• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Your link goes to a giphy link for me. Is this on an overall 50/50 sales which would include the thousands of indie games that don't get physical releases? But either way that isn't going to be on a every game basis and their single player big games aren't going to be 50/50.
LMAO thanks for the heads up. Anyway the article states "Nintendo's software" so I would interpret that as their published content. I do agree that not every game will be the same ratio.

Jul 2, 2021
c2921d83cb29d14b446ccc7b43dda91785e1ec3e.gif
545424642983198731.webp

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
For the PS5 God of War bundle with the disc drive, is god of war a physical copy or is it a digital code?

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I've just watched the Game Awards and I thought it was great, for the first time in a while. I agree with most awards and there were at least 5 interesting announcements for me, plus dates.

I think I needed that as I'm finding this gen pretty dull except a few masterpieces.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sad the feedback about forspoken is so negative. Really applaud Square Enix for being bold enough to develop the title, love Ella Balinska, and just hope this doesn't endanger Luminous.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
oh is the feedback negative? Didn't get around to playing the demo yet but I will check it out this weekend. Let's see I guess

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Am I seeing this correct? Are there more demos for free in PS store than in PS plus premium tier subscription 🤣

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Sony's been quietly building a solid team behind their mobile efforts. It makes me wonder if they'll be acquiring more mobile studios after Savage or if they'll be farming out projects to other mobile studios. Also curious if 2023 is when we see the first title from them.

So many things seemingly coming to a head next year. Console production will reach record numbers. PlayStation Productions gets their first original project out the door (Uncharted didn't start under them), Sony gets the first games in their new live service push out the door. And maybe we'll see something from their new mobile efforts. Not to mention PSVR2 launching.

I do think we're in for quite the treat next year and once all is said and done, it'll be able to challenge 2020 for best PlayStation lineup.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
The Forspoken demo isn't great. I think the problem with open world demos is that they need a CLEAR vision on what they want to let you do, or they need central mechanics simple enough that you can easily just jump right in without feeling overwhelmed. Crackdown's demo and Just Cause 2's demos were examples of the latter. Simple gameplay conceits and mechanics and an emphasis on "just fuck around! have fun!"

But the Forspoken demo just drops you into the world with a whole bunch of abilities unlocked and then tutorials like...two of them. I felt pretty overwhelmed pretty quickly and the ranged spells feel pretty consistently unsatisfying to land. They're weak, they don't do much damage or impact, and it just feels like fighting monsters with a nerf gun instead of powerful magic. The melee spells with the fire sword are a lot more fun to use, but the game seems very clear in pointing out you can't over-rely on one kind of spell all the time or you won't be able to succeed in combat.
Agreed, felt overwhelmed as well but i think the movement has alot of potential it seems way less automated and has a bit of a skill ceiling. Combat was pretty bad but i never had the feeling i had to use the ranged spells. I used my sword even against those that were resistent to burn damage and did fine.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Both DS1 and DS2 came after HZD and HFW respectively, so its not surprising that they are better. Not to mention that KojiPro actually has a presence in Guerilla Amsterdam, so its not as if they are just any external partner, they are quite heavily involved now.
This.

I'm sad the feedback about forspoken is so negative. Really applaud Square Enix for being bold enough to develop the title, love Ella Balinska, and just hope this doesn't endanger Luminous.
Yeah, imo, it takes a little time since there's so much you can do through the controls (like the whole switching between multiple spells each within the two types connected to the two shoulder buttons within a set, and then on top of that able to switch between multiple of those sets, etc.) and also to get a proper feel for the speed of the world/enemies and how much time you have during the time slow-down while you've got those spell-switching wheels open, and more, but I was getting into it.

Oct 25, 2017
I played Forspoken for about 4 hours. The best thing about the game that I enjoyed was the gameplay and the boss fights. It helps that they utilize the Dualsense controller, but the powers can be confusing to use. The menu system trying to learn the moves is also confusing. The tutorial at the start of the demo did not help at all lol. The worst thing was the dialogue roaming the world. Like it's really bad.

Overall, they better hope the story is at least decent.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Sony's been quietly building a solid team behind their mobile efforts. It makes me wonder if they'll be acquiring more mobile studios after Savage or if they'll be farming out projects to other mobile studios. Also curious if 2023 is when we see the first title from them.

So many things seemingly coming to a head next year. Console production will reach record numbers. PlayStation Productions gets their first original project out the door (Uncharted didn't start under them), Sony gets the first games in their new live service push out the door. And maybe we'll see something from their new mobile efforts. Not to mention PSVR2 launching.

I do think we're in for quite the treat next year and once all is said and done, it'll be able to challenge 2020 for best PlayStation lineup.

