• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Obligatory.

8N9TS.jpg

2538319-5059850711-

Keep the flame burning

All these years and I just now realized there's more than one picture of this place. O_O

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all of the kind comments! I agonized over the design of the basement for months and I'm SUPER happy with how it turned out.

Wow really nice prophecy0 lemme ask tho what rise is on your tower? Been looking for something like that but couldn't find anything so I bought like a shoe rack that happens to fit right under my computer to hold it but it's kinda weirdly high haha

I googled "carbide air 540 stand" a while back and somehow stumbled upon this monitor stand from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HA6KOC/?tag=era0f0-20

I'd put a bed somewhere down here, and probably never leave. Looks good.
The couch is pretty damn comfy... I've definitely fallen asleep on it on multiple occasions.

Speakers appear to be Ascend? DIY subs?
Yep. Ascend Acoustic CMT-340s across the front and CBM 170s for the rear. The two subs up front are DIY "martysubs" (thanks AVSForums) with Dayton Ultimax 18s for the drivers. I was too lazy to finish the outside of them since they were going behind the screen anyway. I also have a SVS PB13 Ultra by the couch.

I've had the Ascend speakers and the SVS sub since 2009. They were used in a bonus room at our old house, then we moved to our current house which didn't have a bonus room. They sat collecting dust for a few years until I was able to finish the basement. I added the DIY subs in early 2017.

I was able to find an amazing deal on four SpeakerCraft AIM 5 TWO in-ceiling speakers in order to do atmos. I had never heard of SpeakerCraft before buying them but they've performed pretty well.

The projector is a Sony HW40-ES and it has been fantastic both for movies and gaming.

Working_Stiff

Jan 1, 2018
Here's my 2018 setup. Only things missing is my recently acquired snes-mini and a Neon N64 sign which I ordered yesterday. I still need to do some general straightening and cable management.

Also, anyone have any suggestions on something I could do with the slotted ceilings?

B6ZsTep.jpg

sqECkET.jpg

All of my retro consoles, mostly hooked up through various switchers run through a framemeister which are contained in those black shelving units figured towards the back/ right off the picture

INEXU25.jpg

beOse1F.jpg

7lSBTnR.jpg

Strip lights are generic ones off Amazon
aVt15Eu.jpg

Pj1WlRx.jpg

RITBlMM.jpg

All light bulbs have been upgraded to phillips hue bulbs recently
eAvbCpP.jpg

LT4Ze01.jpg

SWRSMAu.jpg

zBmi01L.jpg

cvie2gh.jpg

IuGdUri.jpg

Yager1

Oct 27, 2017
As a 18 year old that is still in High school this is depressing compared to my setup.

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my 2018 setup. Only things missing is my recently acquired snes-mini and a Neon N64 sign which I ordered yesterday. I still need to do some general straightening and cable management.

I love the way you have all of the consoles displayed. The fact that they're all hooked up as well is icing on the cake. That's an awesome setup.

As a 18 year old that is still in High school this is depressing compared to my setup.

Like Fox said, it has plenty of time to grow!

Oct 27, 2017
I might as well jump into this thread. I just straightened things up for when family came over for the holidays, so it's as good a time as any. Though be kind, it's still not as clean as I'd like it.

I'm not really happy with how I've got things now, but given the space I've got it's not terrible. I'm hoping to buy a home in the next year or two, so I'm hoping that I can set things up way nicer once I'm in a more permanent home. It would be nice to have room to hook up all my systems and put out all my Transformers collection, but for now a lot of my stuff has to be stored in the closet. Anyway, while it's no where near as nice as some other people's setups, I hope you all enjoy it.

I'll start with the living room.

JsAkXCk.jpg

mDIoROs.jpg

Then upstairs I've got my retro gaming stuff.

Here's the retro PC setup. Despite the modern looking cases, two of those are 90s era PCs for DOS and Windows 98 games. The other is a Windows XP machine. I need a proper desk for them, but this works well enough for just playing games.
CeqZql4.jpg

Here's the retro console stuff. I kind of have to pick and choose what gets hooked up at any one time. My wiring sucks too.
3QZVW2P.jpg

Then there's more games and toys on these shelves.
V6nWYJ4.jpg

As kind of an addendum to my previous post, I've recently been updating the Transformers shelves a bit. I installed some lights onto the shelves, and have been swapping out the toys on display. Still a work in progress, and the room is a wreck right now, but I'm really happy with it so far.
5DlzBML.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished organizing the pile of magic cards that were on my desk so I could take updated pics. Quick with my phone and glare everywhere but w/e
Office
x884mIl.jpg

And for I think the first time, the living room
Nnx1i0x.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Still living at the rent's house, but this is my set up for my bedroom.
8098379d-0b81-4f3d-9gmo92.jpeg

80c36e44-be7a-4f30-8zppr2.jpeg

b8709345-9b97-4522-80bqzt.jpeg

Need to get a new gaming chair....

