Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
state of plays are so unexciting sigh.

Patiently waiting for the actual showcase

The September 2022 SoP was quite good with them revealing that they're publishing Stellar Blade and announcing Rise of the Ronin. This SoP has potential to be incredible even if it's just showing updates to already announced games. SB, RotR, Rebirth, Silent Hill 2, MGS3, Foamstars, Helldivers 2 etc. I don't remember if they gave a specific timeframe for Concord's proper reveal this year, but that's a possibility as well if they didn't.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
The September 2022 SoP was quite good with them revealing that they're publishing Stellar Blade and announcing Rise of the Ronin. This SoP has potential to be incredible even if it's just showing updates to already announced games. SB, RotR, Rebirth, Silent Hill 2, MGS3, Foamstars, Helldivers 2 etc. I don't remember if they gave a specific timeframe for Concord's proper reveal this year, but that's a possibility as well if they didn't.

Occasionally some SoP's can be decent but they're not showcase level.
Well, if we go by the last showcase...

We don't acknowledge that one. In my mind that was an alternate reality. Never happened in this one.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
State of Play has games to show
Showcase has more games to show

games are shown 👍

Jul 2, 2021
Sadly this isn't a console wars thing
It is.
It started with calling Naughty Dog's games (Uncharted) "movie games". When you hear someone calling Sony's and Naughty Dog's games "movie games" you already know it's 99% bullshit console warring. "It's a movie and not a game. It has no gameplay or bad gameplay."
And since TLOU2 (just to make it clear, I don't like TLOU2 either and I didn't like what they did in this game) they added a whole new group of toxic people to their hate list. And they always show up when there are some news about the TLOU series or Neil Druckmann.

It's time for another feel-good Uncharted game and a new IP.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I love the Internet. The DualSense V2 has been sold since last month in some European countries and just because Best Buy Canada has it too, the Internet starts to care 😅

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Will give Granblue demo a try to see if I pre-order. Very interested in the game from the videos.

Chris Metal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It is.
It started with calling Naughty Dog's games (Uncharted) "movie games". When you hear someone calling Sony's and Naughty Dog's games "movie games" you already know it's 99% bullshit console warring. "It's a movie and not a game. It has no gameplay or bad gameplay."
And since TLOU2 (just to make it clear, I don't like TLOU2 either and I didn't like what they did in this game) they added a whole new group of toxic people to their hate list. And they always show up when there are some news about the TLOU series or Neil Druckmann.

Doesn't matter, if Neil's involved the haters will follow and shit on it. ND could make BG3 or AW2, but if Druckmann is directing...

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The new town that they showed in the Relink stream looks incredible

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is.

Tbh it doest matter because is just a small portion of idiots

Their games still sells like crazy and they are one of the top devs of the world.
So…yeah, internet

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Iirc SoPs early in the year were typically the weakest. But they have actually quite a few big games lined up they could show in the next SoP, so I assume it's gonna be a good one this time around.

But yeah, personally I would like them to have something similar to Microsoft's developer_direct. First party content with deep dives into Concord, Helldivers 2, Death Stranding 2 and maybe another suprise announcement.

But I guess we will only see Helldivers 2 in the next SoP.

Woozy

Feb 22, 2022
Honestly I'm at a point where I don't care if the SoPs will be good or bad, I'll just take any kind of communication from SIE

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Same. It's nice that the demo let you play with so many characters (11).

Yeah! I really wanna dig into every character. I thought the demo was coming out soon but have to wait for tomorrow 😭 Can't wait.

Lmao bruh. I went in for a MRI and but I checked my phone before. I kept thinking while that machine was fucking my ears that up that when I get home I'll have the demo waiting for me. I hate everything and everyone now

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for Sony to wake up and show Ronin gameplay deep dive... This is all i want from next SoP (yeah, i don't ask for much).

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Building Final Fantasy XVI with Producer Naoki Yoshida | AIAS Game Maker's Notebook Podcast

View: https://youtu.be/sGh7Ti0b_bY?si=FGIerndmHMgMlNez

Shuhei Yoshida chats with FINAL FANTASY XVI Producer Naoki Yoshida. Together they discuss his career and what led to him helping relaunch FINAL FANTASY XIV and eventually producing the newest entry in the series; the key decisions they made with FINAL FANTASY XVI with their approach to story and gameplay; how they navigated the pandemic and how it impacted development; and his thoughts on what young game developers looking to break into the industry can do to prepare themselves.

0:00 Introduction
2:27 Interview Start
4:32 Yoshida-san's Early Career and Rebuilding FFXIV
12:09 Starting work on FINAL FANTASY XVI
19:35 Taking the Necessary Time to Develop FFXVI
21:14 Building the Story and World of FFXV
29:14 Matching Game Design Decisions to Story and Concept
35:34 Eikon Battles and FINAL FANTASY Summons
38:47 Biggest Production Challenges
43:21 Developing for the PlayStation 5
46:53 Pandemic's Impact on Development
56:13 Promotional Strategies for FFXVI