• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Ok stop saying this dude anyone can make a MLB game right now they where not forced on anything.

Unless the MLB deal has changed, it wasn't anyone... but yes, Xbox and Nintendo could have released their own MLB games. BUT EA or Acclaim (😁) wouldn't be able to release MLB games (unless it was published by MS or Nintendo).

MLB might have gave Sony a deal they couldn't refuse. Like you said, that doesn't mean they were forced. It was just a great ass deal.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't make sense, couple days ago they announced support for next gen consoles in UE 4.

venturebeat.com

Unreal Engine 4.25 launches with next-gen console support

XR Epic Games has released Unreal Engine 4.25, which introduces support for the next-gen consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X).

Of course it makes sense. The next-gen consoles need to support UE4 so they can run current-gen and cross-gen games.

That does not mean UE5 is not going to happen.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the MLB deal has changed, it wasn't anyone... but yes, Xbox and Nintendo could have released their own MLB games. BUT EA or Acclaim (😁) wouldn't be able to release MLB games (unless it was published by MS or Nintendo).

MLB might have gave Sony a deal they couldn't refuse. Like you said, that doesn't mean they were forced. It was just a great ass deal.
Thanks for the correction!

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday
57f.gif
latest

giphy.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
YAWN. Fancy "next gen" engine graphics demos with no relevance to how games will actually look during gameplay or whatever. Booooring.

Unless Epic announces and uses a new Unreal Tournament to demonstrate it. Then we're in business.

Whatever happened to the new one they were making, anyway?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That doesn't make sense, couple days ago they announced support for next gen consoles in UE 4.

venturebeat.com

Unreal Engine 4.25 launches with next-gen console support

XR Epic Games has released Unreal Engine 4.25, which introduces support for the next-gen consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X).
Will be a while before devs move to UE5. All UE games in development are using UE4. UE4.25 allows them to easily add RTX etc to their existing or already in development games.

Even if UE5 released this year it would likely be a couple of years before we start seeing games built on it. Same as beginning of this gen when most games were still using UE3.

Laziness

Apr 19, 2018
Blood Curse is fantastic! Enjoy it. How was Siren 2? I imported the PAL version to play on my PS2. True, with all the buzz around this Silent Hill entry from Sony, it seems like it's a more obvious direction for Sony to take, at least at the moment.
Oh man, that was a long time ago. The gameplay definitely felt better than the first one, not that original was bad, but they improved some aspects for sure. The story seemed ever weirder than the first one (not in a bad way) but I did enjoy it alongside with the overall aesthetics. Some of those creature designs could give real chills. There is a lot of potential in that series in my opinion, but hey, if it's dead, so be it, at least it had a good run. Whatever Toyama is working on right now – I'm 100% on board. That project is for sure one of the most excited of all the potential ps5 games for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Unreal Engine 5 announcement with Geoff? That doesn't sound like something the general public would be interested in but more like developers. Ain't happening tomorrow.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully after the ghosts state of play they start becoming a little more open to discussing and showing some ps5 stuff

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
Oh man, that was a long time ago. The gameplay definitely felt better than the first one, not that original was bad, but they improved some aspects for sure. The story seemed ever weirder than the first one (not in a bad way) but I did enjoy it alongside with the overall aesthetics. Some of those creature designs could give real chills. There is a lot of potential in that series in my opinion, but hey, if it's dead, so be it, at least it had a good run. Whatever Toyama is working on right now – I'm 100% on board. That project is for sure one of the most excited of all the potential ps5 games for me.

Nice impressions, thanks for sharing! I agree with you - the series had an excellent run, would still love a new entry some day hopefully. But I am definitely more excited to see this rumoured Silent Hill project come to life. With Sony Japan's backing and Toyama back on board for the first time since the original, it sounds way too awesome. One of most anticipated potential announcements.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I see Sony copied Marvel or even Xbox one more time I'm gonna punch someone, copying my post from new video thread:
God damn people need to take a stroll down the memory lane it seems

It all started with Sony's Powers TV Show Opening Screen
PlayStation Originals from 2015! (15 seconds)
www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

Seen at the beginning of every episode of Powers.

Then came the Ratchet and Clank Movie from April 2016! (14 seconds)
www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

From Ratchet And Clank(2016)#Sony#PS5#Playstation

Then finally Marvel Studios new logo @ San Diego Comic-Con (July 2016)!!!
(36 seconds)

www.youtube.com

Marvel Studios - the new logo 2016

Marvel Studios presented its new logo at the San Diego Comic-Con 2016.

So now the facts are straight, and who went first who followed established, lets look at current situation

Microsoft Xbox Games Studios Opening Cinametics from June 2019 (45 seconds!)
www.youtube.com

Xbox Game Studios Opening Cinematic

Welcome to Xbox Game Studios.Made up of 13 distinct game development studios responsible for some of the biggest game franchises in history like Age of Empir...

And at last PlayStation Studios Opening Animation from May 12, 2020 (17 seconds)
www.youtube.com

PlayStation Studios Opening Animation

Introducing PlayStation Studios, the new brand name for all of your favorite exclusive PlayStation games.

If you look at the dates and also the durations it is pretty much clear cut who got the original idea and followed through till the end and who copied who...

We heard "PlayStation Studios" in December already, if I remember correctly. So yeah, this has been in the making for a while.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I am offended that they used tired "All 4 one" Ratchet

he looks sleep deprived lol

I mean I like everything else about the design except for the eyes (the look would look better if they made said render model more cell shaded)

I am guessing the person making it had to use some footage and scrapped whatever they could find. I mean they footage b-roll itself will change from game to game

Status
Not open for further replies.