Votes: 332 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
So, they won't be able to stop multiple save files on the Switch, right?
Xenoblade 2 doesn't have multiple save files unless I am mistaken...

Damn 150 pages, is there actually anything known about this game besides the fact that it's in development?

It's got Pokemon in it. Seriously though, we don't know much at all. If anything. The only real concrete info we have is that The Pokemon Company International has put up multiple job postings since February which indicate that they are translating / localising / editing SOMETHING. What the "SOMETHING" is, is unclear, however we know that it involves translation / editing / localisation of game materials, videos, web materials, PR, marketting stuff and Strategy guides. So it's definitely a game being localised. Whether or not it's Pokemon Switch though is not yet confirmed.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond and Pearl were only bad because the games were slow as shit, Platinum fixed the pacing and now people dont have a problem with Gen 4. basing the remakes on DP aint gonna be a problem since all the pacing improvements over the years will be rolled into the game

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Diamond and Pearl were only bad because the games were slow as shit, Platinum fixed the pacing and now people dont have a problem with Gen 4. basing the remakes on DP aint gonna be a problem since all the pacing improvements over the years will be rolled into the game
Well also the pokemon in the pokedex, especially fire types.

Apr 10, 2018
Something that we can, with 100% certainty, consider true? Nothing yet

Ok guess I didn't miss anything yet. This could be the game that makes me buy a Switch but I'm somehow hoping for a reinvention of the formula... with the resources they've amassed over the years they should be able to make something big for the long overdue home console debut.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, adding Houndour, Magmar and flareon isn't a huge improvement. The dex could use some expanding, or some pruning on some of the choices.

Platinum is still really slow, just not as slow as D/P.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Diamond and Pearl remakes scare me. Platinum is the best Pokemon game ever made and so, so much better than D/P. If they ignore all the improvements it made I'm not going to be happy.
Unlike emerald, there is a much bigger list of things they can't ignore.
-Charon
-Rotom and Cyrus story bits
-Distortion World
-Pokedex improvements
-customizable Villa
-Palmer and Barry extras

And loads of other tiny stuff. The frontier I can also see returning despite ORAS, simply because of how much more intergtated its characters are in the world. Like I said, you can't ignore Palmer, Caitlin becomes an E4 member in another region, Thorton created the VS recorder, they can't ignure it unlike the Hoenn BF with its inconsequential npcs. Sorry if that stings, but its the truth.
But yeah, DP remakes I can see turning out quite better than ORAS. Gonna be 5+ years since they got used to 3D, potentially first old region in the new gridless overworld style, and as a region it has a lot of characters and lore relevant to this day as compared to RSE.
The two worst Pokemon games ever.
That's the only thing XY is good for, so that DP won't be in that position.

Oct 26, 2017
The problem with DP is both gameplay speed and pacing (and though Platinum fixes some of those issues, it still remains). There is one sequence where you can end up going through an exposition dump + a few towns before you end up going to the next badge (I want to say it was the third badge but my memory fails me). And considering that this is after Gen III which had some of the briskest pacing + gameplay speed in the series, it was extremely disappointing to see a backwards step. This is entirely a "me" thing but it took me a couple of playthroughs to get to the point where I'd be invested in Platinum and not fall asleep.

HGSS in comparison was brisk to the point where people complained that Johto was too short. So while both games took place in Gen IV, the main games have reason to be vilified compared to the remakes. And if there's a DPPt remake, I would want them to fix the issues of the older games (expanded dex should help Fire E4 for instance), while putting in some content from Platinum that undeniably made it the definitive experience.

But if they nerf difficulty, then they can go fuck themselves. Platinum's difficulty especially at the E4 was one of the reasons why I loved the game.

Last edited:

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
There's a pretty sizable gap between the second and third gyms in DP.

The gym order was changed in Platinum so that you can battle Fantina immediately instead of waiting until you have 4 badges.

