• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of fell off Pokemon at X and Y because the games were so bloated, so I am very down for a super streamlined experience. I'm sure they'll get right back to more traditional games after this one, but for me this is a welcome change.
How do you manage any other game??

Now just watch how they destroy animal crossing with the same bullshit.
Nah. Gamefreak =/= Nintendo. You guys need to realize Pokemon, while partially owned by Nintendo, is managed by TPCi which does their own thing

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
IDK why some people are mad. This is very clearly not Gen 8 or supposed to represent it. This is a very simple game that's trying to be as Pokemon Go 2 as it can be, while still representing some form of the original RPG series. The core team will have been working on Gen 8 for AT LEAST 3 years by the time it releases, which is fantastic. Right where it should be. That doesn't include the other people who have been missing since before Sun and Moon, who have probably been involved with planning and other things.

This game sounds great for what it is. IDK if it will be able to grab the original Go audience, but we will see.
I wanted a real RPG in Kanto in 3D.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Is there a new mainline Pokemon game for switch? I don't want to buy a poke ball and pretend to throw that shit irl

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
The way they are announcing both games at once is very reminiscent of when they announced Metroid: Samus Returns and Metroid Prime 4 at the same time, practically.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if someone will try to set up a Twitch Plays Pokemon of this game, it's simplistic enough they probably wouldn't get caught up on anything. It'd be great if they set up some weird rig to shake the controller when catching pokemon and had it on screen all the time. Just imagine how great spamming it would be

Ubiblu

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Now just watch how they destroy animal crossing with the same bullshit.

Where have you been bro? Happy Home Designer, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. The series has been completely fucked for several years.

And yet it still sells incredibly well and continues to grow its fanbase exponentially. Just like the Pokemon Let's Go games, vets will whine and Nintendo will laugh all the way to the bank. And everyone will move on and still think fondly of their favourite 'ruined' series. The end.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
There's still a lot of information I need to hear before being OK with these games. It just sounds like there's absolutely nothing to it? Like, if you can just avoid Pokemon, don't have to battle them or interact with them at all outside catching them, what makes a dungeon like Mount Moon or Victory Road interesting at all? A couple of trainers here or there? Have they increased the amount of trainers? Will I be able to sleepwalk my way through the entire game because there are just no wild encounters? Are the trainers all going to be super easy, because you can't grind out levels on wild Pokemon? Are all the standard EXP, stats and abilities in there? Are Pokeballs obtained the same way considering it's the only meaningful interaction you can have with wild Pokemon, or is there a different way to earn them? Do I need to use the motion controls? Are there still all the typical held items and general use items, or are those scrapped? Is the battle system significantly gimped, or is it pretty much the same as the core games?

There's just so much you can't pick up in the trailer and so much you can't trust them not to have tossed out to appeal to Go players. I don't know. As I've written this probably half of this shit has been answered.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
It's the follow-up to USUM, that's a mainline game. It's called Pocket Monsters in Japan because all mainline games are called Pocket Monsters in Japan.
>looks like pokemon Go
>play mostly like pokemon gl with some extra RPg elementa from the main series
>Lacks other more relevant elements from the main series
I really dont see how anyone can un ironically call this a main pokemon series

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This and Quest both look super cute! Definitely getting the Eevee version! A bit bummed about the lack of wild Pokémon battles but the lack of online stuff and EV's/IV's don't bother me much at all. Own pretty much all the main line games and never bothered with the online once, zero interest in competitive battling either. Catching Pokémon and tossing them when they don't have the right stats or nature always felt so mean to me and I just didn't have the heart to do so. Exploring the world, catching all the Pokémon, getting the badges and experiencing the story are what I play the games for. The clothes customization options for Eevee were adorable too!

Looking forward to November and of course next year when gen 8 supposedly releases!

NeonStars

Feb 23, 2018
Also I feel like some people would rather this game not exist at all, which is weird to me. I mean you get Pokémon next year either way so what's the issue? You can just not buy this and wait for the actual game in 2019.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
I don't care that the game exists. What does bother me though is the $60 price tag. This game should be $40 max,

especially since the gen 8 games will for sure be $60 as well, and those will have like 800+ more mons and other extra stuff.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You'll get your Gen 8 next year lol. In the meanwhile, what harm is there in something like this existing? I honestly think it's a breath of fresh air the series could do with

Is this like a budget spin off then? Do we have pricing?

Still, you'd think it could have been at least somewhat more ambitious. It isn't like this thing won't sell gangbusters or fetch a healthy return.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I wonder if there'll be a more traditional game later on. I'm honestly not one bit interested in Pokémon Go, so this is not doing it for me.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think Pokemon will be dead until 2019... this just sounds extremely watered down. It has a beautiful premise but no features from a 2018 game should be lacking online play. This is absolutely dumb. Emily was right when she said we'd react with hostility.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Motion controls mandatory. No online.

These devs don't fucking get it. They're fucking clueless. Smh.

Having options never hurt anyone and it makes games MORE ACCESSIBLE TO MORE PEOPLE.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
O.M.G, I'm going to buy a Switch and that goddamn ball and nothing else is going to matter.

giphy.gif