Currently have:

Sony 49" 900e
Sony HTCT790
PS4 Pro
Sony UBPX800 UHD player (Too dark to see but it's below the PS4)

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Pretty humble setup compared to a lot here, but took some pics for a friend so thought I'd post them here. Had to do it mostly washed out because it's pretty dark in my house haha.

l3RQMLx.jpg

sz6uW3j.jpg

Top to bottom, left to right:

Vizio M55-D0 4KHDR
Sony Soundbar (too lazy to lookup the model) with subwoofer not pictured
Soundbar control panel/run through
XBox One Controller Cradle (for PC)
Smartcast Remote
Dualshock 4 Cradle
PS4 Pro
Fat PS3 (non PS2 compatible, natch)
Gaming PC (GTX 970).

Not pictured is our bedroom setup, which is NES Classic, SNES Classic, and Genesis Flashback HDMI.

Also, because my son trashed our "Nintendo" room, the Wii U and Switch on a 42" 4K set are also not pictured. Can't really get mad about a 9 year old trashing a room and having fun playing Nintendo, though :-)

blackmass

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin - Germany
5q6Tru1.jpg

Samsung 46" TV
OG PS4 with 2TB SSHD
HP Omen 17-an035ng-
PS3 80GB Custom Gold Touch Edition with 500 HDD
behind the PS3 is a docked Switch hidden
Older Acer Notebook for daily use

DIjiDhJ.jpg

black DS4
gold DS4
gunmetal DS3
white DS3
Switch Pro Controller

golmsrb.jpg

all my games and a few gaming related movies

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
My setup. Powered recliners in the living room (kind of essential for how steep that TV is mounted). 55" 1080p TV from 2012. I have my PS4, Switch, Wii U and an old laptop connected here. I need to get something to put on the wall to the right of the TV, it's too barren there..

img_2766c8u6r.jpg

img_2767ztuv0.jpg

Next is my PC setup, where I do most of my gaming now. Monitor is the 27" 1440p 144hz Gsync Dell. Speakers are just an old Sony stereo from 2005 but they get the job done. Headset is the Sennheiser x Massdrop PC 37X. Logitech G413 KB, G403 mouse. You can also find my SNES Classic and Elite controller. RGBW lighting makes for pretty cozy nighttime gaming.

img_2768x1u6b.jpg

img_2737wjuru.jpg

I would love to get a better living room setup but I'll have to get around to finishing the basement. We're expecting a baby this summer so I don't think I'll get around to that for a while.

brandrick

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Ok, pretty basic - picture from last summer - only a Switch and PS4 here, and yes need to do some cable management at some point:

kIkufe7.jpg

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Geez, this makes me feel crappy about how my setup is. I've just got an HDTV and a CRT with a basic shelf and my 15ish consoles and a couple shelves of games all in a crappy unfinished basement room with a junk couch and ductwork hanging down from the ceiling.

I want to have a nicer setup but don't have the money to redo the basement.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Geez, this makes me feel crappy about how my setup is. I've just got an HDTV and a CRT with a basic shelf and my 15ish consoles and a couple shelves of games all in a crappy unfinished basement room with a junk couch and ductwork hanging down from the ceiling.

I want to have a nicer setup but don't have the money to redo the basement.
Let's see it. Don't be shy

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5q6Tru1.jpg

Samsung 46" TV
OG PS4 with 2TB SSHD
HP Omen 17-an035ng-
PS3 80GB Custom Gold Touch Edition with 500 HDD
behind the PS3 is a docked Switch hidden
Older Acer Notebook for daily use

DIjiDhJ.jpg

black DS4
gold DS4
gunmetal DS3
white DS3
Switch Pro Controller

golmsrb.jpg

all my games and a few gaming related movies

I mean no disrespect but it's hard to appreciate your setup with this lighting. :-S

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Let's see it. Don't be shy

Alright.

n1EAFto.jpg

Here's where I keep all my consoles and where I stream from.

hBx3KzD.jpg

Amiibos, figures, whatever.

khHVITW.jpg

My shelves for my games. I sold about 75% of my collection to help fund me quitting my job to start game development four years ago, so this is what I've got left.

