Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
LMAO

Sony is too broke to even get iconic PlayStation IP's such as Crash and Spyro back from Activision.

But suddenly have enough money to buy Silent Hill, MGS AND Castlevania from Konami?

They aint like MS who spend billions of dollars on Minecraft alone.
Yes, because Konami has more money than Activision...

Edit: Hope y'all enjoying the silence! </3

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima is the last big exclusive for the PS4 right? In that case I wouldn't expect any news on PS5 until that game is released.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Sony waited until e3 last gen to reveal the console and the price along with features lol.
Could the next meeting blow all the info in one event?

I mean, let's say the meeting in couple of months, and they reveal how it looks, few new games trailers, and that's it???

No specs (lol), no price, etc.

How lame that would be.

Oct 25, 2017
They had a huge event in february with tons of game footage.

and yet both ms and Sony are about on the same footing as far as Game reveals go right now. As far as features we already knew both had suspend resume and faster load time.

we're in the dark about specs and what the thing looks like. Don't already said they'll reveal all that when ready. I assume they will do a huge info blowout with everything

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and yet both ms and Sony are about on the same footing as far as Game reveals go right now. As far as features we already knew both had suspend resume and faster load time.

we're in the dark about specs and what the thing looks like. Don't already said they'll reveal all that when ready. I assume they will do a huge info blowout with everything
Pretty sure Sony has issues announcing this thing. Tough spot right now for them.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
The most important thing for PS5 today is, that Transistor confirmed that Github leaks are dead.
I'm a little relieved.

Oct 30, 2017
Sony's PS5 reveal strategy is really bad and the pacing is off.

Why did they reveal the first information about the new console so early in these random WIRED-articles last year? And then months and months of silence. It's not like they showed off something super-special that they had to get out as soon as possible.

Most people have probably already forgotten the details.

The whole Corona-virus-thing is probably messing up their plans, too.

At the end of the day people will still buy the PS5 because it's such a strong brand - but that doesn't mean Sony is doing a good job so far(in regards to the reveal).

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
theres nothing indicating that at all right now
Their total silence around PS5 surely is. The competition is giving out news all the time. Even with that pressure, Sony ain't saying anything. Looks like they really are waiting for the XSX price, because they have a weaker console and need to beat the competition in price now.

The whole "let's just say nothing" strategy is just awful PS5 marketing. Like really awful. Ain't doing PS5 any favours.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
they may hold back on the price if MS hasn't revealed that by the time PS5 is fully revealed.
The E3 month could be the time where MS would announce it.

Though, assuming that no PS5 info until June or July because of it...

488851906228256777.gif

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
The earliest we get PS5 news is after TLOU2 releases at best. At worst it'll be after Ghost releases

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Their total silence around PS5 surely is. The competition is giving out news all the time. Even with that pressure, Sony ain't saying anything. Looks like they really are waiting for the XSX price, because they have a weaker console and need to beat the competition in price now.

The whole "let's just say nothing" strategy is just awful PS5 marketing. Like really awful. Ain't doing PS5 any favours.

Waiting on the XSX price sounds like the most likely explanation for this silence, I agree. I'm sure Microsoft is aware of this as well, so I wonder how they will deal with it. Chess game lol.

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

Sony is too broke to even get iconic PlayStation IP's such as Crash and Spyro back from Activision.

But suddenly have enough money to buy Silent Hill, MGS AND Castlevania from Konami?

Holy shitpost. You forgot this isn't Gamefaqs?

Completely baseless speculation.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe Sony probably waits for Coronavirus situation to calm a bit

Situation in Europe is getting worse, same in US (lockdown in many countries in Europe, France will be the next probably tonight)

The news of PS5 will be flooded by Coronavirus news

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
]
Holy shitpost. You forgot this isn't Gamefaqs?
Yeah they aren't broke but if they couldn't get Crash what are the chances they get Konami IPs? They spent the entire gen hyping up Crash from the reveal of the PS4 using Crash music and criptic pics of Crash in advertising to after the trilogy launched all for it to still be under Activision and go multiplatform once again.

