• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Inukage

Oct 25, 2017
Down Under
When does the marketing cycle for a new gen usually start?
They usually start announcements and stuff in May~

C_PVhiDW0AEeygP.jpg

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I'm not even convinced next year's game will do anything right, if it continues the trends of forced tutorials, lack of post-game content and removing the National Dex while adding pokemon not from a local dex for no reason at all. SM did all that despite being very enjoyable otherwise so I really don't know if they'll just do it again since I have this horrible feeling. They really need to blow me away with the next game, or at least move towards adding DLC to their core games instead of releasing it as a $40 cart like with USUM so that any disappointments won't feel so bad if they can just patch them out.
Yea I mean with the cost of the games increasing by 50%, they really need to join the DLC game, especially if they continue to stick with the 2 game model, which they will. Add to that they now added Let's Go to the mainline lineup, and I really can't see them making the mistake of releasing something like USUM again (a lucrative mistake but their most shallow "third game" yet). Whatever we get will be a different beast for sure, whether it learns from past mistakes or not.

On a side note I actually am excited for these games and for the first time, I shall proudly wield a Farfetch'd and become the Farfetch'd master.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Only thing I want to know is if I can use Heal Balls in the game. It is my go to ball in every game, and I always have every pokemon in my team in it, but sadly I can see it beeing removed, as it wasn't in any game before gen four.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Leaks have begun.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a ROM dump in the next hours.

Switch Rom dumps can be that quick huh? Well, let's see what happens.

First thing to check is if all the pokemon are still in the game code.

Next would be the levels and movesets for everything. See how easy the game is or figure out if they actually put a bit of challenge into this thing (no way can the Elite 4 be easier than the R/B movesets back then.)

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yea I mean with the cost of the games increasing by 50%, they really need to join the DLC game, especially if they continue to stick with the 2 game model, which they will. Add to that they now added Let's Go to the mainline lineup, and I really can't see them making the mistake of releasing something like USUM again (a lucrative mistake but their most shallow "third game" yet). Whatever we get will be a different beast for sure, whether it learns from past mistakes or not.

On a side note I actually am excited for these games and for the first time, I shall proudly wield a Farfetch'd and become the Farfetch'd master.
Battle Frontier DLC. I'd shit my pants in disgust and excitement.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Battle Frontier DLC. I'd shit my pants in disgust and excitement.

haha i remember the only reasons I kept ORAS and didn't immediately sell it hours after learning it wasn't in the game was due to me thinking I could at least enjoy contests like with base RS, and that they'd add it in as DLC or some special super update

I was dead wrong and it made me realize even if they did make Emerald stuff DLC it would have been a shitty and horrendous move when it should have been in the game to begin with. Or at least, something new in its place that was substantial. People hoped the same from XY too but ironically SM wasn't one people worried much about since the post game in that was fine save for no national dex.

...Yet they made a third version of SM anyway with nothing important added besides new mons and a worse post-story. I actually think the cute cutscenes and side stuff like a Pyukumuku romance mission you can stumble across if you throw them enough was the best thing USUM added, yet they never advertised that once. I wonder if they're in this game too, like maybe being able to see a wild Vulpix try evolving into a Ninetales as it is jealous of them, and you go do something to help it accomplish the goal. Stuff like that would make the world feel more like a normal world which is what USUM did well. That and petting a Pyukumuku in the overworld was ace

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
haha i remember the only reasons I kept ORAS and didn't immediately sell it hours after learning it wasn't in the game was due to me thinking I could at least enjoy contests like with base RS, and that they'd add it in as DLC or some special super update

I was dead wrong and it made me realize even if they did make Emerald stuff DLC it would have been a shitty and horrendous move when it should have been in the game to begin with. Or at least, something new in its place that was substantial. People hoped the same from XY too but ironically SM wasn't one people worried much about since the post game in that was fine save for no national dex.

...Yet they made a third version of SM anyway with nothing important added besides new mons and a worse post-story. I actually think the cute cutscenes and side stuff like a Pyukumuku romance mission you can stumble across if you throw them enough was the best thing USUM added, yet they never advertised that once. I wonder if they're in this game too, like maybe being able to see a wild Vulpix try evolving into a Ninetales as it is jealous of them, and you go do something to help it accomplish the goal. Stuff like that would make the world feel more like a normal world which is what USUM did well. That and petting a Pyukumuku in the overworld was ace

Gen 6 and Ultra Sun and Moon are some of the biggest disappointment that I have with the series.

X and Y; just felt so underwhelming, the region was clearly Game Freak testing the 3D engine and the story ending unfinished what with Zygarde and AZ's Floette.
Omega Rub and Alpha Sapphire is just an underwhelming remake given how much effort Game Freak did for the Johto remake.
Ultra Sun and Moon was a disappointment in the story department as it should had been a sequel and carried on from the event from Sun and Moon rather than trying to badly rehash the story.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Switch Rom dumps can be that quick huh? Well, let's see what happens.

First thing to check is if all the pokemon are still in the game code.

Next would be the levels and movesets for everything. See how easy the game is or figure out if they actually put a bit of challenge into this thing (no way can the Elite 4 be easier than the R/B movesets back then.)

Excellent timing for this, since the deciding factor for which version I choose depends on how good Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee are competitively! Remember, they're actually new formes, so these are NOT normal ones!

