• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of all the Sony studios that should have something ready to show, it should be Bend, right? This month will be four years since the release of Days Gone.
It's not clear how long they've been working on their current project. We know they had a failed Days Gone 2 pitch and their directors left which probably slowed things down as well. It definitely wasn't a case where they went full steam ahead on a new game as soon as Days Gone launched.

Jul 2, 2021
Of all the Sony studios that should have something ready to show, it should be Bend, right? This month will be four years since the release of Days Gone.
Not really because they went through some restructuring and had some other things to do before starting to work on a new IP. Guerrilla Games has been working on their multiplayer project for more than 5 years.

redbomb6

Sep 22, 2021
I actually think Bend is one of the few studios that we are unlikely to see anything out of including London studio, haven and media molecule (if dreams is still their only project). If I remember correctly, the Schreier article from a couple years ago about Sony focusing on blockbuster titles mentioned how Bend was a support studio for a bit after Days Gone. I don't think they started working on their IP until 2021 so they'd just be coming up to 2 years of working on it. It is highly unlikely that we will see anything from them as they are working on a brand new IP from scratch.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I wish Sony was more upfront about the date for their showcase. We already know when Xbox is doing there's, give us more notice! My boss is trying to force me to take some leave because I have too many and I would love to have it around the time if the showcase.

First world problems!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Goddamn, cant believe they shadowdropped ng+ like that.

And the cloak, fuck yes.

Time to kill gods again

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
Pixel remaster release date? What great news to wake up to can't wait!

Square please stop, my wallet can only take so much

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
What the name of this character?

Death-Stranding-2-2.jpg

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Speaking strictly about Bungie, who's a great support studio to integrate under Bungie for their expansions?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking strictly about Bungie, who's a great support studio to integrate under Bungie for their expansions?

I dunno about support studios, it feels like Bungie are expanding on all fronts to handle everything in-house by doing mass-hires. I'm sure that if they need help then they can tap into the vast support infrastructure of PlayStation Studios. Dunno if they necessarily need another studio integrated into them. Not that it couldn't happen, of course, just saying I'm not so sure that they need it.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I dunno about support studios, it feels like Bungie are expanding on all fronts to handle everything in-house by doing mass-hires. I'm sure that if they need help then they can tap into the vast support infrastructure of PlayStation Studios. Dunno if they necessarily need another studio integrated into them. Not that it couldn't happen, of course, just saying I'm not so sure that they need it.
Its the quickest way to expand and it means we'll get new Bungie games when they become a 3k studio.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Its the quickest way to expand and it means we'll get new Bungie games when they become a 3k studio.
I'm all for Bungie growing to truly mammoth proportions 😁

A few days ago this was one of my wishes for them:

"Have Bungie take on another 2,000 devs and make an annual single player Destiny game to go alongside all the live service stuff. Have us play as someone other than our Guardian from the current Destiny 2 game so both characters can grow separately in the vast, lore-rich world"

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
If someone told you back in the 90s that this would be an in-game playable character model, would you believe them?

Fs9uweZWABEAD3P

Source

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I'm all for Bungie growing to truly mammoth proportions 😁

A few days ago this was one of my wishes for them:

"Have Bungie take on another 2,000 devs and make an annual single player Destiny game to go alongside all the live service stuff. Have us play as someone other than our Guardian from the current Destiny 2 game so both characters can grow separately in the vast, lore-rich world"
Yeah Bungie has no walls atm.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
If someone told you back in the 90s that this would be an in-game playable character model, would you believe them?

Fs9uweZWABEAD3P

Source
My pre-teen brain would have probably exploded.
Now I'm imagining myself traveling back in time to show myself a trailer for Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores to ruin my perception of graphics throughout my whole childhood.

Me: Man, these SNES graphics look like crap compared to HFW. Can't wait for the PS5 to release...
Friends: The fuck are you talking about?
Me:
ec1.png

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I just looked it up and it being Higgs is just a theory. So for now it is mysterious person.
Who's voiced by the same actor.
I think it's pretty safe to say it's Higgs.

But then again it's Kojima.

It's definitely Troy Baker model at least, I saw a YT video analysing the trailer after finishing DS and they mentioned that at one point you can see the ear of that character which matches Troy's perfectly 🤓

Moobabe

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah said it yesterday but if the price is right I am defintely interested in it.
Being able to play the less graphical games when the TV is being used would make me play allot more.

I'm *kind* of in this boat. I got a bonus this month and was considering a steam deck (but I really don't need one), but I realised it was more about comfort and convenience.

A PS5 thing that allows me to play while my girlfriend watches something would be great.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to feel intense lack of something like Burnout or Driveclub. Man, I will never get over just outright blasting Evolution like that, I Imagine how potential DC2 could have looked on PS5 and I actually get angry at Sony.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know this for sure? I remember Hermen Hulst mentioning that they're working on "original content", not necessarily a new IP. But I could be wrong.

The original content comment was for Bluepoint's game. Bend are working on a new IP

PSB: How important is new IP for PlayStation Studios?

Hermen: New IP is incredibly important to us. New IP is the lifeblood of gaming. But, new IP is just one aspect of our strategy. Ultimately, I want PlayStation Studios to be fiercely daring, to take risks. I want us to continue to embrace the legacy of PlayStation, pushing the boundaries of gaming, keep making games that matter. Games that, probably, wouldn't have been made anywhere else.

And you know, Bend Studio is working on a very exciting new IP that they're very, very passionate about. They're building on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone. So I'm really happy for Bend Studio.

blog.playstation.com

Hermen Hulst Q&A: What’s Next for PlayStation Studios

Head of PlayStation Studios shares insight into what’s to come.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions

Moobabe

Nov 7, 2017
I am starting to feel intense lack of something like Burnout or Driveclub. Man, I will never get over just outright blasting Evolution like that, I Imagine how potential DC2 could have looked on PS5 and I actually get angry at Sony.

100000%.

DC wasn't really my jam, but fucking hell it looked good.

GT is even *less* my jam -- I'm much more partial to a Forza / Burnout / Motorstorm style game -- so I hope we see a "fun" racer on the console at some point.

I can only imagine how good a Motorstorm would look these days.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
100000%.

DC wasn't really my jam, but fucking hell it looked good.

GT is even *less* my jam -- I'm much more partial to a Forza / Burnout / Motorstorm style game -- so I hope we see a "fun" racer on the console at some point.

I can only imagine how good a Motorstorm would look these days.
There are moments when I think Driveclub is the best looking game ever made, even now. Such a fucking shame.

Moobabe

Nov 7, 2017
Interesting to see Rollerdrome
There are moments when I think Driveclub is the best looking game ever made, even now. Such a fucking shame.

It really might be. I can still see those early trailers with the rain on the wind shield...

Honestly didn't hear about it, it's a Limbo/Inside like game? At least seems so😆, anyway interesting.

Kind of - but a little bit more narrative-focused. The first has cool dialogue choices etc, rather than straight platforming. Similar "vibes" though.

Also, an interesting spot, Roller Drome is part of this month's Humble Bundle! I wonder if this suggests it might swing onto PS+ soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.