Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I think Biden only mentioned Trump once, and it wasn't even in reference to Trump, but the Trump voters

Trump being left in the dust
Good. With every minute that passes, we move on from Trump's America. He doesn't deserve recognition from Biden when he can't even gracefully accept defeat.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
All the talk about cooperation is good and well but how are you going to a) cooperate with Republicans and b) pass progressive legislation?

It's probably the best speech you can give at this moment but forgive me if I am skeptical about the contents of it.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
McConnell was the only Republican senator who attended Beau's funeral. He and Biden have had a strong friendship for decades. Now, given the past four years who knows how things have changed, but there is a lot of personal history there that I don't think can be discounted.
Let's hope so, because this country needs stimulus and the first thing Graham talked about was the national debt.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah baby

tenor.gif
Kamala Harris's enthusiasm is so infectious.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I will always associate Simply the Best with Edge from that one promo where he was celebrating himself

That's much better than what I have been conditioned to associate it with living in Glasgow, what with sectarian Rangers football fans!

Fireworks display was great. Speech was great. I think I preferred Harris's speech overall.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
fire works and drones is a pretty cool thing i want to see more of

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The amount of protesting I had participated with the bullshit Trump had put this country in, finally, we have someone in power to fix our country. I'm proud to be a American tonight.

God bless you all.

😭

Oct 28, 2017
Joe Biden did in one speech what Donald Trump couldn't do in four years: put a nation at ease.

It's nice to see a professional on the job again.

Great speech.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
That was the first Biden speech I watched. It felt amazing when he explicitly addressed LGBTQ people in his first speech as the US president. That's historic for the movement.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
That lead up, when he was mentioning jobs and races, then pause, the black vote, was the most powerful thing I heard in a long time. Instant tears.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
I will say though, normally politics with the families and stuff comes across as a bit pandering/staged, but god damn does the genuine love and happiness from kamala and her family and Joe and his family. The cold distance between donald and melania made them seem like super villains
Seem? No doubt they are comic book villains come to life.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Let's go! Ah man what a great relief, January 2021 can't come soon enough.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
These kinds of speeches don't really do much for me just in general, but I will say it is SO nice to hear a president vocally acknowledge trans people specifically in a major speech.

I'll also say he looked and sounded really sharp and steady in general.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I broke down into tears towards the end of his speech, it hit me profoundly how much better I feel simply to have a capable compassionate statesman in charge again after all this fucking madness.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
That was the first Biden speech I watched. It felt amazing when he explicitly addressed LGBTQ people in his first speech as the US president. That's historic for the movement.
Agree completely. It was a fantastic speech and I feel more excited about the future of america than I have in... forever?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Mentally comparing Kamala & Joe's speech tonight to Trump's lying, exhausted rant from yesterday and god damn, it's so great to have a real president again.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I broke down into tears towards the end of his speech, it hit me profoundly how much better I feel simply to have a capable compassionate statesman in charge again after all this fucking madness.

it'll be a relief not immediately wondering "oh great how's he gonna fuck this up" when some major crisis happens,unlike the last 4 years

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What an unbelievably strong speech from Kamala, you couldn't write that any better, it was perfect, really impressive.

Biden was great too, what a difference to the last 4 years.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Lol CBC women was like "Okay everyone, here's Donald Trump! No I'm just kidding"