• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will play a ton of this because:

Gen 1 its my favorite gen with my favorite Pokemon
It looks great
Kanto
Pikachu
I dont care about online

My only inssue right now its the motion controls...

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it a disaster?

Not just with that, but everything. It's pretty much everything that people feared it would be. Basically an HD version of the 3DS games' style, can't evolve your partner (who the hell would pick Eevee now), gimmicks galore (forced gyro wasn't ok in Odyssey, it's not ok here), and no online (or maybe there is?).

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I don't know if I understood the concept correctly, but it looks to me like a half baked core Pokémon experience? In this case, I'm better off waiting for the full core experience in 2019, and enjoying Quest which seems to be an entirely different concept not overlapping the main games.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Its Kanto in HD visuals. How can you not be hype? *sigh* cant pls everyone.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
The game looks great. Liking the visuals.

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_03-2_png_jpgcopy.jpg
it looks really good, very similar to what I was expecting

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of hate. I know when my 8 year old daughter wakes up and sees the trailer she is gonna be beyond excited. I know when I show my wife the trailer her reaction is gonna be "so does this mean we are playing Pokemon Go again?"

I think it looks good. I think it's a cash in from game freak but a really clever one. They are gonna make some serious money from this.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Pokemon will be dead until 2019... this just sounds extremely watered down. It has a beautiful premise but no features from a 2018 game should be lacking online play. This is absolutely dumb. Emily was right when she said we'd react with hostility.

I think your comment proves that you don't know the market. This will blow up.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo am I the only who thinks it's great that random battles are gone and I can actually pick which pokemon I wanna engage with? This thread clearly scream "I don't want change >:("

Oct 26, 2017
This seems like a smart move. By returning to the beginning of the series you can introduce players who have never been into mainline Pokemon without forcing them to catch up with two decades worth of games. Plus, the Pokemon Go integration serves as a great way to get people who have only played Go interested in playing a true Pokemon game.

I say this as someone who only played Go and am now interested in playing this.

Yeah but people who played Go, played it because it was a FTP game. Can you really expect a percentage of that population to spend 360 dollars on a Switch and a game? That's why this whole thing is so baffling to me.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks nice and the presentation is great, but I'm not sold on the gameplay. Then again, the Pokemon formula has been mostly stagnating so this could turn out ok.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I have two theories for what's going to happen after these games:
1) Pokemon Let's Go will become a remake series, remaking the older games with Go integration. Mainline series will feature more evolved graphics and mechanics.
2) Gen 8 will swap from two nearly identical versions, to having a more mainline version with more RPG-esque mechanics, and a Let's Go version designed more for Pokemon Go.

That being said, now that online is confirmed, this game is doing all the right things for me. It looks great.

That would actually be pretty neat. I love the casualness of GO, but one of the biggest complaints I see for Pokemon these days is that it's too easy. If they split the series into 2 from now on, having a more casual experience (GO series) might allow them to experiment with harder experiences and more deeper mechanics in main series games.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, this is going to sell like gangbusters then the game in 2019 will sell even more because it will pull more people into it.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting a good vs competitive experience from this wont get it. They themselves already said that's not the goal with this game.