I don't think there's ever been such a big gap between gym leaders than the first and second in XY.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike emerald, there is a much bigger list of things they can't ignore.
-Charon
-Rotom and Cyrus story bits
-Distortion World
-Pokedex improvements
-customizable Villa
-Palmer and Barry extras

And loads of other tiny stuff. The frontier I can also see returning despite ORAS, simply because of how much more intergtated its characters are in the world. Like I said, you can't ignore Palmer, Caitlin becomes an E4 member in another region, Thorton created the VS recorder, they can't ignure it unlike the Hoenn BF with its inconsequential npcs. Sorry if that stings, but its the truth.
But yeah, DP remakes I can see turning out quite better than ORAS. Gonna be 5+ years since they got used to 3D, potentially first old region in the new gridless overworld style, and as a region it has a lot of characters and lore relevant to this day as compared to RSE.

That's the only thing XY is good for, so that DP won't be in that position.
They would probably tie the distortion world to the ultra beasts / alternate universe stuff pretty easily (instead of the more janky delta episode). Also, you forgot Regigigas (and Arceus as Deoxys was in ORAS), that guy is a pretty interesting legendary than being there and requiring legendaries that cannot be obtained in that game.
Also DP is only bad because the combat is slow and there is only like one fire family outside the starters. Made taking infernape nearly a must.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn 150 pages, is there actually anything known about this game besides the fact that it's in development?
We know it's most likely coming this year due to SM merchandise ending. We know it's going through localization. We also supposedly know the code name. Lastly, with what we know of the movie, we wont be getting new forms or Pokemon, so decent chance that means we might get a remake, or game set in past gen, or not getting a new gen at all.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
But if they nerf difficulty, then they can go fuck themselves. Platinum's difficulty especially at the E4 was one of the reasons why I loved the game.
I expect Sinnoh to get a redesign to make it easier to navigate as that was one major complaint from Japanese players about DP.

Pokémon ganes have never been hard, the situation with DP remakes will be similar to ORAS; the level of the Pokémon themselves will be the same or even higher than the originals, but thanks to new mechanics like Megas/Z-Moves and the Exp Share it will appear a lot easier.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Megas and Z moves never leave gen 6/7, they are interesting in terms of the competitive scene but for just playing the game they are such time sinks and so lame.
Don't worry, they won't, at least as part of the campaign. But I'm 100% sure Game Freak will introduce a new Crystal/1 time per battle feature every generation from now on.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I expect Sinnoh to get a redesign to make it easier to navigate as that was one major complaint from Japanese players about DP.

Pokémon ganes have never been hard, the situation with DP remakes will be similar to ORAS; the level of the Pokémon themselves will be the same or even higher than the originals, but thanks to new mechanics like Megas/Z-Moves and the Exp Share it will appear a lot easier.

Nah they'll just throw in some teleportation like they did in ORAS. Cynthia will take you to the Psyduck after she gives you the SecretPotion, Dawn will take you to Celestic Town after you defeat Mars at Lake Verity etc.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not hardcore like most in this thread. The XY vs DP debate as the worst is funny to me.

DP is the only generation I legit do not remember anything from. Just looked it up to see what I could remember. I do remember having Emploeon.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Honestly the E4 in platinum is a bit too intense imo, at least on quicker playthroughs. The level difference starts getting too fricken high to manage, and grinding in that gen is agony even with the animations turned off. Like I know exp share gets a lot of flack but I enjoy being able to keep it turned off most of the compaign but having the option to turn it on for a bit if trainers start getting like 10 levels ahead of me.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Don't worry, they won't, at least as part of the campaign. But I'm 100% sure Game Freak will introduce a new Crystal/1 time per battle feature every generation from now on.

This is my fear, it's the fucking worst.

Ended up banning myself from Megas/Z moves in my Nuzlocke's because both games were already stupid easy without them compared to something like gen 5.

