• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
The PC version was released in November.

Nah, God of War was #1 in the PlayStation NPD list.
So no, COD did not sell better than Ragnarök on PlayStation.

p_2534vjjc20.jpg
Psn chart isn't for us only, there is Europe too in the mix , there is other countries outside of america that's wild I know .

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Last night was basically a State of Play
- Major new announcement (DS2)
- Significant DLC announced (Burning Shores)
- Two PC ports
- Bunch of dope indie games

I noticed that DS2 had the "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" branding instead of PlayStation Studios. I guess this is how'll distinguish wholly owned projects with what they're simply publishing and assisting with.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
I just saw Angie thread about sony price being higher on PS5 and it's crazy how much people are defending it
Like now if i want to buy sacboy on PS5 it's 70€ but on PC it's 60€ it's such a bulshit Ps5 version should match PC so they should lower the price there
If they can sell it at 60 on Pc then they can do it on PS5 where they keep 100% of the revenue

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
I just saw Angie thread about sony price being higher on PS5 and it's crazy how much people are defending it
Like now if i want to buy sacboy on PS5 it's 70€ but on PC it's 60€ it's such a bulshit Ps5 version should match PC so they should lower the price there
If they can sell it at 60 on Pc then they can do it on PS5 where they keep 100% of the revenue

That game goes on sale cheaper than it does on steam. Put it on your wishlist and jump when it's like half off.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
The person you quoted was talking about the US market...
Soooo...Try to focus next time?
And in the answer of mine that you quoted I explicitly said "on psn chart"? Also COD have most likely sold more than GOW on playstation in the US, that pic that you showed was for november and COD released on the 27th October , so there is 4 days of COD that isn't tracked in the november charts, within those 4 days we had playstation saying that it was the biggest playstation store launch ever for a COD.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I mean I think it's people coming from two angles

1) If there's a work around that's easy and simple, why are you complaining? All the internet is IS complaining, and ppl are just sick of it in general, it's not championing Sony so much as tired of seeing so much outrage over everything. The work around is, you often find all these games cheaper than $70.

2) This sucks and it's ok to vent about it...

So I think you have a fair amount of people venting and then the other side is saying "hey I bought this for like $40, it's not that serious". So in the end it's w/e...but I don't think it's Sony defense force. People on forums are pretty attached to the industy afaik, pretty critical of everything industry related. Hell even gamepass lovers who desperately want the deal to pass will still be bitching if subs price increases.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I completed all five demos they released last night after the TGA, and they are all quite good in their own way.
I posted my lengthy impressions of Forspoken in the demo thread, so I won't repeat them here, but the others were nice too:
Definitely didn't expect the Bramble to have such a photoreal look, and the game seems very much inspired by Ico in terms of character movement, and it also copies one action puzzle from Inside. Didn't expect it to be so freaky and gory in places either.
Thirsty Suitors is well written and voiced, and has great character designs. Not so interesting to play, but fun to see and experience. In the best horoscope fashion, when the game calculates your thirstsona, you will say "wow, of course!".
You Suck at Stopping is a fun throwback to isometric car racing games I loved playing on C64 and Amiga, but with a twist related to timing your stopping. Very nice car controls.
Seasons also has the intrigue and writing going for it. The narration during that scene where you lay on the ground gave me goosebumps. It also has surpisingly well realized bicycle driving physics and controls, at least for what little you get to do it in the demo.

DangerMouse

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Two PC ports

I noticed that DS2 had the "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" branding instead of PlayStation Studios. I guess this is how'll distinguish wholly owned projects with what they're simply publishing and assisting with.
Yeah, it really was like one of those.
Noticed that too but it seems like that just happened on the copy they got to Geoff for the show where it just went straight into the trailer (or to make the reveal more of a surprise?), since the official trailer that went up on Playstation's youtube now opens with the full PlayStation Studios opener too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOmTBfDD6a4

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
- Two PC ports

The uploaded trailer on youtube has the PS Studios logo pop at the beginning, they still wholly own DS.

