• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Everyone who bought the bundle with the price error who wanted Eevee is like:

"Well, I'm guess I'm okay with this now" lmao
giphy.gif

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like kids won't know how to progress after this and will drop the game.

Hell, beating Brock with Pokemon that aren't strong against Oynx probably makes more sense to them. Remember, some kids can't read just yet, or proficiently enough. They would legit have to force this scene into the anime just so kids have an idea.

Is this...a joke? I really can't tell.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Late here since I just watched the direct and had some work to do.

levelup.jpg

I'm guessing this confirms no abilities?
I think we'd have to see the full menu screen to say for sure. This looks like the "you got a new move, what do you want to forget screen."

Keep in mind that you can see the Pokemon's nature in effect here, but not the text for it. So there's stuff missing here.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got one but no faith it'll be honored. Too much time between now and release.

The only Amazon errors I've received are ones that ship right away before they catch the error.
I got one and I'm not even that interested in the game. But anyway responding here since errors do usually slide. I've had a Crash switch preorder since March for 40% off.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Did they explain how same screen multiplayer works in the treehouse video? My wife and I are each getting copies of the game and will be playing our copies separately. But I see you can have to characters in one game at the same time. Can that be *her* character from her game? Or does she just pop in as a random character? Or a character limited only to the game we're on?

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Pikachu doesn't normally learn double kick. Which confirms that maybe they beefed up the move pools for Pikachu/Eevee for them to be viable throughout the game.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Are people really losing their shit because there's yet another gate to progression in the game? When I was 10 some dude wanted a cold drink before letting me into Saffron City and I didn't cry about it. At least in this case it helps some kid learn about the type chart.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Pikachu doesn't normally learn double kick. Which confirms that maybe they beefed up the move pools for Pikachu/Eevee for them to be viable throughout the game.

Well it's not like Pikachu wasn't viable to take through the game anyways in Gen 1. Especially in Yellow where it was the only Pokemon to learn Thunderbolt natrually and got STAB on it. Not viable for PVP but just for playing through the game a move-set of Thunderbolt, Slam, Thunder Wave, Agility/Double Team/Quick Attack was fairly fine.

Double Kick would probably be more to guarantee you can handle Brock

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the $50 price error for Pikachu. Wasn't planning on getting the poke ball but that was the version I wanted!

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
Did they explain how same screen multiplayer works in the treehouse video? My wife and I are each getting copies of the game and will be playing our copies separately. But I see you can have to characters in one game at the same time. Can that be *her* character from her game? Or does she just pop in as a random character? Or a character limited only to the game we're on?

It looks like the second player is called "supporter" and will simply share the party you are using. So I'm not sure if you can take your character to another persons game.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Neither are obnoxious.

Sun and Moon is a linear game, surprise you have to complete the game to progress.

This is a tutorial, actually calling out type advantages and making sure the player has one available.
There are ways to gate progress that aren't obviously and annoyingly arbitrary. Having a random dude at the front of a gym suddenly act as a bouncer is not one of them.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming abilities and hold items are out since those would have been showcased by now. Those would be my only gripe.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, we're talking about Masuda here. He's scared shitless over mobile games and how much he thinks they've destroyed the attention span of kids these days.

I'll never, EVER forgive him for ruining ORAS for me. I was so hyped and after playing HGSS (I even imported Soul Silver when it launched and it did not disappoint in the slightest) I was super hyped for them to remake my favorite region and let new people experience the same joy I had growing up, but better, only for them to fucking ruin it by dumbing down every damn trainer in the game, removing the battle frontier because he thought kids were idiots and replacing it with a lazy copy paste Maison that didn't even change the trainers into their Hoenn forms for crying out loud, removing the safari zone and having some lame backstory about a depressed owner, removing the Contest Minigame, making contests not the second quest they formerly were by removing the sheen cap and making even master rank absurdly easy, among many other things.

Yet they kept the Braile puzzles, the stupidest part of the game next to Mirage Island that needed to be streamlined more than anything, and made them more confusing instead. Not much you can do to make Kanto worse outside of making it easier or not fixing the game length... But they might as well have by now.

I'm legit losing faith in Gen VIII at this rate. This may be separate but if left untreated the main series may be infected if this game sells well and sends a bad message. They could have made a game as fun as Go for everyone without treating people like they can't even hold a controller. Good god, at this rate this game might as well be marketed towards the blood cells in my arm, with how they seem to want everyone to play these games no matter if they shouldn't be doing so to begin with.

Oct 26, 2017
Are people really losing their shit because there's yet another gate to progression in the game? When I was 10 some dude wanted a cold drink before letting me into Saffron City and I didn't cry about it. At least in this case it helps some kid learn about the type chart.

