• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I actually got one this time. First time since August last year. Will be my 2nd. My wife got it too .So glad it's on a Saturday too.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
My EX raid is within Central Park so I would assume I'll have no issue getting a full 20 player lobby. On a Sunday, too.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Wow. I actually got one this time. First time since August last year. Will be my 2nd. My wife got it too .So glad it's on a Saturday too.

Really? That's crazy.

You're so ahead of us in basically every way, but these passes. This system is so screwed up.

I've done 130 raids total (71 Legendary and 59 Regular). I just got my 7th invite.

Some players still have not received a single one.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
tried dual raiding on mewtwo. older tethered ipad mini kept crashing going into battle. got nothing out of it. feels bad man.
caught the other on my phone for friend. her first one.
just before, we both got ex invite for next week.... have to come up with a new plan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got an ex raid pass too. I'm at 140 legendary raids and 100 regular raids. Been targeting ex raid locations for a few weeks now and finally had one come up.

Fairly good 10k eggs so far. 5 beldum, 2 Aerodactyl, 4 feebas, 3 Dratini, 2 bagon, 1 Skarmory, 2 Mareep.

Crossed 8100km in walking distance today.

Oct 25, 2017
Just take your time and do the rush, the odds are in your favour! You'll be able to group with your team for maximum balls, use your heaviest hitters and just attack to get extra balls.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Just take your time and do the rush, the odds are in your favour! You'll be able to group with your team for maximum balls, use your heaviest hitters and just attack to get extra balls.
Yeah, I'm not worried at all about the actual fight or even landing throws. I've gotten so good at throwing excellent curved balls at most of the legendaries. I'm just worried about bullshit RNG that I sometimes get where I hit 8 or 9 perfect throws and they still break out.

Would be a gut punch to wait for months for my first Mewtwo and have him run. Although now that I've read Rayquaza is just about as good as a generalist attacker it's not such a huge deal. Now I know the gym to focus on I should be able to get more EX passes.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I've decided I'm just going for curved greats, not excellents tomorrow. I'm not quite consistent enough with excellents for my liking and the drop-off from missing an excellent is too large for me to risk. If I hit all my curved, golden, greats I should catch it.

mYYHNcm.jpg

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just worried about bullshit RNG that I sometimes get where I hit 8 or 9 perfect throws and they still break out.

I'm 7 for 7 on Mewtwo, you have to really botch your throws or be super unlucky to not catch it. Just throw when his arm goes back down after his attack. Watch some videos.

Last edited:

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I got to my EX location 30 minutes early and managed to throw a Pokemon in the gym right before it filled up with Valor. Hoping to keep feeding berries to keep it up before we go in.

Also it seems like everyone is just in their cars which is going to mean a mad dash into the public lobby at the start. Hopefully we can split up into groups to maximize balls.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Mewtwo being 6% may seem small, but makes a huge difference. A Great Curveball throw + Golden Razzberry will give you 38.25% chance. Almost 50% if you try for Excellent.

Just be patient, and it's very likely you will get it. Most groups have everyone get it.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, today was a lot of fun. My wife and I got up super early to join some people for raids at 6 am. We went from 6 to about 11 am. Good 5 hours. Lucky egg the whole time, so I likely got good 800k xp out of it. My first raid was a nice 95 Ray. 14 Atk though, so I might prefer my 93% Ray with 15 Atk. Both my wife and I had a 98% run on us. 2nd time for me now.. boo. But, was a fun day. Noone saw a hundo.

Also, hatched 6 10k event eggs yesterday (with 7 or 8 more on their way). 2 Bagons, Dratini, Feebase, Ralts and Chimecho.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
My first EX was an awesome experience. There were about 40 people that showed up and we had enough to get a 19 man Valor group so I had 12 balls going into the catch. Ended up getting him on the second throw and my coworker got his after 5. Mine was a 76 IV with a 12 attack but I don't even care, so happy to have him!

Tm6Eaba.jpg

One girl commented on the Facebook event right as the egg hatched and said she was running late. I didn't see that until after we had finished but a group of spoofers were in the public lobby and she was able to join that and get it.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My latest 10k batch hatched this. Neat. I think it's my 1st 10k 100% hatch too. Too bad wasn't a Bagon or Trapinish (Also hatched another giving me enough candy and 87% my highest now)

DX-EhAiXUAA_xVQ.jpg:small

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Good weekend!
  • Best friend hit 40! (no 248 in the area)
  • Brother hit 30! (now he can rare hunt)
  • I hit 30 million exp
  • Got my 4th Mewtwo (stats suck but eh)
  • 3rd 98 Rayquaza (feels good)
  • 100 IV Golem
  • 100 IV Dragonite
  • 100 IV Rhydon
  • 96 IV Beldum hatch
  • 96 IV Bagon hatch
  • 98 IV Bagon catch
  • 17th gold gym
Probably a good time to lay off the gas a little bit and take a breather.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I had a work thing that ran long today, so I wasn't able to join a bunch of other area Instinct players in their all-day raid plans. I only got in five raids (out of some 30-40). It was still enough to push me over the edge to level 38, meaning I can finally power things up to maximum. I just need reliable dust collection now...

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
17 gold gyms with 30m xp jesus you're really a raid maniac haha

I have 12m xp and nearing 50 gold gyms

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
17 gold gyms with 30m xp jesus you're really a raid maniac haha

I have 12m xp and nearing 50 gold gyms
I mean, I definitely raid more than most folks here, sure. I think I've done 93 Rayquaza so far and will top 100 next time we go out. That said, I've only done 203 normal and 464 legendary total, which is small potatoes for this area. I just don't go for gold gyms much. You don't really sit in gyms here and I've already got gold on the gyms in my immediate area. Some of my friends have 80-150 gold gyms, but they work really hard for that. People get really uppity and territorial about gyms here and I can't be bothered with that shit. It's just not how I want to play.

