• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_woolsley

Dec 1, 2022
It's been a big week to say the least, which means it's the perfect time for a...

PlayStation Blog Roundup!!!!

With the Game Awards having come and gone, we have a large batch of PlayStation Blog posts this week. Here's everything Sony posted on the Blog for the week of December 9th!
Sunday, December 4th

Introducing Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1, live today

Monday, December 5th

Creators of Journey return to PlayStation with Sky: Children of the Light, out December 6
Photo Mode now available in God of War Ragnarok

Tuesday, December 6th

Inside the Destiny 2 & Assassin's Creed collaboration

Wednesday, December 7th
Immersive new features give the Moss franchise a fresh look and feel on PlayStation VR2
Diablo IV hands-on: A more expansive, customizable loot-filled adventure
PS Blog Game of the Year Awards 2022: voting is now open

Thursday, December 8th

Castlevania is back! Discover Dead Cells' new DLC, Return to Castlevania
Returnal is coming to PC
Wayfinder is a new character-driven online RPG
Discover a brutal new world in Behemoth for PS VR2
The Last of Us Part I arrives on PC March 3, 2023
Wild Hearts unveils its latest Kemono, the mighty winged Amaterasu
Aloy's story continues in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores
Season: A letter to the future, You Suck At Parking, and more now available for Demo Fest 2022
Street Fighter 6 launches June 2, 2023

Friday, December 9th

PlayStation Store: November 2022's top downloads
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launches March 17 on PS5: new trailer, screens, gameplay details
New Dead Island 2 gameplay reveals lethal weapons, gruesome combat, and more
Los Santos Drug Wars comes to GTA Online on December 13
Final Fantasy XVI releases June 22, 2023
New Forspoken characters, areas, PS5 bonuses, and more revealed
Share of the Week: Space
Official PlayStation Podcast Episode 445: One More For The Road

Total blog posts for the week: 24. Obviously much higher than last week's and likely the last busy week of the year! Also, this is the first week on record in which a weekend blog post was published, and it seems that it only occurs during new Fortnite seasons or some other events that have a tie-in blog post scheduled to upload whenever it drops. Another noteworthy detail is that the podcast title is referring to Justin Masongill's departure from PlayStation, so if you happened to like his personality, I consider giving this episode a listen! While next week will probably be a lot less active, I will still be back as the holidays don't kick off until a week afterwards.

Until then, enjoy the weekend and happy gaming! As always, thank you to JuanLatino for threadmarking these! I'll be back with one final blog roundup of the year next week!
Thanks for the roundup

Moobabe

Nov 7, 2017
So what was your suprise announcement at the TGA
We knew about there being a trailer for FF16 which is currently my most hyped game for next year and the Horizon DLC was already leaked so for me its viewfinder it looks so unique

View: https://youtu.be/k_lIQ2EZRH8

Viewfinder was great. Remember it popping up on social media earlier this year, but awesome to see it snapped up by a publisher.

For me, JUDAS was a nice surprise. Have enjoyed all of the Bioshocks, so I'm down for this.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
While the Forspoken demo was pretty disappointing, I can really recommend the demo for Seasons.
If you like a chill indie game with stunning art style and really great audio design, this is a game for you. It's pretty short, but a Day 1 for me after this demo.
Love the visuals, the lighting and the great ambient sound. Play it with your headphones. There is still some jank and a few bugs, but I am really impressed.

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020
So what going on with Forspoken ?
I haven't had time to test the demo yet.
from what I see here and on Twitter, the feedback are quiet pessimistic but due to what ?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I need some help here:

How can you nuke or hide demos from your PS account (or through the PS5)? My PS5 library is full of demo copies of games, and I can't see any way of hiding them so they don't mix with the full versions. Example: DioField Chronicle, I have the PS4 and PS5 demos listed, and since buying the game I then have the full versions of PS4 and PS5 mixed in together with the soundtrack/artbook! 6 goddamn items to choose from.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
from what I see here and on Twitter, the feedback are quiet pessimistic but due to what ?
I played it for 30min and as of now i don't like the gameplay and the controls but will play more later to try to get a better feel of it and i see if i cancel or not my preorder

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Simply nothing feels great or smooth and the open world looks incredibly average.

