• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really like the recent game's post-game content but I did appreciate the little nuggets of greater Pokemon lore they peppered throughout them, like the implication that Anabel from SuMo came from the alternate GBA/DS Pokemon universe where Mega Pokemon don't exist. The one that was mentioned in ORAS. I want Pokemon to tackle that subject more.

More Battle Facilities would be fun but I could go for something wild like the Dexnav from ORAS or the Friend Safari from XY.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you play B2/W2? I really like what they did with Black City/White Forest, including the final boss down below; it's probably my single favorite piece of content from the entire franchise, with the PWT (from the same games) being a close second.
BW2 was one I skipped out on, though not intentionally

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Darn, 6pm my time. I will have waken up to the news already. I'm taking in all the news and leaks, so hopefully I can still enjoy the game when it comes out.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I honestly feel like we haven't seen enough.

Did you play B2/W2? I really like what they did with Black City/White Forest, including the final boss down below; it's probably my single favorite piece of content from the entire franchise, with the PWT (from the same games) being a close second.

What more do you need to see? They've done a good job in the last few months showing this isn't just a lazy re-hash with the new Ultra Beasts, vastly different story, Ultra Recon Squad and so on. I'd rather have the rest remain a mystery until I actually play the game.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Gimmie more trainers and more things to do post game and I'm in.

Hope they confirm the day night cycle in this info dump too. I got Moon hoping for a fun tropical sunny adventure and it was the opposite until I played at night. Wonder if it will be reversed or the same this time. Also hope they tone down the hand holding/almost consistent tutorial feeling of the last game. It was a surprising amount.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only will buy if:

New Alolan Forms
Battle Frontier/Equivalent (Like world Tournament in Black/White2)
New Mega evolutions????? (pls)

That's it. That's all I ask.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care up until these latest rumors of a battle facility and gay pride. Now you've got my attention, Game Freak

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
DNm6hhpXkAADYl2.jpg:large

Looks like we will get a new battle facility!

Jaffo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rome, Italy
So... Just a few ultra beasts and minor changes. Whew. Completely passable.

They are gonna be compatible in online play, right?

Probably not gonna bother this time.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't call a new story, new places and a battle facility "minor changes" but to each their own.

Reading the complaints in the US/UM threads really makes me wonder how people were thinking about the older special versions (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum or B/W2) prior their release. All of the previously mentioned games are today considered the best versions of their respective generation.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ya I'm not falling for it either. Every time I hype myself up for a new Pokemon game and then it's the same shit from 20 years ago. I just don't have the imagination I did when I was a kid. The games are just burning to me.

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I love S/M, I agree regarding 'handholdy' nature of recent Pokemon game. I miss Gen 1 where everything is 'obstuse' and encourage you to do exploration and talking to NPC to progress the game.

Things like finding PokeFlute where you need to find a way to get past the ghost, which leads into getting into Saffron City by giving drink to the security guard, then getting infilitrating the Silph Co, to obtain the Ghost scanning item. Or getting to Cinnabar requires you to get Surf from Safari then using it south of Pallet Town. All of these things never spoonfed to you and you need to talk to NPC or do exploration to figure it out. I think it can be attributed to the semi open-ended nature of Gen 1 ?

Also the PokeRide is just plain wasted potential. You only use them like one or two times after obtaining them, and iirc not once they are used to solve puzzle (not like there is any puzzles anyway), you can remove the 'rugged road' and the 'boulder' from the dungeons and it would make zero differences to the dungeon. It would be cool if Island Trials, and the Tapu's Shrine is a legit dungeons with various puzzles to solves.

Pokemon used to have more puzzles to solve to progress.

Since gen 4 they've really dialed back on map complexity. I hate it.

In S&M especially it feels like they've made the routes wider and progression more easily identified.

It's probably because its been a while but I'm ready to play through the region again, albeit with a different story this time. I personally liked the scripted sequences as it fleshed out some characters but I think it could have been utilized better.
The characters talk alot

But they really dont say anything

Or have anything to offer.

They're irritating.

Lol the one second we got to talk to Blue at the Battle Tree was way more euclidean and fun

Still I really liked playing Sun and Moon. Dont know why. Core gameplay is fire as always I guess lol. I just cant stop breeding pokemon

Last edited:

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Just 3 hours to, I dunno why I'm so hyped for this, maybe because they are teasing it, I know I shouldn't be falling for this, but hey I'm a Pokemon fan. Hopefully they reveal some big stuff.

My speculation is....

Rainbow Rocket
New battle facility
New Alola forms
Mimiiky Z move
New Pokemon (Wild card)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ya I'm not falling for it either. Every time I hype myself up for a new Pokemon game and then it's the same shit from 20 years ago. I just don't have the imagination I did when I was a kid. The games are just *burning* to me.

Maybe don't pick the fire type then.

I crack myself up I really do.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate the dialogue in sun and moon and she's a big reason why lol

Hau sucks too
SM has the best characters and their dialogue is a big reason for that. SM is my favorite Pokemon gen in a long time, coincidentally, it coincides with Matsuda not taking the directorial role, where the series started slipping to begin with

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they tone down the hand-holdyness of the first island. I like SM but that was a DRAG.