I honestly think a lot of my XP comes from dust grinding at night while trying to burn off these lucky eggs. My catches are over 38,500 and quickly increasing. For comparison I was at 27,500 catches and 131/338 normal/legendary raids back in Jan when we last posted our stats, not to mention the climb to 5000+ in battles.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I went on a 25km walk yesterday. That was good for hatching.

Still too many Dratini, but some valuable Bagons, a Trapinch, and a Beldum.

Got enough candy now to fully evolve everything, but will see what the rest of tge event brings me.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I definitely raid more than most folks here, sure. I think I've done 93 Rayquaza so far and will top 100 next time we go out. That said, I've only done 203 normal and 464 legendary total, which is small potatoes for this area. I just don't go for gold gyms much. You don't really sit in gyms here and I've already got gold on the gyms in my immediate area. Some of my friends have 80-150 gold gyms, but they work really hard for that. People get really uppity and territorial about gyms here and I can't be bothered with that shit. It's just not how I want to play.
You need to get rid of golden razzes somehow. I assume you pinap legendaries. :p My legendary raid counter is just 82 haha. Never really liked to use legendaries in the games so I just do them for the dex and items.

As long as no one threatens another and verbally abuses, it's all in good fun. It really depends on the area though like you said. In my immediate area, I only need to worry about spoofers and multi-accounters. Sometimes you do a gym run with fellow teammates and some spoofer gets pissed and targets gyms randomly while we feed them. It's annoying but it's still fun to work together and troll the spoofers.

It gets bad when in some areas they get really angry and go out to bully you, pin down your car and sometimes damage your car. It's like actual gang wars. Never happened to me thankfully but I've heard stories of some crazy people, usually middle-aged who take the game a bit too seriously. It's just a game, people.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You need to get rid of golden razzes somehow. I assume you pinap legendaries. :p My legendary raid counter is just 82 haha. Never really liked to use legendaries in the games so I just do them for the dex and items.

As long as no one threatens another and verbally abuses, it's all in good fun. It really depends on the area though like you said. In my immediate area, I only need to worry about spoofers and multi-accounters. Sometimes you do a gym run with fellow teammates and some spoofer gets pissed and targets gyms randomly while we feed them. It's annoying but it's still fun to work together and troll the spoofers.

It gets bad when in some areas they get really angry and go out to bully you, pin down your car and sometimes damage your car. It's like actual gang wars. Never happened to me thankfully but I've heard stories of some crazy people, usually middle-aged who take the game a bit too seriously. It's just a game, people.
I pinap them for 5 balls or so unless they're pretty weak, then I pinap them almost the whole time. That said, I almost always have a stockpile of 100+ goldens just in case.

There's a few folks around here that take it seriously to the point of verbal attacking, sometimes viciously and personally. Real friendships have come to an end over Pokemon, which is just too much for me. I haven't seen or heard about anyone attacking anyone yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually gets to that point at least once, especially if PVP happens. The "gang wars" style stuff happened about a year ago, where the yellow and blue folks teamed up to fight the red team. People still hold grudges from back then and hearing the stories about the lengths people would go to, it's equal parts embarrassing, hilarious and awesome.

Like I said, I just prefer to stay out of all of that junk. I'm friends with everyone in the scene and don't mess with the drama. It's mostly gyms that it centers around sadly.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My Legendary badge is just over 200 lol. I got real lucky with Kyogre with getting a boosted 100% with just 11 raids. And real unlucky with having 2 98s flee on me for Ray. (Did catch a 95% and a nice 93%). My wife has over 200 Golden Razz Berries. I try my best to remember to use those regularly on gyms to reduce them

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Where the hell do you live?
Buffalo. People here take the game real, real seriously. We still regularly have caravans of 20+ people driving from raid to raid every day. Most of the major players here have anywhere from 120 million to 195 million XP. I thought that was how people everywhere played before learning we are the weirdos.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Buffalo. People here take the game real, real seriously. We still regularly have caravans of 20+ people driving from raid to raid every day. Most of the major players here have anywhere from 120 million to 195 million XP. I thought that was how people everywhere played before learning we are the weirdos.

Well if the NFL has taught me anything, it's that Buffalo fans are hardcore so this all checks out.

Also the local scanner now covers my work and it's amazing. Just ran outside to catch a Bedlum I never would've known about otherwise.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I found out a few days ago that my Pokemon are not strong enough to solo Alakazam. My best DPS options are 3747 Shadow Ball Mewtwo, 3263 Tyranitar, and 2877 Tyranitar. I do not have enough Larvitar Candy to power up the second one or get any additional Tyranitar up to speed.

The DPS from Houndoom doesn't cut it, and Gengar dies too quickly. I have two Dragonites above 3000, but that doesn't match up to super effective damage from Ttar.

I only want to solo Alakazam as a challenge, because Abra Candy is extremely plentiful for me. I've been seeking regular Pokemon to raid in hopes of a shiny or fighting for the heck of it. I'm 3/4 for Rayquaza, and I have no desire to get another one.

Today, I got a 100% Pidgey. That was bound to happen eventually after 1587 catches.

I'm still kicking myself for transferring a 100% Magikarp way back just because it learned Twister upon evolution. Biggest Pokemon Go regret ever.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Found a couple of 98% Machop (high levels too) today and a 98% Rayquaza. Good day.
When does the 2x EXP event end btw?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
I have just managed to hatch 4 Bagon in a row, only disappointment was the highest was 89% would have liked a 90 plus however, they were my first Bagon, so the candy is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.