Smitch

Apr 21, 2022
I mean I think it's people coming from two angles

1) If there's a work around that's easy and simple, why are you complaining? All the internet is IS complaining, and ppl are just sick of it in general, it's not championing Sony so much as tired of seeing so much outrage over everything. The work around is, you often find all these games cheaper than $70.

2) This sucks and it's ok to vent about it...

So I think you have a fair amount of people venting and then the other side is saying "hey I bought this for like $40, it's not that serious". So in the end it's w/e...but I don't think it's Sony defense force. People on forums are pretty attached to the industy afaik, pretty critical of everything industry related. Hell even gamepass lovers who desperately want the deal to pass will still be bitching if subs price increases.
I'm complaining because i think it's unfaire that we pay more for version for 1st party games on their own platform were they gain the most money
Where i live physical is more expensive than digital and we're not a supported contry by playstation so digital is the cheaper way for me to buy games so i never find those cheaper deal

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Huh... Since when did the store on PS5 finally get a demo section?
Those silent updates, lol.

When some of us first got it, it only showed games on the main page and when you went to View All it was blank.

Same for the update to the Activity Cards, I had an empty space where a card was supposed to be. It took a few days for it to finished updating/rolling out.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
And in the answer of mine that you quoted I explicitly said "on psn chart"? Also COD have most likely sold more than GOW on playstation in the US, that pic that you showed was for november and COD released on the 27th October , so there is 4 days of COD that isn't tracked in the november charts, within those 4 days we had playstation saying that it was the biggest playstation store launch ever for a COD.
Yes، sure COD is a bigger IP than GoW if that what you are trying to say lol.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed that too but it seems like that just happened on the copy they got to Geoff for the show where it just went straight into the trailer (or to make the reveal more of a surprise?), since the official trailer that went up on Playstation's youtube now opens with the full PlayStation Studios opener too.

The uploaded trailer on youtube has the PS Studios logo pop at the beginning, they still wholly own DS.
Huh. Yeah that do be the PS Studios logo.

DangerMouse

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup.
Which also reminds me, I definitely think this time they'll make sure they handle eventual PC publishing duties for DS2 entirely themselves, and now they can since they have their PC publishing label set up.

Smitch

Apr 21, 2022
Just saw DS2 trailer on 4k for the first 🥵 (i saw it mutliple time but in 1080p)
It looks TOO GOOD
Decima is an amazing engine

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I'm complaining because i think it's unfaire that we pay more for version for 1st party games on their own platform were they gain the most money
Where i live physical is more expensive than digital and we're not a supported contry by playstation so digital is the cheaper way for me to buy games so i never find those cheaper deal
Yeah I get it. I'm digital only and the deals aren't as frequent or easy as physical, but they do pop up farily often for me in the U.S. I think I only bought ER/GOW/Horizon full price this year.

Smitch

Apr 21, 2022
Yeah I get it. I'm digital only and the deals aren't as frequent or easy as physical, but they do pop up farily often for me in the U.S. I think I only bought ER/GOW/Horizon full price this year.
Yeah i really hope digital deals become more frequent

I think they just remove the Studios logo for some reveals to either add some curiosity or not wanting to fill up third party events with their logos lol
Yeah i think even horizon DLC trailer didn't had the playstation studio logo

Isn't 14 mil views a lot for a tv show trailer?

www.youtube.com

The Last of Us | Official Trailer | Max

The official #TheLastOfUs trailer is here. From the Emmy award-winning creator of Chernobyl and the creator of the acclaimed video game, the new HBO Original...

If the show is as good as I think it will be, TLOU property might become an absolute jugernaut
Literally only behind house of the dragon & peacemaker, this show is gonna huge…

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
It's impressive how Kojima's team and GG support team seem to know how to use the engine better than GG's own main team. I just can't remember anything in the Horizon games that would match the quality of some of the fancier effects and shading that was in Death Stranding, or especially now in DS2 like with the particle fluid surface effect where the black liquid drains from around that ship. I know this could be "just" alembic animation for cutscene, but it's still something that looks so ambitious compared to Horizon games.

