Status
Not open for further replies.
CW 44 - PlayStation Blog Roundup
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Alright, coffee's kicking in, time for this week's...

PlayStation Blog Roundup!!!

We got some notable announcements and interesting blog posts this week, so let's see what Sony published for the week of November 4th!

Monday, October 31st

The Devil In Me: Supermassive looks back on Season One of the Dark Pictures Anthology

Tuesday, November 1st
Play the FIFA World Cup 2022 from November 9 on FIFA 23
God of War Ragnarok TV spot shows how all parents can relate

Wednesday, November 2nd
Players' Choice: Vote for October 2022's best new game
PlayStation VR2 launches in February at $549.99
11 new PS VR2 games announced: The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR, Cities VR - Enhanced Edition, Crossfire: Sierra Squad, and more
Bringing characters to life in Sonic Frontiers
Shuhei Yoshida recommends 10 games from the PlayStation Plus Premium Classics Catalog

Thursday, November 3rd
PlayStation Studios Extra Life Game Day Livestream Event, Saturday November 5
How Forspoken's combat works, and why it looks so magical
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/03/how-forspokens-combat-works-and-why-it-looks-so-magical/

Friday, November 4th
How the PS5 brings Lakeshore to life in Need for Speed Unbound
Celebrating 20 years of Ratchet & Clank
Final Fantasy XVI interview: worldbuilding, differing viewpoints and favorite characters
Share of the Week: Haunted

Total blog articles: 14. That's a couple more than last week's. One unrelated thing I want to rant about is how chronologically disorganized the PlayStation Blog is. I nearly missed the "11 new PSVR2" piece because it was sanctioned off to the right side in the "spotlighted" section, which is noticeably much less visible than the primary articles. Also, for some reason, the Ragnarok TV spot article was under the "trending topics" tab but not under the chronological section. It's a bit of a hassle for me who wants to find everything Sony published for the week. Oh well, rant over. Some cool articles here. Lots of really cool behind-the-scenes stuff with the Shuhei piece and the Ratchet and Clank anniversary piece has a ton of really cool information in it. We also got a nice interview from the FF16 article. Really solid week in terms of blog posts!

Anyway, this has been your weekly PlayStation Blog roundup! Thanks to JuanLatino for threadmarking these.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It'll took Bloodborne by Del Toro to make a sequel finally...

ColossalBitesizedDiplodocus-max-1mb.gif

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
It was turned off!

Turn it on for like two weeks and this happens.

Like if any and all swearing is banned under TOS that seems ridiculous but it is what it is. At least the other guy probably caught a ban though I would assume?
Jim gots to protect us children….
I guess in the future to even waste your time replying to folks you dont know.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The idea of movies based on FROM IP is spooky

I guess a pre-shattering Elden Ring show could be cool in the right hands… but at the same time I love how ambiguous their worlds are, tough to preserve that in a linear format like film/tv
I feel like the TV series/film will be about that, visualising the backstory and proving the fan theories right/wrong, giving more context to everything, flashing out characters, could be a pretty interesting approach. As long as it happens a few years later when all the theory discussion is already exhausted, then I think it's a pretty neat way to sustain the public discussion in the IP.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Yeah, enemy variety is definitely something the game is lacking. At the least, they could've given existing enemies different patterns to mix things up.

I really hope the sequel will be a substantial upgrade mainly in terms of combat as I enjoy all other elements of the game, side quests (the main ones) included.
The tales (I think it's the name) that panned through multiple missions was great.
Others were very meh and I skipped most of them. I am also done with "clearing camp" in all open world games.
The lack of neutral NPC in the world kinda killed the immersion. I hope they will improve on that on the sequel.

Overall, the too old combo of : talk with someone, go to the place, find clues, then fight. That need to go. Not entirely of course but you can't do that for 50 "missions".

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
The combat was really too simple and the lack of ennemis varieties don't work for such a long game.

I actually quite liked the simplicity of the combat and how the difficulty is due to the type of weapons and attacks that enemies use. Clearing any enemy camp is never boring because of its style. I haven't felt the lack of enemy variety too. My only complaints with the game are bad stealth mechanics combined with dumb enemy AI, over repetition of fetch quests, hostage missions. I could already see some improvements in some of these in Iki island expansion. I hope the sequel radically improves stealth mechanics and quest design

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Today would be a great day to get an email saying that my Ragnarök pre-order is ready for pickup. Come on, Sony, let us play now.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely no disrespect to the composers of the old GoW games, but holy shit how HUGE of a hire was Bear McCreary?
Dude is incredible.
Can't wait for Ragnarök's full OST.
I with you. I was sold from the very first track in the 2018 game. That Gregorian chant or whatever is just so perfect for the game and for Kratos.