Don't be obtuse, this is not the same thing and you know it. There's a difference between guards asking for a drink in which you go hunting for a certain key item vs. game treating the player like they're so stupid that they can't figure out what's super-effective against Rock.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
There are ways to gate progress that aren't obviously and annoyingly arbitrary. Having a random dude at the front of a gym suddenly act as a bouncer is not one of them.
Would "You have to show me a LEMONADE if you want to proceed" work better for you?
Don't be obtuse, this is not the same thing and you know it. There's a difference between guards asking for a drink in which you go hunting for a certain key item vs. game treating the player like they're so stupid that they can't figure out what's super-effective against Rock.
There's really very little difference. Just like there's little difference in games that unlock more of an area until you complete x quests or collect y items. In this case, they want you to catch a grass or water type before moving ahead. Who gives a shit? All I know is this means I'll actually find a water or grass type before Pewter.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never, EVER forgive him for ruining ORAS for me. I was so hyped and after playing HGSS (I even imported Soul Silver when it launched and it did not disappoint in the slightest) I was super hyped for them to remake my favorite region and let new people experience the same joy I had growing up, but better, only for them to fucking ruin it by dumbing down every damn trainer in the game, removing the battle frontier because he thought kids were idiots and replacing it with a lazy copy paste Maison that didn't even change the trainers into their Hoenn forms for crying out loud, removing the safari zone and having some lame backstory about a depressed owner, removing the Contest Minigame, making contests not the second quest they formerly were by removing the sheen cap and making even master rank absurdly easy, among many other things.

Yet they kept the Braile puzzles, the stupidest part of the game next to Mirage Island that needed to be streamlined more than anything, and made them more confusing instead. Not much you can do to make Kanto worse outside of making it easier or not fixing the game length... But they might as well have by now.

I'm legit losing faith in Gen VIII at this rate. This may be separate but if left untreated the main series may be infected if this game sells well and sends a bad message. They could have made a game as fun as Go for everyone without treating people like they can't even hold a controller. Good god, at this rate this game might as well be marketed towards the blood cells in my arm, with how they seem to want everyone to play these games no matter if they shouldn't be doing so to begin with.

Man, I was absolutely gutted by what they did to ORAS, Emerald is still one of my favorite pokemon games especially because of the battle frontier. I was really looking forward to the remakes, especially after how amazing Soul Silver was... I didn't really care for X/Y or even bother with Black/White and Sun/Moon. Been having that pokemon itch lately though, so I figured I'd keep my eyes out for Gen VIII info. But I'm not really sure why I bother. I'm hoping it's good, because it'll make me buy a switch, but I'm honestly not holding much hope :(

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Did they address if players can bring their own trainers and Pokemon into a friend's game? If not, how are the second player's Pokemon determined and updated?

Mavrick07

Oct 28, 2017
Did they address if players can bring their own trainers and Pokemon into a friend's game? If not, how are the second player's Pokemon determined and updated?

They don't. The 2nd player is just a the opposite gender of the trainer you are and they just use one of the pokemon that are in your team by the looks of the gameplay video. Although I'd like to know what happens if you only have 1 pokemon?

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
heh... this game can be really ugly when it wants to be.

The mons look nice but the environments and humans look like a bad pokemon phone ripoff.

Man, I was absolutely gutted by what they did to ORAS, Emerald is still one of my favorite pokemon games especially because of the battle frontier. I was really looking forward to the remakes, especially after how amazing Soul Silver was... I didn't really care for X/Y or even bother with Black/White and Sun/Moon. Been having that pokemon itch lately though, so I figured I'd keep my eyes out for Gen VIII info. But I'm not really sure why I bother. I'm hoping it's good, because it'll make me buy a switch, but I'm honestly not holding much hope :(

Go back and play black/white and black/white 2.

They are the best games in the series besides HG/SS and it's not even close.

They are why gen 6/7 are such a fucking joke.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
The mons look nice but the environments and humans look like a bad pokemon phone ripoff.

The humans do look bad.
It's weird because I felt the art style in SuMo was stronger, the character design was definitively stronger.
Maybe I'm just a fan of cell shading, because everything looks like plastic here (except the Mons, but maybe it's just because I'm used to seeing them like that in Go).

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The humans do look bad.
It's weird because I felt the art style in SuMo was stronger, the character design was definitively stronger.
Maybe I'm just a fan of cell shading, because everything looks like plastic here (except the Mons, but maybe it's just because I'm used to seeing them like that in Go).

Yup I have a ton of issues with sun/moon but the characters looked so much better than this or gen 6.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I really think they chose a different artstyle for Let's Go on purpose and Gen 8 will be back to the Sun and Moon style with realistic proportions and no grids. Hopefully cel shading too. They did confirm it will be the most graphically advanced game yet, which wouldn't make sense if it wasn't different than Let's Go

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I'd say there is reasonable concerns about gating. A common reason people like Kanto was how open it was, letting you do things in the order you wanted to (I know level wise the game has a specific order, but people ignore this for some reason)

How much more gating is there going to be, is there going to be someone south of Cerulean saying "This route is dangerous! You must show me a Cascade Badge to advance!" or "If you want to enter Rock Tunnel, show me a Thunder Badge!" limiting the way you can play your game?

It's possible, considering the series recent trend of making things super linear (Hey trainer on a Stoutland, can you finish your search now?)

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i just preordered the pikachu edition for 13€ at a german shop where it was 37€ before using some coupons, amazon.de is 60€ lol

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
In the treehouse live stream of this game was there anyway to tell any version exclusives? I think they played the Pikachu version?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In the treehouse live stream of this game was there anyway to tell any version exclusives? I think they played the Pikachu version?
No way to really tell since it was a pretty early demo

The party had Starter Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Onix, and Eevee.

Viridian Forest had wild Kakuna, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle, Metapod, Butterfree, Oddish, Bulbasaur

Grass underneath Pewter had Pidgey and Rattata

I'm going to take a guess though that you'll only be able to find Oddish in LGP and Bellsprout in LGE.