Also, it would put to rest how the candy system works most likely, which is also important, because I think Partner Eevee's vability heavily depends on how it works. To explain: Partner Eevee's stat estimates were... very medicore, most stats being in the 70-75 range (I think it may have had base 85 SpD or something, cant remember). Those are frankly pretty bad, but if Candy works like say, gen 1's stat exp system, and you can max every stat out, then suddenly, Eevee becomes MUCH more durable. Eevee's revealed signiture moves are extremely good status inducing attacks, so if it has reasonable defenses, it would actualy be VERY hard to switch into unless you have a good status absorber like Rest + Sleep Talk Snorlax.

Funnily enough, Partner Pikachu probably wants Candys to just be souped up EVs, since Pikachu's base stats made it seem like a pretty fast (like base 123 Speed minimum), frail Pokemon with iffy offenses, but great coverage thanks to its new sig moves. If Volt Switch is in the game (pretty likely as a TM), then it'll be pretty damn good in singles.

Actually speaking of that, I havent really thought about these two for doubles at all. Pikachu might be interesting if egg moves are implemented via tutors, since then it'd be the fastest Fake Outter in the game. Eevee would get Helping Hand I think, but nothing really that interesting otherwise, unless those two unknown sig moves do something interesting there!

Mavrick07

Oct 28, 2017

Review copies?

Headshot silhouettes seem to be based on the original gym leader headshots in RBY's manual.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As soon as Youtube comes out on Switch suddenly everyone has the game

Hmm

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are Pokemon evolved through candy or Levels in this game?

Got me a Growlithe and not enough candies in the game to evolve him and I know Let's Go Pikachu don't have Growlithe.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are Pokemon evolved through candy or Levels in this game?

Got me a Growlithe and not enough candies in the game to evolve him and I know Let's Go Pikachu don't have Growlithe.
Set him as your buddy and turn on adventure sync! That way he earns candy just as you walk around. You'll have that candy in no time :)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So, I was wondering about Alolan Ninetales. Considering Vulpix is version exclusive to LG Eevee, does that mean I will also need to do some online shenanigans if I want to get Alolan Ninetales in my Pikachu version? Or should I be able to get Alolan Ninetales in another way?

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Battling and trading but only with friends.

Is it like (Battling and Trading) only with friends or Battling and (Trading only with friends). I don't have anyone to play with me and I was relying on playing online battles with other people a round the globe. If I can only play with my friends that would be horrible for me.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
So, I was wondering about Alolan Ninetales. Considering Vulpix is version exclusive to LG Eevee, does that mean I will also need to do some online shenanigans if I want to get Alolan Ninetales in my Pikachu version? Or should I be able to get Alolan Ninetales in another way?
'

I wouldn't worry about Alolan Vulpix. It seems like Alolan Pokemon can only be gotten through a transfer from Pokemon Go, so you'll have to either play that game or trade.

I will say that the version exclusives announced so far are really unbalanced if you play Pokemon Go. I see Bellsprout, Oddish, Vulpix, and Meowth almost every day. The first two are common everywhere, Vulpix spawns every time it's Sunny and Meowth seems a lot more common with the recently redone spawns. I don't see Sandshrew and Growlithe as often, and both are exclusive to Pikachu.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
All these years and i'm still trying to understand what's so good about the battle frontier or whatever.

Frankly, it's pretty underwhelming for me. I'd rather have another kind of postgame.
I kind of agree. I mean, I understand why people like the Battle Frontier, I just don't find it appealing. They should have a post game focused on filling the dex, but having special rewards and new stuff for milestones and some sort of story behind it, like quests. And something better than a Shiny Charm as a reward for completing it.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really excited for this because they're finally going back to Gen 1, before they started ruining Pokemon with Gen 2 onwards...

I might also get that Pokeball controller.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for this because they're finally going back to Gen 1, before they started ruining Pokemon with Gen 2 onwards...

I might also get that Pokeball controller.

They didn't ruin anything with Gen 2, in fact design wise Gen 2 was very similar to Gen 1. There is equally as much trash in Gen 2 as in Gen 1. Now starting with Gen 3 I would say they changed the design style a bit.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So how many riding pokemon is this game going to have? You'd think they would have announced more leading up, but Dragonite was the last one I recall happening (also disconfirmed Articuno)

List is this so far i believe:

- Onix
- Charizard
- Arcanine
- Lapras
- Dragonite

I swear I saw Rapidash rideable in one trailer but honestly can't remember it.

It's probably safe to assume these are rideable since you could ride them in X/Y and Sun/Moon

- Rhyhorn
- Tauros
- Machamp

And maybe Ninetales so there's version parity on number of rideables since Arcanine is an exclusive?

It seems like a small list though. If there were more, why didn't they show more?

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Omega Rub and Alpha Sapphire is just an underwhelming remake given how much effort Game Freak did for the Johto remake.
Woah there, while I do prefer HGSS overall Dexnav is my GOAT feature in any Pokémon game. Dexnav, Soaring, stronger E4 after completing post-game, and a camera view that compliments the poorly optimized GF overworld engine much better than XY or SM combined with all the little QoL updates from XY make those solid entries in my book. Only titles I have truly enjoyed in the series since BW2.

Delta Episode is of course hot shit, and the post-game is still weak like XY, but they at least seemed to pour a lot of effort into improving the overall game and campaign. If only the Battle Frontier had returned, then it could have been one of the greats

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
How does that whole Meltan Mystery Box thing work when connecting Go to Let's Go? Got a few people who'd like a Mystery Box. I am, apparently, about to become that guy for a group of Go players.

So do multiple people each get that Mystery Box when they send a Pokémon to me, or is it only the first person to send one that does? Is the first transfer limit on the phone or in Let's Go? and do we know how long the refresh delay is until you can get another one?