• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's GO!

• Pikachu

Votes: 542 27.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 920 46.3%
  • Home

Votes: 527 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
To those that have played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, don't you think that a Pokemon game with its gameplay would be fantastic? Swap the blades for pokemons, changing a few things here and there, and I believe that it would be a great foundation for an open world Pokemon game.
No it wouldnt. I like Xenoblade 2, but the combat is not good for any competitive aspect and would be a horrible and shocking change. Look into Dragon Quest 10 to see what combat should be more like in Pokemon (still turn based but more faster transition from openworld to battle). Xenoblade world design (with a linear progression with more optative stuff and open areas) is what I have commented I hope pokemon will become.
On the names. They are horrible but I guess they are catchy enough. The logos look awesome though, a pity we will probably get a shtity not japanese version if they are legit.

kiriflo

Apr 23, 2018
Do you really think that the administrator Emily said it's real ? That there won't be any announcement this week ?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never really liked Eevee as a Pokemon. Cool evolution gimmick but Eevee itself is just... eh.

On the bright side I adore Espeon. So I'll take it with that in mind.

I also really like Pikachu and Raichu though. Hmmm...

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Look which Pokemon is on the trainers head!
Pokemon-Nintendo-Switch-Leaked-Image-640x353.jpg
If this image ends up being real and we are going back to a flat world built with tiles.... I'd be more than disappointed.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm all in. Those are the real names. That screenshot is real (albeit in an earlier state than we'll see). Games will look like a sharper, slightly higher poly version of the 3DS Games; embracing the cartoony aesthetic even more. I do hope we get better frame rates throughout but all these rumours and leaks seem to be leading to all this been true.

I also think Pokemon will follow us again. If that screenshot is anything to go by Eevee follows us in one of the games so why not all Pokemon? It'd be weird if it was just Eevee and Pikachu who followed you around because you'd miss out on that feature if you boxed them at any point.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
How are they going to balance the two versions without preventing the starters from evolving? An early-game Espeon/Umbreon/Sylveon sounds pretty overpowered for Kanto.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Taking inspiration from World of Final Fantasy then? Some kinda of similar stacking mechanic maybe? Though seems a wired add.

Also could be how they've done a world map maybe?

Heitzu

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Eevee is clearly the better choice as it can evolve into any type you need to round out your team
However two things bother me about this;

1: They better not make it like the FR/LG remakes and prevent evolution into Pokemon created in later gens, this is my only issue with playing in Kanto again.
2: Pikachu is a middle stage Pokemon ever since Gen 2 so it should not a a starter Pokemon. However I don't care too much since I wouldn't use it anyway.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are they going to balance the two versions without preventing the starters from evolving? An early-game Espeon/Umbreon/Sylveon sounds pretty overpowered for Kanto.

The fact that the person playing in the screenshot is in a route where they've already learned Surf(or the PokeRide equivelant) yet still somehow have an Eevee leads me to think there's gonna be something special about the Eevee, like the Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow that couldn't evolve.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Taking inspiration from World of Final Fantasy then? Some kinda of similar stacking mechanic maybe? Though seems a wired add.
Where do you get that from, lol. The idea on the screenshot (if it is legit) is that the trainer is using surf (Lapras) and the chosen pokemon is with him on the map (eevee) in this case safely on top of him

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
At this point are we really sure that they will be traditional core games (original or remakes)? After what Emily said (mentioning spin off twice) and these potential titles, it really seem it could be a sort of spinoff, the first one ever made by GameFreak, maybe with the first 151 Pokémon and a new gameplay.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jonneh If you don't reply to this then the names are real and you (along with the others) have been hinting at exactly this. Otherwise I've got my puddle and cardboard ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.