Fingers crossed for more Alola forms. I have one spot on my planned team that needs filling.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There needs to be substantial post-game content. Another Battle Maison with less features and chugging frame rate isn't gonna cut it.

Oct 28, 2017
SM has the best characters and their dialogue is a big reason for that. SM is my favorite Pokemon gen in a long time, coincidentally, it coincides with Matsuda not taking the directorial role, where the series started slipping to begin with
The characters run around like bobble heads, nebby goes pew pew, Hau fawns over how pretty Lilly and Lusamine are, and everyone has this weird semi perma smile on their faces.

Its creepy. Like a dollhouse.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they tone down the hand-holdyness of the first island. I like SM but that was a DRAG.

Fingers crossed for more Alola forms. I have one spot on my planned team that needs filling.

I tried doing a new play through but my god that intro and basically giant tutorial is so damn long.

I started up black and white for the first time and it was like, here's your Pokémon, fight me, now go do shit

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like it if they cut the trainer models from 2v2 battles, at least on the o3DS. The framerate drops are maddening.
That'd be nice. I usually complete all the Battle Facilities but stopped midway in SM because, even on the New, the framerate is so choppy and the game has slowdown.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cutting the character models wouldn't do as much as implementing proper LoDs for the Pokemon. They don't need to be 10K+ triangles in-game and yet they are

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
I tried doing a new play through but my god that intro and basically giant tutorial is so damn long.

I started up black and white for the first time and it was like, here's your Pokémon, fight me, now go do shit

It's honestly the thing stopping me from doing any nuzlockes. It's like the Pokemon version of Twilight Princess.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
One hour and a half!
Excited for Rainbow Rocket and still hoping for more Alolan Forms.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Masuda didn't do ORAS either...

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I havent been convinced by anything ive seen to warrant spending 40 on this. I know my friend is buying a New 3DS but i dont even think he wants to buy this.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I havent been convinced by anything ive seen to warrant spending 40 on this. I know my friend is buying a New 3DS but i dont even think he wants to buy this.
Just remember, this is an enhanced version akin to Emerald, Platinum etc. but with far more changes. Don't expect a new generation. This will just improve upon Sun & Moon

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally for me they would go back to the amount of storytelling from generation 1 where there is minimal required chatter that halts your progression (Sun & Moon on the first island was reaaaallly bad about this!) but have way more side quests as it were relating to various elements of that region and go way more in depth in those.lore-wise.

Also unlikely but a dream is that the Pokédex offers way more info for each Pokémon. Like a thousand words per pokémon like a Wikipedia page detailing everything. I know that's probably quite unfeasible (resources, translation etc) but it would be really freaking cool. I want to know more about the Pokémon!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kanto for post game second region hype!
Yes I know there's probably less than a 1% chance of that happening, but a boy can dream

Oct 27, 2017
Hau is involved in a gruesome accident within the first two minutes after starting the game. Then he is never seen or spoken about again. 10/10 GOTY.

Holy fuck, I hate Hau. Worst character in the whole franchise.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon used to have more puzzles to solve to progress.

Since gen 4 they've really dialed back on map complexity. I hate it.

In S&M especially it feels like they've made the routes wider and progression more easily identified.

The characters talk alot

But they really dont say anything

Or have anything to offer.

They're irritating.

Lol the one second we got to talk to Blue at the Battle Tree was way more euclidean and fun

Still I really liked playing Sun and Moon. Dont know why. Core gameplay is fire as always I guess lol. I just cant stop breeding pokemon

IKR ! Like the Tapu Shrine 'puzzle' in SM that requires Machamp is total joke...it's not even a puzzle...Sharpedo only used in one instance, and it's not even a puzzle, just you destroying a rock in a hallway, same as Mudsdale and Tauros....heck all of the PokeRide are given to you in story instead of finding themselves by exploring the world. Now that I think about it, I feel like Gen 1 have similarity to Zelda game in regards to HM.

I keep thinking how the hell a 20 years old game have better world/dungeon design :/

Wishful thinking, but I hope Pokemon Switch will be more "open" like Red/Blue, encourage/reward exploring, is more obstuse and encourage players to figuring out how to progress by themselves, instead of spoonfed and railroading us the whole game...

Hau is involved in a gruesome accident within the first two minutes after starting the game. Then he is never seen or spoken about again. 10/10 GOTY.

I don't have problem with Hau, at least I can still remember him and his happy personality. I don't even remember anything about the kids from XY...not even their name lol.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Masuda will almost certainly direct Gen VIII on Switch. He's still got the touch!

Predictions:
Rainbow Rocket
Battle Facilities
Slightly less terrible Festival Plaza
Enhanced Poke Pelago
Gyms
Necrozma's Super form teased
No new Alola forms or UBs

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm a shrewd and joyless cynic who takes no pleasure in anything, but I really liked Hau. His relentless optimism was something I appreciated.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I am really hyped for US/UM but if there won't be any new Alolan forms I will be super disappointed.