I almost forgot PSVR 2 is launching in Feb. I was very excited to get it day one until I saw those announced games. I will probably wait till it get good first party support. Curious to see how Sony pushes mobile gaming after Hermen Hulst says there is a scope for crossplay between consoles. On first party output 2020 is a different beast we got TLoU 2 which is one of the most anticipated sequels and Ghost of tsushima a blockbuster new IP with praises all around. Not to mention the really strong PS5 launch lineup demon's souls, Miles Morales, Astro playroom, Sackboy. 2023 looks pretty thin for first party apart from Spidey 2. Maybe there are some unannounced games for the later half of 2023 but as of now 2022 is way better than 2023's output

Calender Week 49 - PlayStation Blog Roundup
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It's been a big week to say the least, which means it's the perfect time for a...

PlayStation Blog Roundup!!!!

With the Game Awards having come and gone, we have a large batch of PlayStation Blog posts this week. Here's everything Sony posted on the Blog for the week of December 9th!
Sunday, December 4th

Introducing Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1, live today

Monday, December 5th

Creators of Journey return to PlayStation with Sky: Children of the Light, out December 6
Photo Mode now available in God of War Ragnarok

Tuesday, December 6th

Inside the Destiny 2 & Assassin's Creed collaboration

Wednesday, December 7th
Immersive new features give the Moss franchise a fresh look and feel on PlayStation VR2
Diablo IV hands-on: A more expansive, customizable loot-filled adventure
PS Blog Game of the Year Awards 2022: voting is now open

Thursday, December 8th

Castlevania is back! Discover Dead Cells' new DLC, Return to Castlevania
Returnal is coming to PC
Wayfinder is a new character-driven online RPG
Discover a brutal new world in Behemoth for PS VR2
The Last of Us Part I arrives on PC March 3, 2023
Wild Hearts unveils its latest Kemono, the mighty winged Amaterasu
Aloy's story continues in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores
Season: A letter to the future, You Suck At Parking, and more now available for Demo Fest 2022
Street Fighter 6 launches June 2, 2023

Friday, December 9th

PlayStation Store: November 2022's top downloads
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launches March 17 on PS5: new trailer, screens, gameplay details
New Dead Island 2 gameplay reveals lethal weapons, gruesome combat, and more
Los Santos Drug Wars comes to GTA Online on December 13
Final Fantasy XVI releases June 22, 2023
New Forspoken characters, areas, PS5 bonuses, and more revealed
Share of the Week: Space
Official PlayStation Podcast Episode 445: One More For The Road

Total blog posts for the week: 24. Obviously much higher than last week's and likely the last busy week of the year! Also, this is the first week on record in which a weekend blog post was published, and it seems that it only occurs during new Fortnite seasons or some other events that have a tie-in blog post scheduled to upload whenever it drops. Another noteworthy detail is that the podcast title is referring to Justin Masongill's departure from PlayStation, so if you happened to like his personality, I consider giving this episode a listen! While next week will probably be a lot less active, I will still be back as the holidays don't kick off until a week afterwards.

Until then, enjoy the weekend and happy gaming! As always, thank you to JuanLatino for threadmarking these! I'll be back with one final blog roundup of the year next week!

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine waking up from a coma you went into in 2013 and trying to figure out why people are pretending to care about the Armored Core series.

Marus

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2022
I know we say this way too much but, the first half a 2023 at least so far is stacked.

Sep 6, 2022
Remember earlier this year when people complained about the lack of marketing for God of War: Ragnarök?
I look forwarding to seeing the cycle repeat itself for Spider-Man 2, early next year and then looking back on that during TGA 2023.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Took a quick look at the Forspoken demo thread and it just makes me wonder how this demo was given the go ahead to be published. I'd at least like to imagine that before a demo is approved of and pushed live there's a ton of quality checks to make sure the demo doesn't do them more harm than good, but it looks like it very well might.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm conflicted because I was really rooting for the game, but the demo really didn't do it any favors

Was always unsure about getting it Day 1 to begin with, but I'll probably wait for a sale

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted because I was really rooting for the game, but the demo really didn't do it any favors

Was always unsure about getting it Day 1 to begin with, but I'll probably wait for a sale

I was waiting on reviews and i still hoping that can turn things around for this game.
But yeah demos can be a hit or miss and this one look like a huge miss .

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
More and more by the day I think that Factions will be released with the DC of TLoU2.

It's very strange we haven't heard anything of it so that must be it.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
More and more by the day I think that Factions will be released with the DC of TLoU2.

It's very strange we haven't heard anything of it so that must be it.
At this rate, I think TLOU2 will just get a PC port. Game already runs at 60 on PS5, so I wouldn't be surprised if its left alone like GOW 2018 with just a PS5 BC patch. I really think Factions will be a full price experience with story content (possibly co-op) and multiplayer so no reason to bundle it with TLOU2.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I almost forgot PSVR 2 is launching in Feb. I was very excited to get it day one until I saw those announced games. I will probably wait till it get good first party support. Curious to see how Sony pushes mobile gaming after Hermen Hulst says there is a scope for crossplay between consoles. On first party output 2020 is a different beast we got TLoU 2 which is one of the most anticipated sequels and Ghost of tsushima a blockbuster new IP with praises all around. Not to mention the really strong PS5 launch lineup demon's souls, Miles Morales, Astro playroom, Sackboy. 2023 looks pretty thin for first party apart from Spidey 2. Maybe there are some unannounced games for the later half of 2023 but as of now 2022 is way better than 2023's output

