• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters
Nov 4, 2019
I need something to feed to my brain. Is there a spoiler free list of changes to returning Pokémon. Nerfed stats and abilities, new moves?

Edit: Found one, pretty good

Last edited:

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
Metal Garurumon is probably more fitting :D

l3D1Ihe.jpg

Nov 3, 2017
With all this drama, is there actually a non-spoilery list of what's new and what's cut in SWSH? I wanna look at the facts and judge for myself but it seems like everything is so biased one way or another

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I know people usualy use the digimon comparision to rag on pokemon design, but honestly some digimon designs would make fantastic Pokemon.

Like the full form of Zygrade is just Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, and its one of my all time favorites.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Yeesh some posts over the last couple pages.

Excited for reviews, if the game really has issues with being unpolished we will definitly learn about it from those.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Redcrayon Before the review thread reopens, would it be possible to get a clarification on whether leaked information is considered officially announced information for the sake of spoiler policy? Because from this thread I've gotten the impression that it is.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
With all this drama, is there actually a non-spoilery list of what's new and what's cut in SWSH? I wanna look at the facts and judge for myself but it seems like everything is so biased one way or another

That's very broad, but let me give it a shot.

NEW:
- New Pokémon and alternate forms for some of the old ones
- New region and storyline
- New moves and abilities
- New items
- Dynamax
- Pokémon visible in the overworld
- Big, open area with free camera where you can catch Pokémon and play with friends
- Raids
- Camping and cooking
And more spoilery stuff I can't discuss here.

CUT:
- A bunch of old Pokémon
- Some old moves
- GTS
- Optional Exp. Share
- Mega Evolutions
- Z-Moves
Aaand probably something else, I can't remember now.

Jun 2, 2019
What do you guys think of the Gym leader theme and can someone explain me to my why Game Freak thinks we Europeans are into techno?
X/Y Gym leader theme had even more techno vibes and I actually like both themes but it's still funny that they seem to think it's the music we are listening to here lol.

Heh, i actually like that, not a fan of techno myself, but it gives the Kalos region a very distinct flavour and i hope it does the same for Galar too

Game Freak changing the music genre depending of the continet the region is based on is genius in my book. You can have a playlist with the whole series' ost and never be bored.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Redcrayon Before the review thread reopens, would it be possible to get a clarification on whether leaked information is considered officially announced information for the sake of spoiler policy? Because from this thread I've gotten the impression that it is.

I believe the mod message was that spoilers are okay as long as they are tagged. But maybe they can clarify that for you further.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Gen VII has 3 great starters and people saying Incineroar is bad are 100% objectively wrong. Don't @ me.

But seriously they may have done things wrong in this game but the pokemon designs are awesome.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Gen VII has 3 great starters and people saying Incineroar is bad are 100% objectively wrong. Don't @ me.

But seriously they may have done things wrong in this game but the pokemon designs are awesome.

I have to admit I didn't like Incineroar at first, but its personality won me over. It's easily the most charismatic starter ever.

And I'm sure most people, even the ones who are trashing the games, agree that the designs this gen are very, very good. Not just Pokémon, but also characters and the world in general.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I believe the mod message was that spoilers are okay as long as they are tagged. But maybe they can clarify that for you further.

Yes, but stuff we know about from official announcements or our own playthroughs isn't considered a spoiler per policy and doesn't need to be hidden behind a tag. In this non-spoiler thread we've had people linking to leaks, talking about leaks and giving their impression based on leaks. I haven't dipped into other threads for longer than a couple of seconds, but it seems like in, say, the thread about the GTS talking about other leaked information was in no way off limits?

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
I have to admit I didn't like Incineroar at first, but its personality won me over. It's easily the most charismatic starter ever.

And I'm sure most people, even the ones who are trashing the games, agree that the designs this gen are very, very good. Not just Pokémon, but also characters and the world in general.

Incineroar benefits a lot for being in Smash, I may be shit playing with him but his character is just so expressive. From taunt the oponents to his face when he grabs someone.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Yes, but stuff we know about from official announcements or our own playthroughs isn't considered a spoiler per policy and doesn't need to be hidden behind a tag. In this non-spoiler thread we've had people linking to leaks, talking about leaks and giving their impression based on leaks. I haven't dipped into other threads for longer than a couple of seconds, but it seems like in, say, the thread about the GTS talking about other leaked information was in no way off limits?

I do think people will talk about the leaks in the Review thread, but I do think they have to tag it. So if you want to completly avoid that talk I think it's best to only read OP with the scores/info etc.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I do think people will talk about the leaks in the Review thread, but I do think they have to tag it. So if you want to completly avoid that talk I think it's best to only read OP with the scores/info etc.

And I'm not sure they will even have to tag it. That'll be the difference between me just sticking to the OP or browsing the thread for the freshest reviews as those go up.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Ferlagiratr and Typlosion have suffered the most with the new models. Look how they massacred my son:
maxresdefault.jpg

If someone has curiosity in Competitive pokemon False Sweep Gaming is a very good chanel to watch. He makes analysis of the usage of Pokemon in all generations. Gen I was broken as hell.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just got out of my morning meetings and seen that ShopTo have dispatched here in the UK (or they have all been put on the Royal Mail pickup for the day) so it looks like we'll be receiving tomorrow!

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. My ShopTo double pack pre-order's still saying that processing started yesterday, and nothing since. Should I be worried?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Lucky you.
Its out in 35 hours for me, but i cant pick it up before my local gamestop opens, so i have to wait another 10 hours on top of that.
I kinda envy all of you who have midnight openings, they are literally illegal where i live.

I bought it digital, I just need to wait until midnight for the game to unlock!

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Decidueye and Greninja are my favourite fully-evolved Grass and Water starters. I've never been as big on the Fire-types, but either Blaziken or Delphox (provided its posture is hunched over) would be my pick.

Mine has been despatched by ShopTo but Royal Mail haven't received it yet according to the tracker. Not sure how normal that is considering it says it was sent at 5:41am.
Their tracking is always pretty unhelpful, yeah.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just received an email saying that the pre-order will now begin processing this evening, and will be sent out tomorrow.

Given that the pre-order said it was being processed yesterday until 10 minutes ago, forgive my skepticism. I'll be mightily annoyed if I don't get it by Friday.