Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I been reading thru multiple outlets about this game ... seems there is no mention about this anywhere --- Is this a multiplayer and/or online only game? Can it be played solely offline/single player?

Also, without playing Pokemon Go, I can't get all of the Pokemon right?

You can play the whole game offline.

You can catch get every Pokemon without Go, at the exception of the newly introduced Pokemon Meltan and its evolution, Melmetal.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I been reading thru multiple outlets about this game ... seems there is no mention about this anywhere --- Is this a multiplayer and/or online only game? Can it be played solely offline/single player?

Also, without playing Pokemon Go, I can't get all of the Pokemon right?

Game can be played solo offline on your own, no internet connection required. Co-Op is local based only. There is online, but don't expect anything like the Battle Spot, GTS or Wonder Trade, the online features have been severely gimped. You use a code of three different pokemon to connect to another player (Sorta like friend codes) and you will also need an Online Subscription as well.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/po...onality-requires-paid-nintendo-online-account

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-28-pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee-guide-release-date-5010

There are some game specific pokemon in the game (Pikachu has Oddish, Growlithe and Sandshrew, Eevee has Bellsprout, Vulpix and Meowth), Meltan and Melmetal require connection to Pokemon Go to collect and Mew can only be obtained from the $50 Pokeball Plus controller (cannot transfer from Go if you got one from there).

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Online is definitely friends only?

When they walked through it during the Treehouse segment it was said to be for playing 'with friends and others'...

(during the part they were inputting the code im pretty sure, can't pull it up to rewatch right now)

Mavrick07

Oct 28, 2017
We got the dummy sleeves in today, these next 8 days are going to drag so much!

Crnq00w.jpg

UpK4izn.jpg

ZaADwvX.jpg

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We got the dummy sleeves in today, these next 8 days are going to drag so much!

Oh man! I'm pumped! Got some Best Buy gift cards to throw at this so I have to take my chances and hope the PokeBall Plus version will be readily available. It's making me slightly nervous. That damn Pokeball will make playing Go while walking my dog too nice to pass up.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
I preordered the Eevee version since I can't stand Pikachu. But of course, Growlithe is in the Pikachu version. I need a Growlithe so I can ride like the wind!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know who I'd use for my last 2 Pokémon if I got this.

My G1 favourites are:
Ivysaur
Eevee
Parasect
Cubone

But then there are about 30 that I absolutely love as well.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Ugh, I don't wanna support game freak on this game, because I want to send the message that isn't the kind of game I wish for them to make in the future.

But I love Eevees so fucking much.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Will the game have in game tutorial for new players?
Every Pokemon game has lots of early "teaching the ropes" mechanics. Trouble is, GF haven't got the first clue about how to design proper difficulty scales and don't give a rat's arse about their older playerbase so the tutorials aren't optional, their baked into the game so you will have to sit through them. Every. Single. Fricking. Playthrough.

Even worse, they sometimes have a dude / dudette who offers to teach you stuff, like how to catch Pokemon, and they do it even if you say you don't want it (they say "do you know how to catch Pokemon?" and give you a choice). GF are many things, but competent designers when it comes to challenging a very wide playerbase isn't one of them, sadly.

As much as I'm looking forward to Let's Go, Masuda is totally losing the plot in my eyes and seems trapped in a weird land where anyone who has played GO can't grasp even the most simple concepts without extreme handholding.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Tabletop mode? Haha

I've got the pokeball bundle coming in. It'll be fun to use with the game, but I'm excited for how it'll make my Pokemon Go experience a little easier too
I'm honestly considering getting one of those tablet holders for my bed so I can have my hands free and play with the pokeball whilst in bed, doing throwing motions whilst lying in bed would be weird tho lol. I got the Eevee pokeball bundle for a decent price so I'm thinking of keeping it.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
What......What if it IS USUM Giovanni? What if the crazy motherfucker went back to post Gen 1 pre Gen 2 Megaverse and decided to try and take over Kanto straight away? What if Green and Red are already established as Champion and Gym Leader, and Leaf is the missing Interpol officer? What if Gamefreak actually made this a deeoest lore isekai mindfuck troll tier masterpiece? Give me all the timeline fuckery I can get Gamefreak, I need sustenance.