You can try the demo but it's a waste of time.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Abysmal tutorial, game looks underwhelming and is pretty clunky as far as gameplay goes. Not to mention it probably has the worst "banter" I have ever heard in a video game.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
My PS5 does some noise during the Season Demo, but is completely quiet in every other game, guess we found the first technical juggernaut of the generation /s

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020
I played it for 30min and as of now i don't like the gameplay and the controls but will play more later to try to get a better feel of it and i see if i cancel or not my preorder

Simply nothing feels great or smooth and the open world looks incredibly average.

You can try the demo but it's a waste of time.

Abysmal tutorial, game looks underwhelming and is pretty clunky as far as gameplay goes. Not to mention it probably has the worst "banter" I have ever heard in a video game.

shame ... what i was looking in Forspoken was a fluid and satisfying gameplay with good traversal πŸ˜“
i will see myself when i'll try the demo, but yeah .... sadly not encouraging for the game

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed that in Death Stranding 2's trailer, screenshots and poster, the copyright is attributed to Kojima Productions. Which is different to the first game's marketing materials where the copyright was attributed to Sony Interactive Entertainment. What's the reason for that?

Smitch

Apr 21, 2022
I noticed that in Death Stranding 2's trailer, screenshots and poster, the copyright is attributed to Kojima Productions. Which is different to the first game's marketing materials where the copyright was attributed to Sony Interactive Entertainment. What's the reason for that?
Maybe because since DS2 is not the final title so they don't have the copyright
But i'm sure sony own the game since it's a playstation studio games, the game sony publish without owning them have just the SIE present without the playstation studios even if Xdev is helping them (liked ronin and stellar balde)

camac002

Oct 27, 2017
shame ... what i was looking in Forspoken was a fluid and satisfying gameplay with good traversal πŸ˜“
i will see myself when i'll try the demo, but yeah .... sadly not encouraging for the game
Just to provide an alternative opinion, I found it quite enjoyable when I went through a 2nd run and took the time to go through the skill trees, unlock and upgrade skills, and really try to learn the game and try to figure out how the devs intended it to be played. It definitely felt weird at first, but after my 2nd run, the demo actually solidified my intention to purchase probably. As has been said, this demo has not much in the way of detailed tutorials. I'm not even sure the demo bothers to tell you that square button is the tether. This "drop in" demo maybe was not the best idea, might have needed perhaps a timed demo from the start of the game where people can learn and experience the natural progression.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe because since DS2 is not the final title so they don't have the copyright

I thought of that too but then I checked Spider-Man's 2016 announcement trailer, when it didn't have an official name, and there was an SIE copyright at the end of the trailer.

But i'm sure sony own the game since it's a playstation studio games, the game sony publish without owning them have just the SIE present without the playstation studios even if Xdev is helping them (liked ronin and stellar balde)

That is a good point, but I'm still not 100% convinced.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
We knew about there being a trailer for FF16 which is currently my most hyped game for next year and the Horizon DLC was already leaked so for me its viewfinder it looks so unique

This definitely. And Judas.

Death Stranding 2 also. Yeah there were rumors it showing up but rumors are rumors...until they no longer are, lol.

Smitch

Apr 21, 2022
I thought of that too but then I checked Spider-Man's 2016 announcement trailer, when it didn't have an official name, and there was an SIE copyright at the end of the trailer.

