willing to bet you (nothing) it does happen. Just for fun, in the fake-e3 spirit.

Oct 27, 2017
Watched this video about weird alien concepts on gas planets and thought that we don't have enough games with weird ass monsters/creatures/ecosystems.

That video reminded of NMS. There's a bunch of crazy world and creatures there but the game is clearly held back by the tech(and last gen hardware) behind it. I'm expecting a massive leap in the sequel. With current gen hardware I'd imagine a game like that will finally show it's true potential.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
Games Journalists are apparently not aloud to talk about video games if it's not directly related to their jobs unless they construct a massive neon sign that says "this is my opinion" and deliver it personally to your house.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
With this confirmation about DS2, makes me wanna cop the upgrade and replay the first. Been wanting to dive back in, and now seems like a good time.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
People really seem to get worked up about insiders no matter what. I get Grubb doesn't exactly shower playstation with praise or have a lot of leaks for PS but the guy clearly knows stuff and stats when he's actually leaking something or just speculating.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Grubb likes to talk about video games, and he usually talks about them like a normal person. Most people, however, read everything he says in the context of him being an insider/journalist which gets him into trouble. I don't think he does this intentionally.

Honestly. This is the same crap that has made other insiders run away from this site in the past.

Insider: "Yea, I would like to see developer 'X' make a sequel to franchise 'Y'."
ERA: "OMG, insider just confirmed that we are getter a sequel!!!"
Insider: "No I didn't."
ERA: "JESUS, YOU INSIDERS ARE ALL LIERS!!!!!!!!"

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly. This is the same crap that has made other insiders run away from this site in the past.

Insider: "Yea, I would like to see developer 'X' make a sequel to franchise 'Y'."
ERA: "OMG, insider just confirmed that we are getter a sequel!!!"
Insider: "No I didn't."
ERA: "JESUS, YOU INSIDERS ARE ALL LIERS!!!!!!!!"
Some folks devolve into children and don't know how to address people as Human beings when they get uppity over insider talk. Those folks need to grow the fuck up.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Just saw Grubb saying that it makes sense that Kojima would be working on Death Stranding 2 as the first one sold well but he isn't sure if Sony would pick it up or if someone like 505 would publish it instead.

It's a Sony IP. If DS2 is in development then it's obviously funded by Sony.

Edit: I also don't think that 505 will be involved with the PC version this time.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Just saw Grubb saying that it makes sense that Kojima would be working on Death Stranding 2 as the first one sold well but he isn't sure if Sony would pick it up or if someone like 505 would publish it instead.

Yup, Kojima and Sony are still as close as can be it seems, so if there's another Death Stranding in the works then 100% it's with Sony and I'd be willing to bet that Sony will be doing the publishing to PC this time

sujay

Oct 27, 2017
At0O5Fl.jpg

Season 3 of Love Death and Robots's episode "In Vaulted Halls Entombed" (out today) was created in Unreal Engine by Sony Pictures Imageworks with PlayStation Studios Visual Arts. (from the credits)

More info from an older interview with director Jerome Chen.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

Edit: I also don't think that 505 will be involved with the PC version this time.
Not even sure how one can forget that Sony owns the IP.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I mean its probably not likely, but its not impossible that if Sony were not interested in continuing DS, but Kojima was, they'd work out some agreement to let him take the IP to an external partner/publisher to work on the game like 505, as sort of a good will gesture to keep a popular collaborator of theirs in their graces. I do sort of feel like this is unlikely because if it were the case it have happened with DS Director's Cut first, but like I said, not impossible.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
At0O5Fl.jpg

Season 3 of Love Death and Robots's episode "In Vaulted Halls Entombed" (out today) was created in Unreal Engine by Sony Pictures Imageworks with PlayStation Studios Visual Arts. (from the credits)

More info from an older interview with director Jerome Chen.

I haven't gotten to this episode yet, but the whole idea of this series as a whole is fantastic. The second episode (the one with Troy Baker) of this new season is sensational. I wouldn't complain to see a ND pirate game in that style.

It would be nice to see PlayStation Productions producing shorts in this style (10~20 min) with the help of the game studios themselves.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So…EA…
I think it's pretty obvious that Sony is probably not gonna be interested in them despite having a pretty good hold of IPs and devs.

Even so, this is year is getting kinda ridiculous; Activision sells, EA wants to sell, Ubisoft may be acquired and Square unloaded their western devs. Not looking forward to the rest of the year.

Oct 25, 2017
So…EA…
I think it's pretty obvious that Sony is probably not gonna be interested in them despite having a pretty good hold of IPs and devs.

Even so, this is year is getting kinda ridiculous; Activision sells, EA wants to sell, Ubisoft may be acquired and Square unloaded their western devs. Not looking forward to the rest of the year.

5 years from now. This industry is going to look so different.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
EA makes no sense as 1st party acquisition, their business is largely mobile games, Apex Legends, and licensed sports titles

It's pretty telling they're trying to merge with a big media conglomerate

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has PS Mobile that they are building up behind the scenes and eventually it will need to be fed but I don't see Sony ever touching Ubi or EA as acquisition targets.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't Dusk Golem said Death Stranding flopped?

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
There's a bigger chance that Sony goes for WB gaming division, EA would be a 50 billion acquisition and there's 0 chance that Sony goes for a merger.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
I enjoyed death stranding for what it was, but the story was either really, really bad or really, really good, sometimes in the same scene. I guess the same could be said of the gameplay. However, I loved the online parts of the game, and I was addicted to building roads and bridges for other people.

I'd definitely play a sequel, and I think a few tweaks could be made to the formula to smooth over the rough edges.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
Merging with EA only really makes sense if Playstation goes third party so they can become a mega-publisher. I don't see how owning EA would really benefit their platform at all.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Merging with EA only really makes sense if Playstation goes third party so they can become a mega-publisher. I don't see how owning EA would really benefit their platform at all.

EA makes a butt load off of annual Madden/FIFA games so even though those would remain multi-plat games, that would still be serious revenue coming in.

The price is probably way too high for Sony to seriously consider it though.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
I have to come to defend Grubb again. He's literally just speculating. "I really don't think" "I don't know". Insiders are allowed to speculate as well, not everything he says is things he has inside knowledge about. This is not the gotcha you think it is.

To be fair, he's clearly just giving his opinion there. It's not being presented as insider info. Though I agree he's clearly wrong here.

He also claimed that Bloober Team is developing a faithful remake of Silent Hill 2, even though Bloober themselves said that they won't work on an existing franchise unless they can create the story themselves.

(The same developer with no poker face that refuses to lie, won't deny working on Silent Hill in general, and isn't good at keeping secrets.)

My trust in Jeff Grubb is starting to wane.

He never said Death Stranding 2 isn't happening. He just didn't know about it.

Its clear Jeff does have sources and inside info sometimes. But he also talks out of his ass often...

These are just some of the recipts people have on the topic. Grubb is one of many who, through this screen grab and other statements that still exist, have made really bold predictions about Death Stranding 2 under the guise of insider status.

But when you compare the receipts and what is factual you'll find that many have absolutely zero inside info/sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.