Last edited:

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope there is good way to grind your pokemon to a higher level. The restaurant in XY were good for that.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We know it's most likely coming this year due to SM merchandise ending. We know it's going through localization. We also supposedly know the code name. Lastly, with what we know of the movie, we wont be getting new forms or Pokemon, so decent chance that means we might get a remake, or game set in past gen, or not getting a new gen at all.
that's not how this works. not every movie is a tease for the future of pokemon

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah in the recent titles, GF has been a fan of including their new mechanic in the logos. Something I kind of wish was carried over to the English versions.
X_Version_logo_Jp.png
Pok%C3%A9mon_Omega_Ruby_JP_logo.png
Sun_Version_logo_Jp.png
Pok%C3%A9mon_Ultra_Sun_logo_JP.png

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So going back to the weird 4chan stuff with the snake gods and egg sacrifices and all the weird physical "hints": Does any of that nonsense tie into the whole Beluga thing, even tenuously? Cause that would certainly be interesting

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the E4 in platinum is a bit too intense imo, at least on quicker playthroughs. The level difference starts getting too fricken high to manage, and grinding in that gen is agony even with the animations turned off. Like I know exp share gets a lot of flack but I enjoy being able to keep it turned off most of the compaign but having the option to turn it on for a bit if trainers start getting like 10 levels ahead of me.
It's worse in gsc/hgss. There are not that many trainers in general in the game, and most people go into the elite 4 way underleveled.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
It's worse in gsc/hgss. There are not that many trainers in general in the game, and most people go into the elite 4 way underleveled.
HGSS really was a missed opportunity. As years went on, I started to play the games using a full team and it can be a pretty tiring experience in the Johto games.

GF was too conservative with the remakes. They could worked out the issues like the level curve and the awful gym rosters. The easiest issue, low-leveled wild Pokemon wasn't even addressed.

And that new Safari Zone they added was bad as well

CarthOhNoes

Oct 25, 2017

Indeed. As much as people wax lyrical about having Kanto and Johto in one game, my god it utterly obliterated the balance. There weren't enough trainers or good areas to grind which meant that getting levelled up was really frustrating. I mean Blue's highest level pokemon was 58. Then the next real proper battle after that was against Red. His lowest level pokemon was 73 and his highest was 81. That's a jump of 20 - 25 levels! Who at GF thought that would be a good idea?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. As much as people wax lyrical about having Kanto and Johto in one game, my god it utterly obliterated the balance. There weren't enough trainers or good areas to grind which meant that getting levelled up was really frustrating. I mean Blue's highest level pokemon was 58. Then the next real proper battle after that was against Red. His lowest level pokemon was 73 and his highest was 81. That's a jump of 20 - 25 levels! Who at GF thought that would be a good idea?
Plus Lance's pokemon being up to the mid 50's. That's pretty crazy when the average level for a full team will be like around 42-43 going into the elite 4.

CarthOhNoes

Oct 25, 2017
Plus Lance's pokemon being up to the mid 50's. That's pretty crazy when the average level for a full team will be like around 42-43 going into the elite 4.
Yup! Elite 4 Lance's Pokemon go up to 50 then you go to Kanto and the first gym is level 40 - 46. It's utterly baffling that nobody at GF looked at it and thought, "this is a bit weird."

Also, Sabrina only had 3 pokemon. This is a late game gym, after you've beaten the Elite 4! Every gym battle should have been a real challenge but nope, second gym in Kanto and you've just gotta beat 3 level 46 - 48 psychic types. Then you can go to Celdaon City, whose gym leader has 4 pokemon who are lower level than Sabrina's.

It's hilarious when you think about it!

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy, Diamond and Pearl were my most played Pokemon game ever, I hit the upper limit of 999.49 hrs and played beyond that. That's how much I loved them, I can't wait for the remakes oneday or soon hehe.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do. I want to get rid of all those cheat pokémon
Switch has already been broken into to the point that they would need to do a full hardware revision and the first CFW is slated to release this summer. It'd be pointless to spite people who bring their legitimate Pokemon up from years ago just to stop older hacks that will probably be replaced day -15.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.