That is a good point, but I'm still not 100% convinced.
We will see in future trailers if it's change or not

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Just to provide an alternative opinion, I found it quite enjoyable when I went through a 2nd run and took the time to go through the skill trees, unlock and upgrade skills, and really try to learn the game and try to figure out how the devs intended it to be played. It definitely felt weird at first, but after my 2nd run, the demo actually solidified my intention to purchase probably. As has been said, this demo has not much in the way of detailed tutorials. I'm not even sure the demo bothers to tell you that square button is the tether. This "drop in" demo maybe was not the best idea, might have needed perhaps a timed demo from the start of the game where people can learn and experience the natural progression.
Very much agree, the game seems a lot of fun, but it did take some getting used to at first - I wouldn't let others stop you from trying the demo as you might enjoy it

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
While the Forspoken demo was pretty disappointing, I can really recommend the demo for Seasons.
If you like a chill indie game with stunning art style and really great audio design, this is a game for you. It's pretty short, but a Day 1 for me after this demo.
Love the visuals, the lighting and the great ambient sound. Play it with your headphones. There is still some jank and a few bugs, but I am really impressed.
Yeah, I downloaded all the demos available on the TGA tab, mostly because of Forspoken hype (which I though was just okay), and the one I ended up enjoying the most was Seasons.
I didn't even know the game was being made. It's really cool and chill though. The demo can feel a bit overwhelming at first, but it's all really simple. It's too bad the demo is quite short, but you can get a sense of what the game's about and how it plays.
I don't recommend Bramble Mountain King nor You Suck at Parking though.

Son_of_Oden

Feb 27, 2020
Did Sony remove motion input when writing on the PS5? 🀬
Before you had to press R3+L3 to switch but that's not working anymore. There's also no hint how to do it now and I can't find anything online...

Oct 25, 2017

Has this game been announced before? Maybe it was just the dev showing it off on twitter but I feel like I've seen it.

Looks great, would be really cool - but maybe not possible in VR.

Oct 26, 2017
Before you had to press R3+L3 to switch but that's not working anymore. There's also no hint how to do it now and I can't find anything online...

I'm having the same problem.
I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere on Era, maybe in the thread. IIRC a fix was mentioned. If I find it I'll quote you again.

Oct 26, 2017

Haven't tried it yet, but ..

It works for me but there are regular reports like yours here and there on the web. Some said to change the protocole Bluetooth to USB while the controler is wired and go back to Bluetooth helped them (or to off/on the controller).

Ewaan

Corrupted by Vengeance
May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I've played the Forspoken Demo now. Once I got the hang of the combat I didn't think there was much to complain about at this stage, going by the trailers the demo only really scratches the surface and when they introduce different magic types etc it will become more varied. I felt like some of the spells on each type were mostly similar to begin with but after playing with the hold R2 effects, I found out their differences and started to get favourites that complimented a way I wanted to play.

One strange thing is that I had about 10 health vials that I crafted at the start of the demo and that's what I finished with. I never felt like I was ever in danger of being killed or taking any sort of serious damage and when I took any sort of damage its like Faye had health regen as standard outside of battle, no matter how high my hit points were.

I think the traversal through the world is quite good, that always looked decent from the trailers. The world itself looks aesthetically pleasing and there are features on the map which can grab your attention but these can often be hidden by the terrain leaving you following points on the UI rather than points in the world that have peaked your curiosity.

The rewards for being curious don't seem that great. Artifacts, clothing etc. Perhaps the influence of these items can't be felt in this demo but going to markings for Chests which contain crafting materials or a poncho weaker than the one I started with aren't that enticing. There was no lore between Cuff and Faye at any of these points or any sort of chatter for that matter - that would be a better reward in itself.

I have this game pre-ordered and nothing in this demo has made me want to cancel it. Hopefully with the introduction of a story this will become a good game. I reckon it'll be a solid 7, but a solid 7 I can have fun with.

camac002

Oct 27, 2017
One strange thing is that I had about 10 health vials that I crafted at the start of the demo and that's what I finished with. I never felt like I was ever in danger of being killed or taking any sort of serious damage and when I took any sort of damage its like Faye had health regen as standard outside of battle, no matter how high my hit points were.

I noticed that the demo difficulty in the menu always defaults to Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.