Oct 25, 2017

first off nothing indicates PS5 is weaker especially when we've had plenty of people say both consoles are on par.That's just imagination running wild as to why Sony hasn't revealed the console.

Once the entire console is revealed none of this matters. And your casual consumer isn't paying too close attention to new console news right now anyway.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Waiting on the XSX price sounds like the most likely explanation for this silence, I agree. I'm sure Microsoft is aware of this as well, so I wonder how they will deal with it. Chess game lol.
They won't announce the price in June.

Lol, waiting for PS5 will be much longer because of it.

Imagine if that happens...

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Maybe Sony probably waits for Coronavirus situation to calm a bit

Situation in Europe is getting worse, same in US (lockdown in many countries in Europe, France will be the next probably tonight)

The news of PS5 will be flooded by Coronavirus news
They definitely are, people are in an utter state of panic right now. It's not the right time to announce a brand new console, mainly because people won't pay attention

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I would not take him seriously. He says a lot of things.

Oh wow. So he throws everything at the wall to see what sticks and then pretends he's an insider.

LMAO

Not that I think Sony is buying the IPs, but it entirely depends if the publisher is willing to sell and what price they're looking for. Konami clearly has little interest in producing games right now, whereas Activision has a narrowing field of active IPs so it makes sense to me that they'd want to hold on to those they have.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they aren't broke but if they couldn't get Crash what are the chances they get Konami IPs? They spent the entire gen hyping up Crash from the reveal of the PS4 using Crash music and criptic pics of Crash in advertising to after the trilogy launched all for it to still be under Activision and go multiplatform once again.

Most reasonable people don't believe Sony is buying up Konsmi's IPs. The SH projects are the only thing I believe is legit.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
]

That don't really matter .
Sony got what they wanted which was to sell some systems and sell the most copies of the game.
I don't see them buying IP but helping with a game and getting early is also good for them.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
first off nothing indicates PS5 is weaker especially when we've had plenty of people say both consoles are on par.That's just imagination running wild as to why Sony hasn't revealed the console.

Once the entire console is revealed none of this matters. And your casual consumer isn't paying too close attention to new console news right now anyway.
We had people say both consoles are on par last gen with the PS4 and XBO. This means nothing. There is a reason why Sony is silent. And it surely ain't "We are waiting until TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima is out". Their messaging is awful. And it's not hard to realize that. And Sony knows that, too. Them still saying nothing says a lot.

So yeah, let's keep waiting. Whatever. Time to play more Nioh 2.

kenji_sama

Nov 23, 2017
I think the PS5 reveal depends on the COVID-19 situation. The massive spreading of the virus at the moment has taken all the news around the world. It would be bad choice if Sony reveal PS5 now (Unless they thought the total lockdown could lead to the increase in the viewers lol).

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
]

They probably never even tried to buy crash back. They were hyping a timed exclusive game that has deep playstation roots. Most likely they arent trying to buy konami ip either and are funding/developing exclusives.

Oct 25, 2017
We had people say both consoles are on par last gen with the PS4 and XBO. This means nothing. There is a reason why Sony is silent. And it surely ain't "We are waiting until TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima is out". Their messaging is awful. And it's not hard to realize that. And Sony knows that, too. Them still saying nothing says a lot.

for all intents PS4 and Xbox one are on par fam

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft keeps pushing info about Series X (even a Hands on from DF...)
Nintendo, with delay but....keeps pushing their Nintendo direct
Meanwhile in Sony....

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you really follow specs last gen if you saying that since most people with info did not say they were on par.
This gen we have almost all insiders saying the close or like twins or one or the other has a slight edge for eg 11.6 to 12.1 or 12.4 to 12.4

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Sony hasn't been silent. We know a lot about the PS5 (SSD, 3D audio, haptic feedback to name a few).

The reason Sony is silent currently is because they're not ready yet for the full reveal. Probably be May/June for one big information blow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.