• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
After this week, we'll have made it halfway through May without PS5 news. We just have to make it through the 2nd half and we're golden.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sounds like tomorrow isn't it about Sony or Xbox directly, but rather indirectly so something industry wide.
AWDf.gif

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Industry has come to terms with microtransactions being terrible. Stripped from all games effective immediately and never to be seen again.

/s

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the announcement is some sort of Covid-related initiative? Like the entire industry chipping into a relief pool or something. It would check all the boxes from what people and Geoff are saying.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Apparently the announcement is something that wouldn't be seen as a big deal during a normal E3 as well.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
The most important reason why we need Bloodborne 2 is a new soundtrack. ITs probably my favorite this gen by far.

Ich kann mich noch immer an das geniale Niesgeräusch von ihm erinnern 😂

I have to rewatch it. I dont remember it. I remember his schluckauf though

All I've heard so far is that it's something I won't care about, which narrows it down to, like, 99% of all potential announcements.

awww man, PS, you sure know how to be a downer.

Oh I thought you meant I'm near an important/memorable story segment involving him.

Nah, just that Cutter is a swell dude.

Maybe it's some kind of new cross-platform initiative where you buy a game on PS but have access to it on Xbox as well and vice versa.

So out of left-field and unlikely that no one would ever expect it but also something that most people would be excited for.
Thats definitely not it, haha.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Something about the Sony Studios article caught my eye today. This part right here:
Sony's PS4 games will also carry the PlayStation Studios branding, but it won't be ready in time for the launch of The Last of Us: Part II or Ghosts of Tsushima, which are both due to arrive this summer. It will also miss the launch of Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC, although Lempel says that any future games it releases on other platforms will also carry the branding.

What if today's Sony Studios announcement is to get us ready for something bigger tomorrow?
Just an idea. I obviously know nothing.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if this was posted here, but apparently Silent Hill entered full development sometime around 2019 and is planned to be released in 2021.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something about the Sony Studios article caught my eye today. This part right here:
What if today's Sony Studios announcement is to get us ready for something bigger tomorrow?
Just an idea. I obviously know nothing.
Some games will be multiplatform. See MLB The Show next year, or Predator: Hunting Grounds this year. Those upocoming multiplatform games will also have this new branding, because they are 1st party games. That's what he means.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
Hmmm... adjusting expectations for tomorrow. I'm guessing more of an industry related headline than a game related one.

This is such a good move for Ghost of Tsushima, I was wondering if Sony were going to give the game some more spotlight before release - this is a good move. A state of play all to itself. I'm avoiding it as I want to go in blind after seeing the incredible reveal trailer, but I hope you all enjoy. Excited to read your impressions.

I like Geoff's endless optimism. Got enough cynical folks in this industry.

Agreed, he just loves the industry and it's nice to see so much energy by a fan towards it.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
All these insiders who know about tomorrow and yet we've no idea what's going on. This hype will lead to many people getting disappointed.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Yeah, I cant really get a read on what it could be
I think it's some studio related thing, maybe a new studio or maybe some bigger player entering the field like Apple or Amazon. A Google Stadia Studio would be... something.

At this point, I don't think it's a game at all, but rather something meta to the gaming industry. Jeff talk about future tech doesn't help either.

In the end, I believe it is PSVR2 or PS Now/services related, if it's Sony related.

Status
Not open for further replies.