Honestly I don't think it's as good as III. The GoW III Overture remains the most epic GoW main theme for me.
Had to go listen. And yea, this is fire too. Just a great series all around. I think they both OSTs are fantastic for the games they appear in.

I'm to the hype point of listening to soundtracks of the older games. Work next week is gonna be absolute torture.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope stores will have copies on launch day/this week. Didn't order or preorder jackshit 🤥

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Alright, coffee's kicking in, time for this week's...

PlayStation Blog Roundup!!!

We got some notable announcements and interesting blog posts this week, so let's see what Sony published for the week of November 4th!

Monday, October 31st

The Devil In Me: Supermassive looks back on Season One of the Dark Pictures Anthology

Tuesday, November 1st
Play the FIFA World Cup 2022 from November 9 on FIFA 23
God of War Ragnarok TV spot shows how all parents can relate

Wednesday, November 2nd
Players' Choice: Vote for October 2022's best new game
PlayStation VR2 launches in February at $549.99
11 new PS VR2 games announced: The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR, Cities VR - Enhanced Edition, Crossfire: Sierra Squad, and more
Bringing characters to life in Sonic Frontiers
Shuhei Yoshida recommends 10 games from the PlayStation Plus Premium Classics Catalog

Thursday, November 3rd
PlayStation Studios Extra Life Game Day Livestream Event, Saturday November 5
How Forspoken's combat works, and why it looks so magical
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/03/how-forspokens-combat-works-and-why-it-looks-so-magical/

Friday, November 4th
How the PS5 brings Lakeshore to life in Need for Speed Unbound
Celebrating 20 years of Ratchet & Clank
Final Fantasy XVI interview: worldbuilding, differing viewpoints and favorite characters
Share of the Week: Haunted

Total blog articles: 14. That's a couple more than last week's. One unrelated thing I want to rant about is how chronologically disorganized the PlayStation Blog is. I nearly missed the "11 new PSVR2" piece because it was sanctioned off to the right side in the "spotlighted" section, which is noticeably much less visible than the primary articles. Also, for some reason, the Ragnarok TV spot article was under the "trending topics" tab but not under the chronological section. It's a bit of a hassle for me who wants to find everything Sony published for the week. Oh well, rant over. Some cool articles here. Lots of really cool behind-the-scenes stuff with the Shuhei piece and the Ratchet and Clank anniversary piece has a ton of really cool information in it. We also got a nice interview from the FF16 article. Really solid week in terms of blog posts!

Anyway, this has been your weekly PlayStation Blog roundup! Thanks to JuanLatino for threadmarking these.
Love this!, thanks.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I actually quite liked the simplicity of the combat and how the difficulty is due to the type of weapons and attacks that enemies use. Clearing any enemy camp is never boring because of its style. I haven't felt the lack of enemy variety too. My only complaints with the game are bad stealth mechanics combined with dumb enemy AI, over repetition of fetch quests, hostage missions. I could already see some improvements in some of these in Iki island expansion. I hope the sequel radically improves stealth mechanics and quest design
I preferred the stealth over the combat lol. Found the simon says inspired combat pretty dull and boring and while the a.i. was super dumb wearing the ghost armour had cool effects on their behaviour. The whole fear angle was pretty well done and was consistently fun. At some point i didn't even try to stealth kill without being seen but making a dramatic entrance so enemies will see me and they start to flee in fear.

The way i describe stealth in Tsushima is if you were pretending to be an infamous character and your enemies don't know how to deal with this.

Sep 6, 2022
I just thought of something hilarious.

Stealth, in a God of War game.
Picture this:

Kratos, crouching and creeping up silently behind a troll.
Grabbing it by the neck and choking it out, while the troll stands less than 2 meters from its fellow troll, who is completely clueless.
Kratos whispering to the troll "shh, go to sleep".
The 2 trolls were previously discussing how a crazed bald man, with tatoos was running around killing their neighbors.

it sounds so hilariously stupid and yet, I can picture it clearly.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Listening to Minnmax podcast talk about GoW has got me hyped all over again... soon

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
3ish days!!

