• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The one thing throwing off the number is Gigantimax. My head is saying there's 10-15 of them, but I don't know if those eat into Galarians.

All in all though, when we use the full number of new mons, it has to be a combined total of brand new, galarians and gigantimax.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The one thing throwing off the number is Gigantimax. My head is saying there's 10-15 of them, but I don't know if those eat into Galarians.

All in all though, when we use the full number of new mons, it has to be a combined total of brand new, galarians and gigantimax.
Which makes me think we will get about 70-80 new mons, 15-20 Galaram Forms and 10 Gigantimaxs

PixelsByNight

Apr 22, 2019
USA
EE1DSBTXkAYrrNl

All this talk of Delibird got me inspired to make his new evolution. Take note, Game Freak :P

I love Delibird <3

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I'm kind of mad at the Affleck leak for spoiling Sirfetch'd.
Imagine the hype if nobody knew about it beforehand. Their tiny, stupid, 30 seconds trailer would have been amazing.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Imagine the hype if nobody knew about it beforehand. Their tiny, stupid, 30 seconds trailer would have been amazing.
Yeah. People wouldn't have settled on a Farfetch'd evolution for the glitch Pokémon at all whereas here, because Sirfetch'd leaked, people went straight for it.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
James Turner must be walking on Cloud 9 right about now. He's so thoroughly shut down his naysayers, it's glorious.

Been a fan since Vanillite, and I'm stoked to see even more of his creations.
Wzq8Qb0.jpg

Buzzwole is my number 1 favorite creation from him. Though it's nice he confirmed that its eyes are not those tiny black orbs connected to its antenna like some artists depict.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Even better if they had done this glitch thing before the Galarian form reveal trailer, where practically no one would've been expecting a cross-gen evo.

Edit: Also I doub't they'd introduce Gigantamax with as few as 10 of them. We had 28-30 Mega Evolutions in X/Y, so I expect at least 20 Gigantamax forms. Admittedly it's Dynamax itself that's the main feature and Gigantamax is more of a byproduct of it, but still.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Wzq8Qb0.jpg

Buzzwole is my number 1 favorite creation from him. Though it's nice he confirmed that its eyes are not those tiny black orbs connected to its antenna like some artists depict.

We don't know if he did Sirfetch'd, he's just the Art Director, so he's the one who pulls all the concepts other designers have on the team together under some concept theme. I actually get the feeling some original designer did Sirfetch'd or there was heavy influence from one of them or even Sugimori. It looks like they were extremely careful with him, while some evolution look botch'd like Rhyperior and Electivire imo. Some people don't like him because he is close to the original, but there are MANY gen 1 pokemon who don't stray to much from their original form. Clefairy to Clefable, Kadabra to Alakazam isn't that extreme either.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
I was getting Shield for Tyranitar alone - oh and the weird ghost gym leader. I'm now getting Sword. Sirfetch'd and Sif in the same game? Assembling an entire Dark Souls squad.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Hey, why is there another thread for this? lol

I can't never keep up with so many threads for the same topic. There should be just one for SwSh in general

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, why is there another thread for this? lol

I can't never keep up with so many threads for the same topic. There should be just one for SwSh in general
Yeah. Like, this is the thread for the actual news, and the other one is for the announcement of the news. That one should be obsolete.

Also, I hope we see more Ultra Beasts in the future. Doesn't have to be this generation, but maybe a future generation.

IzzyRX