Last edited:

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Gow is also most likely losing to pokemon if you add digital sales, which isn't a multiplat game. COD also sold more than Gow on ps4 and was top 2 on ps5 according to psn chart so it's most likely that Cod is ahead of GOW on psn too without other platform sales.

Everyone keeps saying this but since when is Pokémon or Nintendo games huge digital sellers? Also none of the GOW bundles count towards NPD so it's not that clear cut. Not saying it's impossible but it's not a foregone conclusion that Pokémon would be higher especially when you consider that although Pokémon sold more overall WW nearly 4 million of those copies were in Japan where as for GOW it's at best a couple 100k.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo already announced that Pokemon Scarlet/Violet sold 10m in the first three days, so there really isn't a debate on what the better seller was. It sucks that NPD information has been getting kneecapped over the years, so we have to wait for press releases from the publishers themselves.

All that said, nothing should be taken away from Ragnarok's accomplishments.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone keeps saying this but since when is Pokémon or Nintendo games huge digital sellers? Also none of the GOW bundles count towards NPD so it's not that clear cut. Not saying it's impossible but it's not a foregone conclusion that Pokémon would be higher especially when you consider that although Pokémon sold more overall WW nearly 4 million of those copies were in Japan where as for GOW it's at best a couple 100k.

In 2020, Nintendo said that digital topped physical for them for the first time. Granted that was the pandemic and physical sales came back a little bit, but everything I've read recently says that Nintendo hovers around 50/50 with physical and digital sales.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It's impressive how Kojima's team and GG support team seem to know how to use the engine better than GG's own main team. I just can't remember anything in the Horizon games that would match the quality of some of the fancier effects and shading that was in Death Stranding, or especially now in DS2 like with the particle fluid surface effect where the black liquid drains from around that ship. I know this could be "just" alembic animation for cutscene, but it's still something that looks so ambitions compared to Horizon games.

Water dripped and flowed off of machines in Horizon FW too, but not quite to that extent. Plus of course water is transparent whereas the liquid in DS is black, so it's easier to see. We'll see if that's ramped up in Burning Shores

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
The PC version was released in November.

Nah, God of War was #1 in the PlayStation NPD list.
So no, COD did not sell better than Ragnarök on PlayStation.

p_2534vjjc20.jpg

It doesn't count bundles, right? I saw Ragnarok bundles everywhere.

It's impressive how Kojima's team and GG support team seem to know how to use the engine better than GG's own main team. I just can't remember anything in the Horizon games that would match the quality of some of the fancier effects and shading that was in Death Stranding, or especially now in DS2 like with the particle fluid surface effect where the black liquid drains from around that ship. I know this could be "just" alembic animation for cutscene, but it's still something that looks so ambitious compared to Horizon games.

Both DS1 and DS2 came after HZD and HFW respectively, so its not surprising that they are better. Not to mention that KojiPro actually has a presence in Guerilla Amsterdam, so its not as if they are just any external partner, they are quite heavily involved now.

When I restart GoW Ragnarok it says SIE and then SMS and then goes into the game. Not sure why they are suddenly promoting SIE more.
Totally random speculation - I wonder if Bungie may have influenced it. Not a PS Studios title, but certainly a SIE one. Then there will be some third party games from the East too which will be SIE, but not PS Studios.

Last edited:

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't count bundles, right? I saw Ragnarok bundles everywhere.

Both DS1 and DS2 came after HZD and HFW respectively, so its not surprising that they are better. Not to mention that KojiPro actually has a presence in Guerilla Amsterdam, so its not as if they are just any external partner, they are quite heavily involved now.

Bundles are not included in NDP numbers, regardless of whether or not it is a disc or a code.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
In 2020, Nintendo said that digital topped physical for them for the first time. Granted that was the pandemic and physical sales came back a little bit, but everything I've read recently says that Nintendo hovers around 50/50 with physical and digital sales.

Your link goes to a giphy link for me. Is this on an overall 50/50 sales which would include the thousands of indie games that don't get physical releases? But either way that isn't going to be on a every game basis and their single player big games aren't going to be 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.