I'm gonna have to play at midnight despite the fact I have work the next day

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I wish you could buy games on PSN and gift them to your friends.

A friend was super excited for Ragnarok next week but they can only afford it next month and I'd love to send them a digital copy.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Finally managed to snag a PS5, bought directly through Playstation, hasn't shipped yet but they charged already. How reliable is the shipping? lol

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't think it's as good as III. The GoW III Overture remains the most epic GoW main theme for me.

You are not wrong, even reading just GoWIII Overture I can hear the music.

On the other hand I can hear Faye's theme, the main theme and Deliverance.

McCreary is alone for Battlestar Galactica one of my favorites, that live performance in 2016 at E3 was just perfect.

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020
random thought of the evening !

Has Guerrilla Games officially become Guerilla for the name of the studio ? for a few years we hear Guerilla but more of Guerrilla Games.

Nov 21, 2017
I think what Sony manages is quite unique in the industry. I mean this in the sense of they have so many studios that operate at such a high level.
They must have a fantastic pipeline and support in place.

Yup they know how important this pipeline is which is why they continue to heavily invest in this pipeline when you look at their recent moves:
-Expanding the size of both the Visual Arts team and the Malaysia Art & Animation Studio
-Acquired Valkyrie as a support studio
-They acquired Haven for their cloud based development tools to help streamline game development for PlayStation Studios
- The Bungie acquisition allows them to utilize their expertise in GAAS video games going forward

I wish you could buy games on PSN and gift them to your friends.

A friend was super excited for Ragnarok next week but they can only afford it next month and I'd love to send them a digital copy.

PS Store is already 15 years old and still doesn't have a gifting system. It's just dumb.

Yeah I'm baffled SONY still hasn't implemented this feature. It's my number 1 requested feature that I been waiting years for. You would think they would want this implemented as it is just literally easy money for their ecosystem.

If anyone wants to gift Ragnarok digitally you can look online if anybody sells their digital code for the game that will be coming with the upcoming PS5 bundle.

Finally managed to snag a PS5, bought directly through Playstation, hasn't shipped yet but they charged already. How reliable is the shipping? lol

The few times I have used them I haven't had any problems in fact 1 time they even shipped my order 2 days early.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The reversible cover just like Game Informer, way cooler than the current box-art, but both facing the wrong way. 😅

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017

Late response but I agree. I don't blame the outlets though. I will also add that while having a good deal is always nice too much talk is about "value" and just not about the quality of games and hardware. Value is a subjective measure that is going to vary from person to person but so much time is spent arguing about if something is worth it's asking price or not.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finished HFW.

Really good game. Stunning to behold.

I heard a lot of brouhaha about the Story - went in expecting far worse.

Woozy

Feb 22, 2022

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
15om4i34h6y91.jpg
Per reddit, Mjolnir from the CE. Looks great!

Also the codes you get for the game don't go live until release day so if you do happen to get the CE or Jotnar edition early from Target etc, you're still out of luck until Wednesday.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Rumor: Insomniacl's Spider-Man will be in the new Spider-Verse movie. Doesn't say whether Yuri Lowenthal will voice him, but obviously quite likely.
www.thecosmiccircus.com

Exclusive: Previous Spider-Men in 'Across the Spider-Verse'

Alex Perez reveals more about the next Spider-Verse installment, including new Spider-Man Variants set to appear in the animated sequel.
Suit is actually perfect for that animation style, hopefully true they have Yuri too, he became my favourite Spidey very fast with his performance.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Rumor: Insomniacl's Spider-Man will be in the new Spider-Verse movie. Doesn't say whether Yuri Lowenthal will voice him, but obviously quite likely.
www.thecosmiccircus.com

Exclusive: Previous Spider-Men in 'Across the Spider-Verse'

Alex Perez reveals more about the next Spider-Verse installment, including new Spider-Man Variants set to appear in the animated sequel.
Id say it'd be pretty darn silly to include the Gameverse Spidey and not have Yuri voice him (he does such a darn good job anyway). Would be a cool inclusion (I was pulling for Capcom's Spidey myself lol) but I seem to recall the cast of Spidey's so far is really stellar (I'll be there purely for Miles, Gwen and Miguel).

Status
Not open for further replies.