• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's GO!

• Pikachu

Votes: 542 27.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 920 46.3%
  • Home

Votes: 527 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
More than a year is just vague talk. Obviously it wasn't going to come out at e3 this year. It could mean any time though. He just wanted to say that they were definitely working on it and somewhat far in.

Right, and my point was "more than a year" suggests just that, it might be more than a year. "2018 or later" suggests that 2018 is the target, where "more than a year" does not.

My overall point in saying this is that the phrase "2018 or later" came from a Nintendo earnings release, so it wasn't crazy to think they might have some new info in one of those again.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if GF didn't say 2018+ explicitly, Nintendo has a close enough relationship (and enough pull) that their date is likely just as accurate.

Mar 23, 2018
Is it realistic to say the game could be releasing early 2019? It would fit the releasing during the current fiscal year scenario

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking around a bit and honestly can't find where the "2018 or later" talk came from. Seems that it just originated from an earnings release rather than the initial announcement, which is strange.

And this is my entire point, and why it was fairly reasonable to expect some new information in this earnings release.

It's semantics, but semantics that have certain connotations/implications. "2018 or later" implies that the target is 2018. Saying the game may not release "for more than a year" does not imply that 2018 is the target. Therefore that earnings release gave us new info.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Is it realistic to say the game could be releasing early 2019? It would fit the releasing during the current fiscal year scenario
It will release early 2019 as a last resort if can't physically release it before. Releasing Pokémon in Feb/march is not really a wise choice since kids will not be able to ask for presents right after Christmas so easily.

As long as they can choose, they will not go further than November 2018.

They still have "or later" just as a safeguard against investors in case anything goes wrong after summer.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will release early 2019 as a last resort if can't physically release it before. Releasing Pokémon in Feb/march is not really a wise choice since kids will not be able to ask for presents right after Christmas so easily.
with the legs on Pokemon, does it really matter? the games have a pretty steady sales trend, so potential buyers do end up with the game eventually

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The only thing the Johto saga of the anime serves as a reminder of is the writers backfired and failed attempt to reunite the original trio, tons of repetitive filler, the GS ball being dropped with no resolution, Ash's Johto team being disappointing, and Misty losing her personality and having the worst run for a female lead in the entire series. It was literally the whole reason the writers axed Misty and the original trio for good.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
IT'S A WHOLE NEW ERA WITH A BRAND NEW ATTITUDE, BUT WE STILL GOTTA BELIEVE THE TWEETS, AND WAIT UNTIL E3

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I wish the youtube channel would post the Japanese openings, not the dub ones. All the dub openings after the 4kids era were dire.

Meanwhile the Japanese openings are consistently excellent.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the youtube channel would post the Japanese openings, not the dub ones. All the dub openings after the 4kids era were dire.

Meanwhile the Japanese openings are consistently excellent.
I honestly like the first BW dub opening, it's kind of catchy and goes good with the visuals. The xy dub openings were honestly really not good though. Especially compared to how good the japanese ones were.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this is my entire point, and why it was fairly reasonable to expect some new information in this earnings release.

It's semantics, but semantics that have certain connotations/implications. "2018 or later" implies that the target is 2018. Saying the game may not release "for more than a year" does not imply that 2018 is the target. Therefore that earnings release gave us new info.

That certainly makes sense to me. Personally, I didn't expect them to change that release date listing but I do agree that it was "new" information at the time. I'm of the mind that "2018" wouldn't even be mentioned if they weren't at least hoping to release the game this year.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Hm, interesting enough the anime is up to the third Kahuna Nanu soon and Acerola is finally debuting. The SM anime's current pacing definitely seems on track to end by November. Granted they can always include filler, but right now it doesn't seem like it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm still salty over that season.
Megas are too OP, but lets give ash an exclusive equivalent to it, that is even stronger somehow! And the regional dragon! And another dragon! AND THE STRONGEST BRAVEST FUCKING BIRD.
*loses the league finals to Mega Charizard X*
445.gif

IzzyRX