Y7IWUOP.jpg

Overflow storage room for boxes and stuff.

mn2VmSI.jpg

BONUS: Here's 90 copies of Super GunWorld 2.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
I've bought a new cabinet and tried to make it a cable-free zone. It succeeded as the doors cover all the components (yay). The backs of the cupboard also ensure a cable-free area. Unfortunately, it produces way too much heat so I'll have to remove the back panels (as you can see in the AVR photo). I haven't done it for the unit with my consoles in yet so I just open the door while they're being used. Please ignore any stray cables around the room as these photos are from a few days ago. They're gone/hidden now

Component list:

Samsung 55MU6500 - curved, 4k, HDR 55" TV

Denon X2300 AVR - currently in a 5.1.2 as I prefer it to 7.1

Speakers - Kef Q300 front, Kef Q200 centre, Monitor Audio BX2 rears. Not pictured: Anthony Gallo Micro TI for Atmos - they're on a top shelf, pointing downwards. I also forgot to take a picture of my sub. It's an Anthony Gallo TR-3D. It's an absolute monster. It sounds brilliant but looks very small and unassuming

Full System:
sWHk0lj.jpg

Kef Q200
ORzIIcl.jpg

Kef Q300
HtyKT5u.jpg

Monitor Audio BX2. Formerly my front speakers but the Kefs were on offer. I took a gamble with them and they blew me away. The BX2 are great speakers but speakers have no right being as good as the Kef Q300 for the price I paid (£200)
j0YUGYD.jpg

Denon X2300 - the poor thing overheated on my first night with the new cabinet. It was still working fine even though it was boiling hot. This thing is a beast. Ignore the sloppy cables. They'll be tidied soon but they're fine for now as they're blocked by the door anyway.
vmIemfA.jpg

This is the side that really suffered from the heat. Anyone ever heard an Xbox One X with the fan at full power? It's louder than a vacuum cleaner! Again, the cables are...okay. They'll be tidied properly when I remove the back panel
hgNHH0K.jpg

My favourite toy. Project Essential 3 turntable. This is one of my favourite records and favourite albums of 2017 - Goldfinger: The Knife. You can also see my pre-amp, Hue box, and two network HDDs
PZ2bTDX.jpg

zatARh3.jpg

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's mine for early 2018:

jbwRFL9.jpg

OMUQflP.jpg

4fNHTna.jpg

Full view:

VTFdGH6.jpg

Specs:

Fractal Define r5
i5-7600k
Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB Ram
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
Asus Maximus Hero IX z270
250 GB Samsung Evo m.2 SSD
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler
EVGA 750W G2

ICY4aUc.jpg

Jack Frost

Oct 25, 2017
My ghetto retro setup. I need a bigger tv stand.

KmHIUsY.jpg

Wii
PS2
SNES
Gamecube
N64
Sony Trinitron TV

Don't have a pic of my HD setup available.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
P_20180115_222653.jpg

Playstation Family all set in. just missing the 3DS and PSP that are on another table.

PS4 on the base (with the USB hub connected) with a 1.5Tb external HDD
Above, a Fat PS3 with a 2Tb external HDD (using it to Emulate PS1 games)
Above it a Fat Ps2 with an internal 2Tb Drive
And above it, a Wii U

All connected to a 5 way HDMI splitter into a BENQ 0 Latency Monitor

Next to it, my PC, which is starting to show it's age :

GTX 780 3Gb
32Gb Ram
i5 7670K 3.40GhZ
With an absurd amount of HDD ( 2 SSDs Sata, 1 SSD m.2, 4 Internal HDD and 2 External HDD, plus a Dock with a Backup HDD )

Weeniekuns

Oct 27, 2017
What stand is that please and is it stable viced on to the desk like that?. I have an Ikea Adils/Linnmon desk and was looking at these type of stands but wasn't sure how sturdy they are and if over time would crack the desk at all

Humanscale M8... the thing is a freaking tank and is rated to hold up to 40 lbs (My 34" Alienware AW3418DW weighs a bit over 20 lbs and it doesnt budge unless I want it to). Price however is about $400 retail (got mine refurbed much less). If you don't need as much strength, I have heard very good things about the Ergotron Freedom which supports around 20 lbs for closer to $100.

I have a 3/4" sheet of plywood acting as additional bracing on the bottom side of the clamps.

Last edited:

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

Also, anyone have any suggestions on something I could do with the slotted ceilings?

[snip]

IuGdUri.jpg

I relaly like your setup :D. What kind of TV is that? And what size?