I am already really hyped for Let's Go but this would take me to another level.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Also is there still reason to believe that there are new Mega Evolutions or has that been debunked by now? TPC tends to spoil all the surprises in trailers so I think we would have heard about them by now.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Also is there still reason to believe that there are new Mega Evolutions or has that been debunked by now? TPC tends to spoil all the surprises in trailers so I think we would have heard about them by now.

You are probably right, no new Megas.

Going by the initial rumour/leak, there is still one thing they didn't show : an Online hub.

4be4248f04968040967daece48a8c77c3a0dfd98v2_00.jpg

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

I might be jumping quickly, but I don't think they have any reasons to release new megas. Mainly because of the absence of abilities and I think the megas are only there for the sake of having something different other than just Kanto.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
What online components are there to Lets Go E/P? I am really on the fence with this one, but I am fiending for a pokemon game

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The manga is the best medium in the series.

It made Tierno likable.

While I love Pokémon Adventure, it still couldn't get me to love X and Y as it just reminds me how disappointing the game was. Like how is that the manga is giving the box mascot better focus than what the game did?

I will probably just skip to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and then Sun and Moon.

I like anime Tierno from what I watch, as they were able to show that he can inject his dancing when rasing his pokemon, while also being competent.
5fd7a2a990e0ba176d8da5e68e6d434c144f3aeer1-500-270_hq.gif
FRvF.gif
98c.gif
860bf8eefd24874788e0b6541096e19fdb6344f0_hq.gif
1f9.gif

Man I still fucking hate Tierno with a passion, though with his dance move he would have probably been better saved for Alola given that dancing is tied to the Z crystals.

Anyone see a pokeball/game combo that has the digital version? Want the savings, but no physical game.

The bundle with the Switch includes the digital version and the Pokéball.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
You only have 8 days wait, while I and others have over a year to wait for the Pokemon game we want. :/

I'm not even convinced next year's game will do anything right, if it continues the trends of forced tutorials, lack of post-game content and removing the National Dex while adding pokemon not from a local dex for no reason at all. SM did all that despite being very enjoyable otherwise so I really don't know if they'll just do it again since I have this horrible feeling. They really need to blow me away with the next game, or at least move towards adding DLC to their core games instead of releasing it as a $40 cart like with USUM so that any disappointments won't feel so bad if they can just patch them out.

Then again, I was hoping Pokemon Bank would at least work with this game but look where we are, one week from launch (though no codes out yet) and no confirmation either way. Not even one just for our LGPE mons in case we need to save our mons due to the lack of a normal cloud save feature for LGPE

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone should expect Bank support for these games until next year's titles are released, and even then, chances are it'll only be a one-way transfer to the new ones. LGP and LGE will probably be isolated, aside from being compatible with Go.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't think anyone should expect Bank support for these games until next year's titles are released, and even then, chances are it'll only be a one-way transfer to the new ones. LGP and LGE will probably be isolated, aside from being compatible with Go.

So then it would be basically compatible with Transporter and not the actual bank. Which is still dumb considering there's no way to preserve any bit of your save data, including Pokes until next year. If you could move them to go it would be another story, but ironically if you're a go player you're better off keeping your rarest mons in the game if you want them around for a while, then.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So then it would be basically compatible with Transporter and not the actual bank. Which is still dumb considering there's no way to preserve any bit of your save data, including Pokes until next year. If you could move them to go it would be another story, but ironically if you're a go player you're better off keeping your rarest mons in the game if you want them around for a while, then.

Yeah I wont be bringing any of my shinies to Let's Go until bank support is added.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if we'll be able to get alolan pokèmon ingame or will they have to be transfered in from GO?