Oct 26, 2017

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what the hell is duckduckgo and why do i keep seeing ads for it

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
UK here and not sure. Left the job a couple of weeks ago but a billion making company and we were mandated to use Firefox.

I worked for multiple Fortune 100 companies. Of course the browser is supported, but the data is clear as day and no where remotely close to these results. Firefox is a small percentage and not a leader, especially by majority. Or as folks here like to say "it's not even close".

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
Firefox for 20 yearsā€¦ as long as you ignore the 18 months where I used Chrome, which I do.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Phone: Edge
PC: Edge
Macbook Air: Edge
Tablet: Edge

Works great and everything syncs. Only wish for extensions on phones, but it does have a decent ad blocker built in that even blocks youtube ads no problem.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using Firefox since the Firefox 2 days, outside of a short stint before Private Browsing existed where I used SRWare Iron, which is a de-googled Chrome fork.

I personally believe that there is no reason to use a Chromium-based browser, and especially not Chrome itself. I actively detest Edge.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I usually switch between browsers every now and then. Was on Chrome for most of last year after Edge started adding stuff that I wasn't too interested and bloated the right-click menu. Will probably switch to Firefox next.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Desktop PC: Firefox

iPad: Firefox, though it's incredibly buggy so I should just switch to Safari. Just a pain to get my bookmarks over.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Firefox, but incompatible with website really make me wonder how many more I can take before moving to Edge, also my list of add on/extension is another reason I stick with Firefox, for now.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I built a new PC this year and switched to Firefox from Chrome. I don't know if that's honestly the best decision since I've been in the google ecosystem for so long and I've been using Pixel phones since the 3 XL.

Work-wise I still use Chrome for convenience but also use Firefox and Edge for log-in stuff.

Schiaffino

Oct 27, 2017
Mobile: Safari
Work/private: Firefox

Used Chrome before degoogling summer 2023. Switched to Brave, and a week ago I switched again, this time to Firefox.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Vivaldi across everything. Has lots of features I like, such as tiling tabs and tab stacking and such.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
I was Firefox for a long time, but I've started moving to Edge. It's got some nice features now. Split tabs are very useful, as is searching for things in the sidebar instead of opening a new tab.

Aug 31, 2019
These poll results are hilarious, and are a good reminder of both the non-statistically sound nature of Resetera polls, and the bubble this community lives in. And I say this as a Firefox main, who used Opera for 15 years before that (back when they made their own browser engine).

Anyway, hold this one in your head if you ever see polls you disagree with, it will give you energy

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
On Desktop, I went from AOL -> IE -> Opera -> Chrome -> Firefox.

At work, I use Chrome for work stuff and Firefox for personal stuff.

On Android, I went from Opera -> Chrome.

I don't know why I still use Chrome on Android. I also sometimes use Firefox and it's a much better experience, but just haven't officially switched yet. I think I just really like Chrome's UI over Firefox's.

Chilikar

Dec 15, 2018
Vivaldi has been my main browser for a while now, but with Google looking to nerf adblock extensions with manifest3, I'm looking to move to Firefox (or a Firefox spinoff).

My biggest issue isn't the Windows browser, it's the Android browser.

Firefox's tab management on Android is abysmal. I'd really appreciate a tab bar. It's usable, but could be a lot better.
I'm in the same shoe here, I really want to switch to Firefox for their Android extension support and also move off chromium browsers.

But damn, Vivaldi gets so much right. Their speed dials, and tab management system (with upward Gesture support) on Android just works so much better for me that I can't switch quite yet.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Firefox, never stopped since at least 2006. Never really liked Chrome anyway.

I used Chrome for some time to watch Youtube and Twitch, but it's working worse than FF for this recently, so ditched it completely. The only use i have left for Chrome is for work because as a frontend developper i have to ensure compatibility. That's it.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
edge at work since it's mandated
safari at home since I use it on iOS/Macbook
occasionally I need to open edge on my gaming desktop but I don't really "browse the web" on it

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a basic bitch who uses Safari on his phone and ipad and Edge on his laptop because that's what the default was and saw no reason to change.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Still using Firefox. It's ability to have the smartphone browser sync with your desktop so you can pick up on either device is still a great thing.