• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW 44 - PlayStation Blog Roundup
  • Dec 9, 2018
    New Jersey
    Alright, coffee's kicking in, time for this week's...

PlayStation Blog Roundup!!!

We got some notable announcements and interesting blog posts this week, so let's see what Sony published for the week of November 4th!

Monday, October 31st

The Devil In Me: Supermassive looks back on Season One of the Dark Pictures Anthology

Tuesday, November 1st
    Play the FIFA World Cup 2022 from November 9 on FIFA 23
    God of War Ragnarok TV spot shows how all parents can relate

Wednesday, November 2nd
    Players' Choice: Vote for October 2022's best new game
    PlayStation VR2 launches in February at $549.99
    11 new PS VR2 games announced: The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR, Cities VR - Enhanced Edition, Crossfire: Sierra Squad, and more
    Bringing characters to life in Sonic Frontiers
    Shuhei Yoshida recommends 10 games from the PlayStation Plus Premium Classics Catalog

Thursday, November 3rd
    PlayStation Studios Extra Life Game Day Livestream Event, Saturday November 5
    How Forspoken's combat works, and why it looks so magical
    https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/03/how-forspokens-combat-works-and-why-it-looks-so-magical/

Friday, November 4th
    How the PS5 brings Lakeshore to life in Need for Speed Unbound
    Celebrating 20 years of Ratchet & Clank
    Final Fantasy XVI interview: worldbuilding, differing viewpoints and favorite characters
    Share of the Week: Haunted

Total blog articles: 14. That's a couple more than last week's. One unrelated thing I want to rant about is how chronologically disorganized the PlayStation Blog is. I nearly missed the "11 new PSVR2" piece because it was sanctioned off to the right side in the "spotlighted" section, which is noticeably much less visible than the primary articles. Also, for some reason, the Ragnarok TV spot article was under the "trending topics" tab but not under the chronological section. It's a bit of a hassle for me who wants to find everything Sony published for the week. Oh well, rant over. Some cool articles here. Lots of really cool behind-the-scenes stuff with the Shuhei piece and the Ratchet and Clank anniversary piece has a ton of really cool information in it. We also got a nice interview from the FF16 article. Really solid week in terms of blog posts!

Anyway, this has been your weekly PlayStation Blog roundup! Thanks to JuanLatino for threadmarking these.

Calender Week 48 - PlayStation Blog Roundup
  • Dec 9, 2018
    New Jersey
    After a Thanksgiving-induced hiatus, it's time to bring back the weekly...

PlayStation Blog Round-Up!!!
    While I know Sony did publish some blog posts over the past couple of weeks, I realized it probably wouldn't be notable enough to highlight them as it is right before Thanksgiving. As such, I decided to skip it and plus I wanted a break. Anyway, the weekly roundups are back and so here's everything Sony published on PlayStation Blog for the week of December 2nd!

Monday, November 28th
    End of Year Deals promotion comes to PlayStation Store

Tuesday, November 29th
    Jurrasic World Evolution 2: Dominion Malta Expansion launches December 8
    Awaken your wanderlust with open world adventure Sable, out today on PS5

PlayStation Tournaments on PS5 officially launches today

Wednesday, November 30th
    Your PlayStation Stars update for December 2022
    Hands-on with Divine Knockout, the third-person platform fighter smashing onto PlayStation Plus December 6

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for December: Divine Knockout: Founder's Edition, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, Biomutant

Thursday, December 1st
    Tallneck Tidings: A Horizon holiday gift guide 2022
    Top tips to get ready for Marvel's Midnight Suns, out December 2
    Neon White is coming to PS4 and PS5 December 13
    Thrilling hunts await when Monster Hunter Rise hits PS5 and PS4 on January 20, 2023
    Indies highlights coming to PS4 & PS5 in December 2022

Friday, December 2nd
    Red Bull Capture Point 2022 winners announced, featuring Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7
    PlayStation Partner Awards 2022 Japan Asia winners announced
    Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary and World Finals celebration continues with GT7
    Share of the Week: Vistas

Total articles for the week: 16. A decent number bookmarked by multiple year-end events that are on-going. Still plenty of gaming goodness happening, even during what is traditionally a relatively quiet month in the years of gaming. I suppose The Game Awards have helped buck that tradition and allowed gaming companies to share what's coming more frequently during December. Anyway, we still have lots of news to digest for this week in the world of PlayStation Blog.

Thanks to JuanLatino for threadmarking these.

Until next week!

Calender Week 49 - PlayStation Blog Roundup
  • Dec 9, 2018
    New Jersey
    It's been a big week to say the least, which means it's the perfect time for a...

PlayStation Blog Roundup!!!!

With the Game Awards having come and gone, we have a large batch of PlayStation Blog posts this week. Here's everything Sony posted on the Blog for the week of December 9th!
    Sunday, December 4th

Introducing Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1, live today

Monday, December 5th

Creators of Journey return to PlayStation with Sky: Children of the Light, out December 6
    Photo Mode now available in God of War Ragnarok

Tuesday, December 6th

Inside the Destiny 2 & Assassin's Creed collaboration

Wednesday, December 7th
    Immersive new features give the Moss franchise a fresh look and feel on PlayStation VR2
    Diablo IV hands-on: A more expansive, customizable loot-filled adventure
    PS Blog Game of the Year Awards 2022: voting is now open

Thursday, December 8th

Castlevania is back! Discover Dead Cells' new DLC, Return to Castlevania
    Returnal is coming to PC
    Wayfinder is a new character-driven online RPG
    Discover a brutal new world in Behemoth for PS VR2
    The Last of Us Part I arrives on PC March 3, 2023
    Wild Hearts unveils its latest Kemono, the mighty winged Amaterasu
    Aloy's story continues in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores
    Season: A letter to the future, You Suck At Parking, and more now available for Demo Fest 2022
    Street Fighter 6 launches June 2, 2023

Friday, December 9th

PlayStation Store: November 2022's top downloads
    Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launches March 17 on PS5: new trailer, screens, gameplay details
    New Dead Island 2 gameplay reveals lethal weapons, gruesome combat, and more
    Los Santos Drug Wars comes to GTA Online on December 13
    Final Fantasy XVI releases June 22, 2023
    New Forspoken characters, areas, PS5 bonuses, and more revealed
    Share of the Week: Space
    Official PlayStation Podcast Episode 445: One More For The Road

Total blog posts for the week: 24. Obviously much higher than last week's and likely the last busy week of the year! Also, this is the first week on record in which a weekend blog post was published, and it seems that it only occurs during new Fortnite seasons or some other events that have a tie-in blog post scheduled to upload whenever it drops. Another noteworthy detail is that the podcast title is referring to Justin Masongill's departure from PlayStation, so if you happened to like his personality, I consider giving this episode a listen! While next week will probably be a lot less active, I will still be back as the holidays don't kick off until a week afterwards.

Until then, enjoy the weekend and happy gaming! As always, thank you to JuanLatino for threadmarking these! I'll be back with one final blog roundup of the year next week!

Status
    Not open for further replies.