Oh indeed 2020 will be incredibly hard to beat, but I think Sony may have a metric buttload of cards up their sleeves that're just waiting for a showcase to drop bombs. For the record, here're all the first party, timed exclusive, third party exclusive and just generally console exclusive games PlayStation had in 2020:

Ghost of Tsushima
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last of Us Part 2
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales
Nioh 2
The Pathless
Godfall
Demon's Souls
Dreams
Sackboy A Big Adventure
MLB The Show 20
Astro's Playroom
Paper Beast
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Bugsnax
Iron Man VR
Predator Hunting Grounds
Fall Guys
Genshin Impact
Spelunky 2

So far for 2023 we don't have nearly that much, off the top of my head we've got:

Spider-Man 2
Horizon CotM
Horizon FW Burning Shores
Forspoken
Final Fantasy 16
RE8 PSVR2 mode
2 live service games launching before the end of the FY (guessing TLOU MP and Helldivers 2)
MLB23
Destiny 2 Lightfall
Stellar Blade
Firewall Ultra

That's plenty of opportunity for more content to be added to that list, we'll just have to wait and see. For now, it's a good start. Silent Hill 2 Remake could release next year. It's not impossible that FF7 Rebirth could also drop in 2023. Little Devil Inside could also make it. Who knows what else.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate, I think TLOU2 will just get a PC port. Game already runs at 60 on PS5, so I wouldn't be surprised if its left alone like GOW 2018 with just a PS5 BC patch. I really think Factions will be a full price experience with story content (possibly co-op) and multiplayer so no reason to bundle it with TLOU2.
My shelf will look very weird with Part II on the PS4 section and Part I and III on the PS5 one.

:/

amara

Nov 23, 2021
There's no need to bundle anything but TLOU2 is one of those games that should get a PS5 port. It has noticeable texture streaming problems through back compat

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Oh indeed 2020 will be incredibly hard to beat, but I think Sony may have a metric buttload of cards up their sleeves that're just waiting for a showcase to drop bombs. For the record, here're all the first party, timed exclusive, third party exclusive and just generally console exclusive games PlayStation had in 2020:

Ghost of Tsushima
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last of Us Part 2
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales
Nioh 2
The Pathless
Godfall
Demon's Souls
Dreams
Sackboy A Big Adventure
MLB The Show 20
Astro's Playroom
Paper Beast
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Bugsnax
Iron Man VR
Predator Hunting Grounds
Fall Guys
Genshin Impact
Spelunky 2

So far for 2023 we don't have nearly that much, off the top of my head we've got:

Spider-Man 2
Horizon CotM
Horizon FW Burning Shores
Forspoken
Final Fantasy 16
RE8 PSVR2 mode
2 live service games launching before the end of the FY (guessing TLOU MP and Helldivers 2)
MLB23
Destiny 2 Lightfall
Stellar Blade
Firewall Ultra

That's plenty of opportunity for more content to be added to that list, we'll just have to wait and see. For now, it's a good start. Silent Hill 2 Remake could release next year. It's not impossible that FF7 Rebirth could also drop in 2023. Little Devil Inside could also make it. Who knows what else.

Yeah 2023 is an excellent year for games. Spiderman 2 is the most exciting game for me after Zelda, Horizon DLC is day one buy for me and also hyped about FF16 even though I am not much into Final Fantasy. I hope TLoU MP makes it but Neil in the summer games fest said we would see more about it in 2023 which makes it doubtful. We don't even know what's in the pipeline of PS first party from and after 2023. Hope we see a showcase soon.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah 2023 is an excellent year for games. Spiderman 2 is the most exciting game for me after Zelda, Horizon DLC is day one buy for me and also hyped about FF16 even though I am not much into Final Fantasy. I hope TLoU MP makes it but Neil in the summer games fest said we would see more about it in 2023 which makes it doubtful. We don't even know what's in the pipeline of PS first party from and after 2023. Hope we see a showcase soon.

Live service games don't need multi-year marketing cycles like single player games. They could announce TLOU MP and release it on the same day of they wanted to, assuming it's F2P. I think it'll launch this FY to build off the hype of the HBO series.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Can't wait for more Ronin updates and new announcements from XEDV Japan.

I remember someone suggested Sony make their own game of Marvel Snap but based on their characters, I'm sure there's a good mobile developer who could do it
They probably talking about a diferent studio from Japan that wins awards lol
The one that Hermen keept mentioning along with Kojima when he said examples of studios that Sony likes to work with.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
They probably talking about a diferent studio from Japan that wins awards lol
The one that Hermen keept mentioning along with Kojima when he said examples of studios that Sony likes to work with.

Waiting on the day the next excluisve PS5 Fromsoftware game is announced but that seems to be a 2024 and beyind title with Armored Core coming 2023.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
I hope they are taking as much feedback as possible and iterating on it.
Might be tough on the devs but if a delay is necessary then better so, I'm sold on the gameplay and want it to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.