• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
this business segment meeting 2024 is the most interesting at least for me as a gamer, this is where every year jim ryan was explaining at a corporate level the SIE business part by part, i think last year there was in that segment at the end the Q&A with hermen, eric, lin tao and jim right?
yes, it was the business segment meeting 2023 where we saw jim, hermen, lin tao and eric Q&A, cant wait to this one, maybe there will be another Q&A with them and hiroki totoki? who knows but i cant wait, here is the complete segment in youtube if anyone is interested in watching it again

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaMs0wCIq8

PantsGuy82

Feb 16, 2022
I Doubt Stellar Blade will sell huge numbers. But the pre-orders are probably bigger than Sony expected. If it reaches Bayonetta 3 numbers would it be good enough? 1 million in three months. Or Bayonetta 3 was considered a flop?

Not that Amazon sales are any indication, but it is currently the #1 Best Seller (at least in the US region). There is also the fact that the ShiftUp is already working on/staffing-up for its next project which could be indicative of the pre-order numbers. The demo really did Stellar Blade a great service and put a big spotlight on it. It's found its way into the mainstream conversation and deservedly so.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
This won't happen but I'd love for MM to make a sort of anthology game. A package of like 4-5 smaller but super high quality games in the vein of Tren. Let them flex their creative muscles.

This would probably bomb again. Dreams was already that with 3 different types of games in the campaign and it just lacked the marketability.

What they need is a strong direction with a clear focus on one MC/mascot, that can carry the marketing.

They had that with LBP1+2 but Dreams did not really have that to attract the mass market.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
You might want to rethink this.
No. I said what I said and I stand by it.

I feel like you're overestimating the amount of people that are probably even aware of that stuff with SB. Not to mention that in the case of the wizard game, its still an insanely popular and beloved ip that for better or worse still has an insanely huge fanbase and was excited for that game.

I mean I assume that the majority of people who are eagerly waiting for this game's release are not visually impaired and can see the blatantly obvious elephant-ass in the room.

But maybe I did overestimate the amount of people who gives a damn about women's bodies being objectified, commodified, and dehumanised, who knows 🤔

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
Welp, it's finally happened. Done with Ubisoft. Literally dropped and deleted Valhalla. Sometimes you just need a break from a game before you hop back into it, ya know? Not this time amigos. I've given that company so many second chances, but it's here and now that I FINALLY realize - I'm tired of Ubisoft games. It's official. Mark it down.
I started Assassin's Creed Valhalla a few weeks ago and I am still happily chugging along with nearly 80 hours logged. I understand the criticisms, but I love these games and I have 100% in Origins and Odyssey (and Mirage). Could they make these games less bloated? Definitely, I think Mirage proved that can work well and I'd even prefer they made more like that with a smaller scope, but I still have fun with these behemoths and the Ubi formula is not stale for me yet somehow.

On the flip side, I can't really abide super-long JRPG - ex. you'd have to hold me at gunpoint to finish a Persona game - so I guess people just have different tolerances for these things.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
This would probably bomb again. Dreams was already that with 3 different types of games in the campaign and it just lacked the marketability.

What they need is a strong direction with a clear focus on one MC/mascot, that can carry the marketing.

They had that with LBP1+2 but Dreams did not really have that to attract the mass market.
I don't disagree.

Zero idea what their next game is going to look like. Only thing I feel confident in is that it will be much more of a traditional game.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
two remasters no one asked for.
one was a remake and part 2 got the remaster but ok.. anyway, the sales of both games and the sinergy between games and the show wasnt a waste, just look at the fallout show and how the games are selling, be ready for SIE to make more remasters and remake when they bring even more shows and movies, i dont think it will be a waste, it will bring value to the IP and new customers

boards.greenhouse.io

Principal Programmer - Art Technology

United Kingdom, Guildford

New IP

interesting how easy is for sony studios write the words "NEW IP" in their job listings in this case media molecule, but in the case of bluepoint they dont say "NEW IP", further confirmation IMO they are making a game with an existing IP, maybe god of war?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

CyGames confirms Project Awakening is still in development, more updates “in the coming months” News - Sony

https://x.com/PjAwakening/status/1782794631932965271 It’s been years since the last update on this game, I think most assumed development resources moved to GB Relink but now that it’s out it seems we’ll finally see something of this game again. This is the last trailer from PlayStation’s TGS...

It lives

Holy shit. I was certain this was this gen's Deep Down

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
www.resetera.com

CyGames confirms Project Awakening is still in development, more updates “in the coming months” News - Sony

https://x.com/PjAwakening/status/1782794631932965271 It’s been years since the last update on this game, I think most assumed development resources moved to GB Relink but now that it’s out it seems we’ll finally see something of this game again. This is the last trailer from PlayStation’s TGS...

It lives
You welcome

I stole from you on discord lol

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
From the Stellar Blade ViDoc, Sony sent Shuhei to look for some South Korean projects, which Shift Up learned about and sent Sony a notice that they wanted to their project which would become Stellar Blade. It's cool to learn about how some publishing deals were made in the industry.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
www.resetera.com

It lives
Seems like a twitter fan account than an official one.

Still, assuming Project Awakening still exists, SIE & XDEV should definitely partner with Cygames next now that they've successfully released GranBlue Re:Link.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Seems like a twitter fan account than an official one.

Still, assuming Project Awakening still exists, SIE & XDEV should definitely partner with Cygames next now that they've successfully released GranBlue Re:Link.
Kind of wild some rando cared enough to know when's Cygames financial report to tease this right before that lol.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
I mean I assume that the majority of people who are eagerly waiting for this game's release are not visually impaired and can see the blatantly obvious elephant-ass in the room.

But maybe I did overestimate the amount of people who gives a damn about women's bodies being objectified, commodified, and dehumanised, who knows 🤔

I mean, i could post over a dozens of videos women thoroughly enjoying the demo and wasnt offended but that probably wouldn't be allowed here lol.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Inappropriate Joke; Boys Club Behaviour; Recent Ban for the Same
From the Stellar Blade ViDoc, Sony sent Shuhei to look for some South Korean projects, which Shift Up learned about and sent Sony a notice that they wanted to their project which would become Stellar Blade. It's cool to learn about how some publishing deals were made in the industry.
Shu when they showed him dat ass

EW3cI1UWAAAh65J.jpg:large

1 gift from Syne New

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Syne Syne!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Syne said:
Code is for US accounts but you can still enter if you have/want to make a US account to redeem outside of the US!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): Tales of Kenzera: ZAU - Won by COSMEFULANITO COSMEFULANITO (16 entries)

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Too bad ND wasted time on Factions. PS5 already suffered from the long cross gen period. I was expecting two games from them in this generation. Can they achieve that?

Status
Not open for further replies.